You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NukemBoyZ

LBA Recruitment

9 comments in this topic

[V1-PI]
Members
3 posts
3,789 battles

We are a clan looking to build on becoming a community, with the goal of having fun as we grow. We offer a very friendly atmosphere with respect and are willing to help you improve your game play. If that requires one on one or group training, we are more then happy to help you out. We also are more then willing to help people level through the tiers. If you are more competitive, we also participate in clan battles and regularly division up with each other. Requirements: All clan members join our Discord. Minimum WR 50%, Minimum 500 battles played. Respect everybody in the clan, please be social in Discord. If you are interested in joining our clan please DM Myself or Cpt_Foddur. 

Edited by NukemBoyZ

[WOLFC]
Members
3,065 posts
53 minutes ago, NukemBoyZ said:

We are a clan looking to build ...

I'd suggest putting your "ad" in the Clan Recruitment forum ... it will remain higher up in visibility longer and is the normal place for such threads.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/forum/173-clan-recruitment/

You may also want to change your font color ... the light blue is difficult to read.  Cheers and good luck with your clan.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,561 posts
15,634 battles

LBA is a photographers' abbreviation for "Lens Buying Addiction", a disease very similar to PSBA (Premium Ship Buying Addiction) in World of Warships. It stems from the belief that a new  hunk of glass in front of your camera will somehow make you a better photographer. I'm sure the parallels are obvious. It's a subset of GAS ("Gear Acquisition Syndrome"), which more or less covers off both photography and WOWS.

I saw this and I thought "I don't need to be recruited for LBA; I have it already." :Smile_teethhappy: 

My only excuse is that I shoot film cameras from an era where zooms were few and far between (and not all that crash-hot), so you actually NEEDED a whole bunch of lenses for various applications. Here it's different - a fairly broad range of ships IS beneficial, but the tech tree supplies most of the variety that most people need and no spending is absolutely required.

(Photogs have it lucky - if you hate the lens you bought, you can at least sell it off. Ships, not so much.)

[DBRIS]
Members
673 posts
11,847 battles

Wow, I thought I was going blind. Light grey on white is a bit hard to read!

3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

My only excuse is that I shoot film cameras from an era where zooms were few and far between (and not all that crash-hot), so you actually NEEDED a whole bunch of lenses for various applications. Here it's different - a fairly broad range of ships IS beneficial, but the tech tree supplies most of the variety that most people need and no spending is absolutely required.

I still wish I had my OM2s, worked with/without battery. This new Nikon absolutely runs it down and dies in @ 1-2 hours of normal use. 

[PHD]
Members
1,676 posts
7,026 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

LBA is a photographers' abbreviation for "Lens Buying Addiction", a disease very similar to PSBA (Premium Ship Buying Addiction) in World of Warships. It stems from the belief that a new  hunk of glass in front of your camera will somehow make you a better photographer. I'm sure the parallels are obvious. It's a subset of GAS ("Gear Acquisition Syndrome"), which more or less covers off both photography and WOWS.

I saw this and I thought "I don't need to be recruited for LBA; I have it already." :Smile_teethhappy: 

(Photogs have it lucky - if you hate the lens you bought, you can at least sell it off. Ships, not so much.)

My LBA was cured by no money, or not enough. Nikon f4 400 to 600mm zoom $7,200 in 1982 dollars.

My premium fleet cost much less and I don't have to dust them

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
21,561 posts
15,634 battles
Just now, ItsSubmersible said:

This new Nikon

Which Nikon is this?

The film camera closest to me right now is my Pentax S1a (sold in the US as the Honeywell Pentax H1a). It needs no batteries because it's so old that cameras didn't even have inbuilt light meters back then. My favourite is the MX, the shutter of which is also mechanically driven. Isn't the OM2 the one that metered off the film plane? Hunt up E-bay; you might be able to find yourself one and relive the good old days.

The digital camera closest to me right now is my Pentax K5, which on at least one occasion has run through a 7-day family holiday with no more than one battery change.

1 minute ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

My LBA was cured by no money, or not enough. Nikon f4 400 to 600mm zoom $7,200 in 1982 dollars.

That's a lot of Frieslands in the Premium Shop! :Smile_teethhappy: But if you want to take a picture of a ballerina's nose hairs from the back of the concert hall, you gotta have the best! 

[DBRIS]
Members
673 posts
11,847 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Which Nikon is this?

The film camera closest to me right now is my Pentax S1a (sold in the US as the Honeywell Pentax H1a). It needs no batteries because it's so old that cameras didn't even have inbuilt light meters back then. My favourite is the MX, the shutter of which is also mechanically driven. Isn't the OM2 the one that metered off the film plane? Hunt up E-bay; you might be able to find yourself one and relive the good old days.

The digital camera closest to me right now is my Pentax K5, which on at least one occasion has run through a 7-day family holiday with no more than one battery change.

That's a lot of Frieslands in the Premium Shop! :Smile_teethhappy: But if you want to take a picture of a ballerina's nose hairs from the back of the concert hall, you gotta have the best! 

D5600. I picked up 4 spare batteries and have learned to keep them charged and ready! I might go find another OM1/2s, it was also a LOT smaller.

[PHD]
Members
1,676 posts
7,026 battles

I was into wildlife, needed lower light ability. More the nostril of a cottonmouth without getting too intimate than a ballerina  though both are dangerous. 

My F3 had a mechanical back up shutter that was only 1/60 sec and you had to figure your own exposure if the batteries failed. 

[NFJF]
Members
693 posts
10,365 battles

Nice that there are still some new clans forming. I figured most players that want to be in one would already be in one by now.