Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CriMiNaL__

Subs

39 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Testers
3,748 posts
14,457 battles

When are we going to get more information as to what is happening with subs.

The sooner they are in randoms the better, of course with decent testing, which seems it might be finished, so lets get them in game by Xmas.

I will be looking forward to them showing some premium subs of course.

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,259
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,191 posts
14,756 battles

I think they are still chewing on the data & feedback and there is a lot going on at the moment putting them on hold. Have some patience, the train wreck will eventually continue.

giphy.gif

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
904
[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,305 posts
6,130 battles
4 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

When are we going to get more information as to what is happening with subs.

The sooner they are in randoms the better, of course with decent testing, which seems it might be finished, so lets get them in game by Xmas.

I will be looking forward to them showing some premium subs of course.

... "decent testing" means "time"... as far as I remember they explained they would be some special scenarios for subs, once balanced, they would be added to the random battles...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,354
[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,286 posts
9,867 battles
4 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

When are we going to get more information as to what is happening with subs.

The sooner they are in randoms the better, of course with decent testing, which seems it might be finished, so lets get them in game by Xmas.

I will be looking forward to them showing some premium subs of course.

It takes a long time to implement soviet bias code, hidden and overt into all soviet ships in the game so they suffer the least from the introduction of subs. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,848
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

Submarines will be shoehorned into the game by Christmas, don't worry.

I mean there hasn't been an announcement for this but it's kinda obvious that's what's going to happen. They're going to want to shove subs into the santa crates to bait gambling sales.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,110
[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,765 battles
6 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

When are we going to get more information as to what is happening with subs.

The sooner they are in randoms the better, of course with decent testing, which seems it might be finished, so lets get them in game by Xmas.

I will be looking forward to them showing some premium subs of course.

You have learned nothing from the CV rework.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
279 posts
1,259 battles
2 hours ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Submarines will be shoehorned into the game by Christmas, don't worry.

I mean there hasn't been an announcement for this but it's kinda obvious that's what's going to happen. They're going to want to shove subs into the santa crates to bait gambling sales.

I did read somewhere that 2019 is the release year. As its November already I would agree around Christmas. I assume another event of a sort will happen for Christmas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,854
[FML]
Members
4,091 posts
15,993 battles
3 hours ago, Steeler_Nation_USA said:

I am sure the people that OK'd the CV rework as well as the italian line will comprise the focus and tester groups. 

Those involved in the CV testing late last year/early this year were pretty clear and consistent in how unfun it was to be a surface ship and that more balancing was required, and the devs took until about August to work it out for themselves. Just saying you should direct your snarky comment correctly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
606 posts
7,511 battles
13 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Those involved in the CV testing late last year/early this year were pretty clear and consistent in how unfun it was to be a surface ship and that more balancing was required, and the devs took until about August to work it out for themselves. Just saying you should direct your snarky comment correctly. 

Tell that to people playing in Tiers 4-6 now how fun it is with 2-3 CV's per side. I think i can direct my "snarky" comment to whomever and wherever i want unless someone nominated your [edited]. 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,854
[FML]
Members
4,091 posts
15,993 battles
13 minutes ago, Steeler_Nation_USA said:

Tell that to people playing in Tiers 4-6 now how fun it is with 2-3 CV's per side. I think i can direct my "snarky" comment to whomever and wherever i want unless someone nominated your [edited]. 

Assign blame where it is due or risk sapping support for your claim. Yes, 3 T4 CVs are suboptimal in many respects and should be immediately fixed, but at least they can’t 1shot ships with an expert cross drop anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,110
[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,765 battles
1 hour ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Assign blame where it is due or risk sapping support for your claim. Yes, 3 T4 CVs are suboptimal in many respects and should be immediately fixed, but at least they can’t 1shot ships with an expert cross drop anymore. 

They can sink even battleships in a continuous two minutes of impotence while you helplessly try to maneuver though...

...its not a better feeling than being quickly sunk...the inevitability feeling is still present.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,854
[FML]
Members
4,091 posts
15,993 battles
11 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

They can sink even battleships in a continuous two minutes of impotence while you helplessly try to maneuver though...

...its not a better feeling than being quickly sunk...the inevitability feeling is still present.

True, but time is also a weapon.  It means the CV cant move on to attack higher value targets, like the DD chasing the carrier down.  It means there is more chance for the fkup fairy to visit the enemy, for you to spot a target and 1 shot them with your super accurate T3 BB guns, etc etc.  

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,110
[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,765 battles
1 hour ago, UltimateNewbie said:

True, but time is also a weapon.  It means the CV cant move on to attack higher value targets, like the DD chasing the carrier down.  It means there is more chance for the fkup fairy to visit the enemy, for you to spot a target and 1 shot them with your super accurate T3 BB guns, etc etc.  

 

Maybe...but dieing in the first 3 minutes doesnt leave much time for the hand of Stalin to guide my shells the one time I get to shoot at that YOLOing cruiser before I die...

...assuming my turrets are pointing in a useful direction from all hmthe twisting to try to avoid torpedoes...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,320
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,141 posts
17,201 battles

We might get the special mode in December. I would be surprised if we see them in randoms this year. Maybe New years.

Open testing could be at any moment.

Testing plans

The first step will come in the form of Closed Tests of the game process in order to evaluate the current concept and ensure the stability of test clients.

