You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BiggieD61

Yes Virginia, there are no Coal Nerfs

39 comments in this topic

[KSF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
19,671 battles

After seeing the umpteenth Forum thread started by a card-carrying member of Negativity Anonymous regarding his "feelings" that coal drops have been nerfed, I was compelled to save a pic of each of my coal drops from yesterday.shot-19_11.02_22_33.34-0606.thumb.jpg.9b8b5befc6d7317bcc97ee59afce9965.jpgshot-19_11.02_20_46.29-0702.thumb.jpg.b0daca3940e41b905c5274538916755b.jpgshot-19_11.02_17_54.44-0748.thumb.jpg.492f83aad0c0a8afeb2ef7ca0189dc83.jpg

So, 7 of 9 were coal drops - and while that is a bit more than I am used to seeing 3-5 is the norm for me on a full day of crates.  So please put away your tin-foil caps and go rant about how disappointed you are in Italian cruisers or the CV rework - Coal drops are as good as they have always been.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

[YORHA]
Members
5,451 posts
10,751 battles
4 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I didn’t even realise that coal drops are being disputed...

Everything is disputed 'round these here parts.

[KWF]
Members
6,690 posts
7,321 battles
2 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

image_53221428-d44d-46f6-ab1d-ebedb0b34d

Imagine this, only each target represents a different thing to whine about in a thread. There it is, WoWs forums explained in 30 words or less.

• Funny 1

Members
4,477 posts
4,779 battles

I thought the coal nurfs complaints were about the amount you got per item. 

Edited by Yoshiblue

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,585 posts
4,774 battles
10 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

I thought the coal nurfs complaints were about the amount you got per item. 

NAh, it's, "They're not dropping 2-3 sacks any more!  I haven't seen one in a week!"  Yet another demonstration of innumeracy.

• Cool 1

[KSF]
1,732 posts
19,671 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

NAh, it's, "They're not dropping 2-3 sacks any more!  I haven't seen one in a week!"  Yet another demonstration of innumeracy.

A +1 to you sir, just for using the word "innumeracy" properly in a sentence!

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,585 posts
4,774 battles
27 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

A +1 to you sir, just for using the word "innumeracy" properly in a sentence!

There's a fascinating little book of that title.  Everyone should be forced to read it before being granted a high school diploma.

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
9,236 posts
12,665 battles
1 hour ago, UltimateNewbie said:

You can’t do that!!!!!

I dispute that you dispute my disputing, good sir!!!!!!!

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,396 battles
1 hour ago, BiggieD61 said:

After seeing the umpteenth Forum thread started by a card-carrying member of Negativity Anonymous regarding his "feelings" that coal drops have been nerfed, I was compelled to save a pic of each of my coal drops from yesterday.shot-19_11.02_22_33.34-0606.thumb.jpg.9b8b5befc6d7317bcc97ee59afce9965.jpgshot-19_11.02_20_46.29-0702.thumb.jpg.b0daca3940e41b905c5274538916755b.jpgshot-19_11.02_17_54.44-0748.thumb.jpg.492f83aad0c0a8afeb2ef7ca0189dc83.jpg

So, 7 of 9 were coal drops - and while that is a bit more than I am used to seeing 3-5 is the norm for me on a full day of crates.  So please put away your tin-foil caps and go rant about how disappointed you are in Italian cruisers or the CV rework - Coal drops are as good as they have always been.

Oh look, a tiny dollop of data...

Too bad it's so small as to be irrelevant. 

1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

So is this thread...

Seriously though, even if WG adjusted the odds of the drop...is that bad? Why the need to shout down the conspiracy theorists? The whole rush to defend WG thing just smacks of an internet brigade.

Its fine that WG adjusts the payouts of crates. Really...its not a big deal. Just let it go.

• Boring 2

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,585 posts
4,774 battles
5 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

wJ5fcq8.thumb.png.a4b699e34dd5e411f31de71d8418db4c.png

• Funny 1

[KSF]
1,732 posts
19,671 battles
10 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

So is this thread...

Seriously though, even if WG adjusted the odds of the drop...is that bad? Why the need to shout down the conspiracy theorists? The whole rush to defend WG thing just smacks of an internet brigade.

Its fine that WG adjusts the payouts of crates. Really...its not a big deal. Just let it go.

So this guy ^^^ ...

