You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Crucis

The perma camos and ships in this Twilight Event

15 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
25,508 posts
27,483 battles

I wish that you guys at WG had stuck with the players playing the steam punk ships and had those skins as perma camos.  I'll never like these fugly monstrous perma-camos and ships.  To me, they're the bad guy ships, not the good guy ships.  And besides, they're fugly as all get out.  At least the steam punk ones have some class to them.  :cap_old:

Oh, and I wish that you guys wouldn't stick that grinder thing on the bow of every frickin' ship in these events.   Come on.  Think of something new.

• Cool 2

[AAA]
Members
168 posts
18,926 battles

Good thing you live in a free country and it is your choice whether to mount them or not. I on the other hand enjoy the variety of camp that is presented. Most of the camos present the same bonuses, so you are not losing any bonus by shelving this camo that is freely given to you. 

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts

The camos are truly awful-looking. It's almost like WG said hey, if we're going to give out free camo that's relatively easy to get, it has to be as ugly as possible. Still, I do appreciate the free camo.

[ABCD3]
Members
511 posts
13,315 battles

Almond Joy has nuts....Mounds don't.   

Some think it's cool....some don't.

Yet it is free.   

• Funny 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
945 posts
10,725 battles

Can’t you turn off the camo so you still get the bonus but don’t have to see it? Thought I read that option was installed recently

Edited by ditka_Fatdog

[SALVO]
Members
25,508 posts
27,483 battles
10 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

Can’t you turn off the camo so you still get the bonus but don’t have to see it? Thought I read that option was installed recently

I'm not going to put in the time and effort to get a high tier perma camo and then not look at it.   I don't mind the steam punk perma camos.  I happen to use the Chapeyev and Lexington steam punk ones, but don't have the others.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts

My favorite camo by far is the one for the tier III St. Louis. It really doesn't look like anything that might not actually be on an experimental electrically-powered ship in the Dreadnought era. I can stand the Freedom camos, especially as the one on my Des Moines makes it a credit printer. I can't say that monster camos are my thing but if I can get one for my Montana, which eats credits even with a win, I'll put up with it. One VIII monster camo I put on my North Carolina. I'm debating which other tier VIII ship to "monsterize."

[HINON]
Members
3,268 posts
27,682 battles
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

I wish that you guys at WG had stuck with the players playing the steam punk ships and had those skins as perma camos.  I'll never like these fugly monstrous perma-camos and ships. 

I couldn’t agree more. Those skins are atrocious. I would not want them even if they were completely free with no grinding. 

• Cool 1

Members
222 posts
9,986 battles
1 hour ago, LCPL4ever said:

The crocosaur one is pretty cool ymmv

I know I love that one. I'd buy it if I had the spare cash atm lol. The mad max looking ones aren't bad either I like them. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

free goodies are free goodies .  get them if you want them.  don't mind grinding them for flags .   got   t8 and t9 camo so far,   t10 will take a while though. 

[WYRN]
Beta Testers
187 posts
16,495 battles
15 hours ago, Crucis said:

I wish that you guys at WG had stuck with the players playing the steam punk ships and had those skins as perma camos.  I'll never like these fugly monstrous perma-camos and ships.  To me, they're the bad guy ships, not the good guy ships.  And besides, they're fugly as all get out.  At least the steam punk ones have some class to them.  :cap_old:

Oh, and I wish that you guys wouldn't stick that grinder thing on the bow of every frickin' ship in these events.   Come on.  Think of something new.

They watch to many robot battle programs.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,705 posts
15,738 battles
16 hours ago, Crucis said:

I wish that you guys at WG had stuck with the players playing the steam punk ships and had those skins as perma camos. 

They had those last year and the year before, and I seriously wish they'd dropped some pumpkin containers into the directive missions alongside the Italian stuff, even the non-premium ones. Alas the only way to do it in-game is in "oh my freaking god" mode, which you require a division to even attempt. 

Hopefully Christmas has a half-price permacamo sale and I'll be able to stick permacamos on a few things that have been waiting their turn for far too long. In the meantime, I've got the First World problem of trying to decide which ships I want to mount the T8 and T9 permacamos on, given that I can't put them on carriers. T9 especially makes me think about which ship I grind up to next from the Tier 8's I have. Lion and Jutland both look like fun, but I wouldn't have considered it up to now because playing T9 without permacamo is brutal.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,000 posts
10,434 battles
17 hours ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

IIRC, the change that was made affected only how other ships appear. Essentially, if you turn off the special camo option other ships in battle no longer appear naked, but have generic camo to give you information about what concealment/dispersion bonuses they have. I believe disabling the special camos still prevents you from mounting them yourself.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,089 posts
12 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

IIRC, the change that was made affected only how other ships appear. Essentially, if you turn off the special camo option other ships in battle no longer appear naked, but have generic camo to give you information about what concealment/dispersion bonuses they have. I believe disabling the special camos still prevents you from mounting them yourself.

This ... if you "hide" a special camo it actually demounts it from your ship and removes it from your available camos.