Then, Open Testing will take place. During this stage, you’ll be able to share your opinions with us and be among the first players to try out the new ship type in World of Warships. We’re planning several testing iterations during the second stage. It will be something like a Beta Test for the new type. Initially, only some of the players who submit their applications will be able to participate in the testing. Access will gradually be expanded and in time, everyone will be able to take part in the submarine trials.

After this comes the third stage. We’ll add submarines into the live client as a separate battle type, similar to Arms Race, Savage Battle, or Space Battle. The third stage will last several months. This will enable us to make the final touches and adjust the balance of the new type on the live server. When we're done with all these steps, we'll be able to decide on the final fate of submarines.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,848
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
26 minutes ago, paradat said:

We might get the special mode in December. I would be surprised if we see them in randoms this year. Maybe New years.

My you're such an optimist.

It's more likely they'll be shoehorned in by Christmas regardless of how finished they are. And you know exactly why.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,320
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,141 posts
17,201 battles
6 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

My you're such an optimist.

It's more likely they'll be shoehorned in by Christmas regardless of how finished they are. And you know exactly why.

Well they did say that the special mode would last for several months. So only going by WG statements. If they do it faster I will likely not complain. Been looking forward to this since launch so even though I am very excited I have no issues with WG following the development plan they laid out.

We will find out soon enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
289
[RLGN]
Members
857 posts
6,721 battles

Ha, they might reach PTS by Christmas, but that's pretty unlikely.  There's almost certainly going to be at least one more round of testing on the TST servers, which may or may not wait until after the holidays to happen, then if they think it's ready for PTS it'll be there for at least a solid month.  After they think they're solid enough to be on the live server they said even then they'll initially only appear in a separate game mode and so be absent from random, co-op, and certainly clan and ranked.  I can't imagine them being in random battles in less than six months from now, and it will probably be longer.

 

I too am anxious for more news, but it's best just to keep your eyes peeled and if you haven't already watch videos of the previous tests and read through the rounds 1 and 2 feedback threads to get an idea of their current state and what people liked and didn't like about them.  It looks to me like they're going to take additional time to iron the kinks out.  Naturally there's no amount of time and testing that can satisfy players that want the meta to remain forever chiseled in stone, but I think the release of submarines will be much closer to if the carrier rework had been released in its current state instead of the way it was which required months of huge pendulum swings in strike power, AA power, etc to get it balanced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,122
[TDRB]
Members
5,154 posts
13,741 battles
29 minutes ago, paradat said:

We might get the special mode in December. I would be surprised if we see them in randoms this year. Maybe New years.

Open testing could be at any moment.

Testing plans

The first step will come in the form of Closed Tests of the game process in order to evaluate the current concept and ensure the stability of test clients.

Then, Open Testing will take place. During this stage, you’ll be able to share your opinions with us and be among the first players to try out the new ship type in World of Warships. We’re planning several testing iterations during the second stage. It will be something like a Beta Test for the new type. Initially, only some of the players who submit their applications will be able to participate in the testing. Access will gradually be expanded and in time, everyone will be able to take part in the submarine trials.

After this comes the third stage. We’ll add submarines into the live client as a separate battle type, similar to Arms Race, Savage Battle, or Space Battle. The third stage will last several months. This will enable us to make the final touches and adjust the balance of the new type on the live server. When we're done with all these steps, we'll be able to decide on the final fate of submarines.

 

I have a suspicion the decision that subs will be a part of the game has been made. The question is whether WG will wait until a reasonable game balance has been achieved or repeat the fiasco known as the CV rework implementation. I sure those wanting subs will have very thick rose colored glasses when demanding subs in randoms.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,320
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,141 posts
17,201 battles
Just now, kgh52 said:

I have a suspicion the decision that subs will be a part of the game has been made. The question is whether WG will wait until a reasonable game balance has been achieved or repeat the fiasco known as the CV rework implementation. I sure those wanting subs will have very thick rose colored glasses when demanding subs in randoms.

Decision has for sure been made. They are coming.

Seems like they learned from the CV rework hence the current plan.

Heck ya they could release them as is from the 2nd beta test and I would be happy lol. Of course if they take more time and make them better I will be more happy.

Happy Sam Rockwell GIF

 

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,848
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

I'd like to be wrong. I really would.

But I highly suspect subs will be crammed in by Christmas regardless of what state they're in, in order to push sales of gold and gamble crates.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,320
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,141 posts
17,201 battles
4 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

I'd like to be wrong. I really would.

But I highly suspect subs will be crammed in by Christmas regardless of what state they're in, in order to push sales of gold and gamble crates.

I think you are safe.

Might be the special mode and if yes then yeah they might sell prem subs even before they go into randoms.  Randoms by Christmas very unlikely. Even if the special mode goes live with the next patch it is not enough time to get them into Randoms by Christmas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,122
[TDRB]
Members
5,154 posts
13,741 battles
2 hours ago, paradat said:

Decision has for sure been made. They are coming.

Seems like they learned from the CV rework hence the current plan.

Heck ya they could release them as is from the 2nd beta test and I would be happy lol. Of course if they take more time and make them better I will be more happy.

Happy Sam Rockwell GIF

 

I do hope they did learn.  I do not want subs in the game. But I'll wait & see what they come up with.

I leave you with this thought. There are more planes in the ocean than subs in thew sky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×