Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
eagle_lance

Kleber buffs when?

39 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

555
[OO7]
Members
481 posts
27,907 battles

The ship has no defense against cv's and has horrible dpm. Additionally, it gets out spotted by every dd except the overpowered khaba. It needs better dpm, longer range torps, better concealment, better aa, or smoke. The speed is nice, but you can't break contact or survive against cv's for too long. This ship needs help and makes the Yueyang look strong. 

  • Funny 7
  • Boring 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,729 posts
21,137 battles

Uh oh, que @Waxing_Gibbous

And his perpetual infatuation with all things 07 related.. Meh, not drunk yet. No fight in me. I will say I bought two extra monitors so I could lead the Klebers more effectively. I know that's weak...all I could come up with.

Did you know that the Kleber hits 19.9knts in reverse with speed boost and flag? Pretty cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
491 posts

Pfft, doesn't need a buff. Khaba has nothing on this thing. In actual fact, the Kleber is what the Khaba used to be. Except better. Khaba is a sorry shell of itself. Only masochists and window lickers play that thing.

  • Cool 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,148
[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
11,904 posts
8,707 battles

Dunno why people think the kleber is so strong. If you are having problems with the ship just bring a daring and get gud at aiming. 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
539
[OO7]
Members
601 posts
7,497 battles

Kleber is such a dumb bote.  I don't who thought it was a good idea that anyone, regardless of skills, can simply bring a daring + scroll out a bit and instant counter my ship.  

Edited by mixmkz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,358
[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,572 battles

Yeah I was having issues hitting them but then I bought a 4k monitor and it got better.

Kinda rough to need a 4k monitor just to shoot one ship though but meh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,729 posts
21,137 battles
2 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Methinks me smells trollingish type thingies...

lols every post 07 does is a troll post, everyone "should" know this by now.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,358
[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,572 battles
5 minutes ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

lols every post 07 does is a troll post, everyone "should" know this by now.

This isn't from someone in 07 though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
555
[OO7]
Members
481 posts
27,907 battles
15 minutes ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

lols every post 07 does is a troll post, everyone "should" know this by now.

I'm part of OO7, not O7. Two completely different clans. This is serious though. The only reason the ship looks statically good is because only the best players have it right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,729 posts
21,137 battles
2 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

This isn't from someone in 07 though.

Ok, I'll simplify, 07 and it's family of henchmen.

In fact I just left a game playing against a Kleber from 007. @Stormhawk94

He did what good Klebers do. He flanked, and while I kept him in check in my Yueyang by spotting him for half the game, he not only kept three of our ships distracted by zooming around, he also kept me from doing what I should have been doing, eventfully our team started to melt and I had to try to save caps and get some kills, by then to late. Then he ran amuck and we lost. Granted it was a perfect map for a Kleber, Epicenter.

By it's existence it's a ruthless ship simply by its distraction, never mind it's firepower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
555
[OO7]
Members
481 posts
27,907 battles
2 minutes ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

Ok, I'll simplify, 07 and it's family of henchmen.

In fact I just left a game playing against a Kleber from 007. @Stormhawk94

He did what good Klebers do. He flanked, and while I kept him in check in my Yueyang by spotting him for half the game, he not only kept three of our ships distracted by zooming around, he also kept me from doing what I should have been doing, eventfully our team started to melt and I had to try to save caps and get some kills, by then to late. Then he ran amuck and we lost. Granted it was a perfect map for a Kleber, Epicenter.

By it's existence it's a ruthless ship simply by its distraction, never mind it's firepower.

You just gotta ignore it. Its dpm is so low it won't do enough to seriously affect the game. If it distracts 2 or more ships then you will lose because it has done its job. In fact, it's a great torp boat. It has the highest base torpedo dpm at t10. I know a YouTuber made a very informative video detailing this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,729 posts
21,137 battles
1 hour ago, eagle_lance said:

The ship has no defense against cv's and has horrible dpm. Additionally, it gets out spotted by every dd except the overpowered khaba. It needs better dpm, longer range torps, better concealment, better aa, or smoke. The speed is nice, but you can't break contact or survive against cv's for too long. This ship needs help and makes the Yueyang look strong. 

You are probably right, I took a snapshot of my stats for tier 10 dd's. I don't have much experience in the Kleber but I am learning.

u6Huhhh.png

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
555
[OO7]
Members
481 posts
27,907 battles
2 minutes ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

You are probably right, I took a snapshot of my stats for tier 10 dd's. I don't have much experience in the Kleber but I am learning.

u6Huhhh.png

 

 

 

 

 

I've gotten pretty lucky in the Kleber. It's a monster at rushing bow in ships. I run full torpedo reload to take advantage of it's great torpedoes. The guns are horrible though.

