You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Beanlord

Raid for the Filth -- People Can't Play Fair

13 comments in this topic

[POTW]
Members
56 posts
10,126 battles

Went to try the Raid for the Filth, and of course people had to take advantage.  Bad enough that the other teams were divisions, and we were not, but the other two teams were from the same guild and cooperating.  They killed everyone not in the guild (that didn't flee).  In my book, that's cheating.  I know there's only so much WG can do, but they could at least scan for people in the same guild on different teams.

shot-19.11.03_19.34.00-0388.jpg

shot-19.11.03_19.30.30-0330.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts

There are three opposing teams. It's very hard to get all three on each team to agree not to attack. Even if you do there are still six red players whose names are sometimes hard to distinguish from bots. It only takes one stray shot to dissolve an cease fire. I've seen total cooperation twice in something like 50 Twilight games. There's nothing to prevent people who know each other on separate teams ganging up on those they don't know. Usually you won't get such a successful sync drop though.

Edited by Snargfargle

[POTW]
Members
56 posts
10,126 battles

It helps if you are all on the same clan, and you are all on Discord communicating by voice.

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,217 battles
19 minutes ago, Beanlord said:

In my book, that's cheating.

It is not cheating since this temporary FUN battle mode is a free for all and there are no rules. Get as much filth as you can and get the heck to the portal. 

[A-I-M]
Members
3,466 posts
14,141 battles

I’ve  been fortunate in that there has been no truce breaking in any of my battles. And in my early battles, before I went manual secondaries, when they would fire at the reds, my div mates were able to get the reds lay down their scimitars while I disabled my secondaries, then we all would get cooperative again.

In one battle, my div mates (all in my clan) convinced me to go along with their “no truce” plan. And we mopped up. But then got caught up in the “hey, let’s get Rasputin, too” pitfall, and left it all at the bottom of the ocean.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,278 posts
21,700 battles

Since when is shooting a red ship cheating?

[WOLF1]
Members
2,893 posts

WG can do lots of things to improve the mode, for example, everyone starts with neutral, if you start shooting human, you get a red flag (like declare war) on your head, so at least everyone knows you are attacking human and not others or your teammates, and act accordingly, instead right now it's pretty much total chaos, one bad apple in the team causes people to shoot everyone in the team even though they want truce

[36]
Members
453 posts
10,925 battles

In the majority of my 30-odd Twilight battles, playing under a flag of truce has been so completely normal that I’m genuinely surprised when my team has to engage red players. Except for the first few battles when a friend talked me into trying the mode, I’ve been entering the queue solo and that hasn’t been a problem for me at all. Once in awhile a team with declare open warfare from the beginning, which I think is cool and usually involves a lot of good natured posturing in chat. A couple times one of the red teams will camp near the portal and try to ambush us, but I haven’t really seen that work too well. I can count on four fingers the number of times I was sunk while trying to exit and half of those were due to bots, not humans. But it never bothers me if red players want to break a truce and try, I mean, I’ve been tempted myself, plenty of times. It’s just part of the game and I’m enjoying these Twilight battles quite a lot more than most of the other ideas WG has recently offered up.

Edited by _Starbuck
  • Cool 2

Members
224 posts
1,678 battles

Good job WG.  Solid game mode that appears to be P v E&P.  Well done.  I wonder how many of these players who were not anticipate getting facesmacked but someone want to financially invest further in this game.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,450 posts
4,200 battles
10 minutes ago, Gin_Blossoms said:

Good job WG.  Solid game mode that appears to be P v E&P.  Well done.  I wonder how many of these players who were not anticipate getting facesmacked but someone want to financially invest further in this game.

How does being more financially invested give you an advantage, you can get all the the ships for free, they all come with 19pt commanders, about as level as one can make a playing field. Yeah the more experienced players are going to do better, but that's how games work.

WG clearly intended the PvP and PvE elements, as well as the backstabbing, alliances, and other plots that develop. Personally I think it's a lot of fun, adds another dimension to it. Are we cool, or we going fight? OK, let's both delete this guy instead. Harmless fun, and pretty well thought out IMO. If you can't take a bit of treachery, you're not going to do well in the real world.

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

All is fair in love and war. Always be ready for your frenemy to turn on you in a battle like this. But don't run to forums to complain about it.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
964 posts

I think this is allot of fun.  I have more problems with my own groups than with truces and reds.  With only three people on a team and buffs that you have to be close to use, you would think people could at least try to stick together.  Seriously, you sit there and watch both your teammates head if completely opposite directions.  Or the one that decides he's going  to kill Rasputin...by himself.  Or the DD who is loaded with filth and ten feet from the portal decides he is going to take on all the opposing reds, getting himself and you killed in the  process.  The mode is fun, but very frustrating at times.  

• Cool 1

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,766 battles

I'm so glad this stupidity isn't a part of the normal game. People who willingly expose themselves to game modes where it pays off to grief others really have no place to complain: you knew what this was, and what it would be like. How can you demand sanity from that which is inherently insane?

Edited by Battlecruiser_NewZealand
  • Cool 1