He has over twice as many posts as games played, and while he claims that we should "Just let it go ..." - his post simply perpetuates the discussion - especially since he quoted the entirety of my first post - including all 3 graphic files.  I have seen the "WG NERFS COAL DROPS"  threads in various iterations for the past three months, normally once a week.  It's silly and provided with no evidence of what the actual drops were - at least I showed a day worth of drops as counter-evidence!

Yes, I am also aware this is statistically insignificant, every person who has taken a basic statistics course knows that.  It wasn't meant as conclusive and irrefutable proof - just a snapshot example that large coal drops were still available.  Of course the You had to jump in and add your 2 cents worth - which is your right, but you added nothing but an effort to act superior and above it all.  GG - you showed us all the power of the pen ....

• Cool 1

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,987 battles
1 hour ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Senseless mindless paranoid delusional conspiracy theories being spread by nit wits with nothing better to do.

[KRAK]
Members
3,727 posts
22,543 battles
16 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

So is this thread...

It is the same amount of data the people complaining that drops were nerfed had.

Wait let me correct myself. They provided no data whatsoever.

Biggie at least had some actual data and not just a feeling or opinion.

[-U-]
Members
127 posts
14,644 battles

Just a note, I have noticed that once I get above a certain amount of coal, the amount of coal from containers seems to tail off. When Im coal broke, I get good coal drops from my containers. I think its been almost 2 weeks since the last all coal container for me at 3 containers a day. 

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,396 battles
43 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

It is the same amount of data the people complaining that drops were nerfed had.

Wait let me correct myself. They provided no data whatsoever.

Biggie at least had some actual data and not just a feeling or opinion.

He did.

It's just not a great point.

I'm waiting for someone to conclusively put the argument to bed with comprehensive data. I'm sure it could be done.

46 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Senseless mindless paranoid delusional conspiracy theories being spread by nit wits with nothing better to do.

When WG refuses to release the drop rates...is it really delusional?

Nope.

Could it be answered with data? Yup.

Will it be? Probably not. 

Thus, the delusion persists.

50 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

So this guy ^^^ ...

He has over twice as many posts as games played, and while he claims that we should "Just let it go ..." - his post simply perpetuates the discussion - especially since he quoted the entirety of my first post - including all 3 graphic files.  I have seen the "WG NERFS COAL DROPS"  threads in various iterations for the past three months, normally once a week.  It's silly and provided with no evidence of what the actual drops were - at least I showed a day worth of drops as counter-evidence!

Yes, I am also aware this is statistically insignificant, every person who has taken a basic statistics course knows that.  It wasn't meant as conclusive and irrefutable proof - just a snapshot example that large coal drops were still available.  Of course the You had to jump in and add your 2 cents worth - which is your right, but you added nothing but an effort to act superior and above it all.  GG - you showed us all the power of the pen ....

I'm not the guy making a thread about it...if anything, the 'joke' post is the offensive one that perpetuates the discussion. 

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,585 posts
4,774 battles
15 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I'm waiting for someone to conclusively put the argument to bed with comprehensive data. I'm sure it could be done.

It has been done. Counter_Gambit, Lt_SWO, I, and others have tracked thousands of Resource containers.   The triple-Coal drop rate is about 1 in 21.  In other words, if you played for a solid week and got 21 crates, there's about even odds that one of them would be a triple.  There are the same odds that none would be.

Over 2000 crates, total triple Coal drops are only 95.  That's a small sample to prove a trend, but looking at the drop pattern, there is NO evidence of a nerf.

Our data is publicly available, and we have talked about it many times.  In other words, the data is out there if you care to look.  We can't be held responsible for or to those who make unwarranted assumptions and conclusions. Or who wouldn't understand the data were it served to them on a platter, au jus.

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,396 battles
Just now, iDuckman said:

It has been done. Counter_Gambit, Lt_SWO, I, and others have tracked thousands of Resource containers.   The triple-Coal drop rate is about 1 in 21.  In other words, if you played for a solid week and got 21 crates, there's about even odds that one of them would be a triple.  There are the same odds that none would be.

Over 2000 crates, total triple Coal drops are only 95.  That's a small sample to prove a trend, but looking at the drop pattern, there is NO evidence of a nerf.

Our data is publicly available, and we have talked about it many times.  In other words, the data is out there if you care to look.  We can't be held responsible for or to those who make unwarranted assumptions and conclusions. Or who wouldn't understand the data were it served to them on a platter, au jus.

Can you link the data here?

Then WG can close the thread.

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,422 posts
6,014 battles

I'm actually going to bite on this one, i do think WG toned down the drop rate since it was released.