Edited by eagle_lance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,729 posts
21,137 battles
5 minutes ago, eagle_lance said:

I've gotten pretty lucky in the Kleber. It's a monster at rushing bow in ships. I run full torpedo reload to take advantage of it's great torpedoes. The guns are horrible though.

Ya, probably right. You are just lucky. Maybe with practice you might get better with it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
555
[OO7]
Members
481 posts
27,907 battles
Just now, Waxing_Gibbous said:

Ya, probably right. You are just lucky. Maybe with practice you might get better with it?

Here's hoping. I'm gonna stop playing it until they buff it though. The Kleber has joined the rank of being a port queen (along with my YY).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,729 posts
21,137 battles
3 minutes ago, eagle_lance said:

Here's hoping. I'm gonna stop playing it until they buff it though. The Kleber has joined the rank of being a port queen (along with my YY).

Probably a smart move, I would hate to see it ruin your stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,878 posts
11,515 battles
2 hours ago, eagle_lance said:

The ship has no defense against cv's and has horrible dpm. Additionally, it gets out spotted by every dd except the overpowered khaba. It needs better dpm, longer range torps, better concealment, better aa, or smoke. The speed is nice, but you can't break contact or survive against cv's for too long. This ship needs help and makes the Yueyang look strong. 

Most CVS don't like engaging the Kleber for several reasons. 

  1. The speed allows them to bow tank and force overshoots with rockets
  2. The agility allows them to dodge most Dive bombers
  3. It can outrun all torps dropped by planes.
  4. Its aa is strong enough to knock out 3 planes of rockets thus ensuring one 2 passes at max.

Personally I love the Kleber, but I also don't play it like a dd, which is kinda the point. As long as you pay attention to the planes you can easily mitigate the damage they do down. If you ignore them and let them hit your from a broadside then yeah you will take 6k from rockets but if you bow or stern tank...Maybe 2k at max.

If you want I have to videos you can look at to see these basic concepts at work. Fyi this also works for Russian Khaba line as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
555
[OO7]
Members
481 posts
27,907 battles
Just now, The_Chiv said:

Most CVS don't like engaging the Kleber for several reasons. 

  1. The speed allows them to bow tank and force overshoots with rockets
  2. The agility allows them to dodge most Dive bombers
  3. It can outrun all torps dropped by planes.
  4. Its aa is strong enough to knock out 3 planes of rockets thus ensuring one 2 passes at max.

Personally I love the Kleber, but I also don't play it like a dd, which is kinda the point. As long as you pay attention to the planes you can easily mitigate the damage they do down. If you ignore them and let them hit your from a broadside then yeah you will take 6k from rockets but if you bow or stern tank...Maybe 2k at max.

If you want I have to videos you can look at to see these basic concepts at work. Fyi this also works for Russian Khaba line as well.

Thanks for the offer but I'll just retire the ship until it's buffed. Other ships have smoke to hide in but this one is just bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
27 posts
11,627 battles
1 minute ago, eagle_lance said:

Thanks for the offer but I'll just retire the ship until it's buffed. Other ships have smoke to hide in but this one is just bad.

I agree i dont even see people running it in clan battles anymore. guess they realized that it has no smoke and that daring will counter it completely cuz of its hydro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,878 posts
11,515 battles
11 minutes ago, The_Skippr said:

@eagle_lance running full torp reload klebber might be the trick, its guns are worse than the shimas so no reason to ever shoot. Its a torp rusher through and through

 

That has not been my experience in the ship at all.

shot-19_11.03_15_11.41-0860.thumb.jpg.77514e79cdba3cafd3017e9ae9562f47.jpgshot-19_11.03_15_13.20-0837.thumb.jpg.51216bdf8328518d75d3845d626e2325.jpg

An argument can be made for bft swap to DE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
27 posts
11,627 battles
Just now, The_Chiv said:

That has not been my experience in the ship at all.

shot-19_11.03_15_11.41-0860.thumb.jpg.77514e79cdba3cafd3017e9ae9562f47.jpgshot-19_11.03_15_13.20-0837.thumb.jpg.51216bdf8328518d75d3845d626e2325.jpg

An argument can be made for bft swap to DE

pretty sure your misplaying it theres no point to have range or gun dpm on guns you cant use. so really just take torp reload and maybe even torp acceleration 

but ye klebber is 100% a torp rushing kife fighter like how the shima and gearing are supposed to be played

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,878 posts
11,515 battles
2 minutes ago, eagle_lance said:

Thanks for the offer but I'll just retire the ship until it's buffed. Other ships have smoke to hide in but this one is just bad.

Nah its not. It's a different playstyle and mindset you have to use in order to do well with it. In some cases, this is a matter of confidence and skill. If you play it like the old khaba pre rework it does really well.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×