You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ahyote

Nintendo Switch

28 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
265 battles

Please Wargaming start putting your games onto the Switch!! I keep hopping on and wondering how cool it would be to be able to play World of Warships with decent graphics, on the go. Even World of Tanks blitz (console version) would be awesome to have. Nintendo Switch is the best selling Nintendo system since, and its proven itself that it can make companies a ton of money, and give them a huge player base. Please start porting your games over, seriously! It makes no sense you guys haven't even considered this!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[RAGE]
Members
1,952 posts
8,257 battles

Console Operating System Market Share, September 2019.  Tells you all you need to know. 

Playstation    54.65%
Xbox    43.86%
Nintendo    1.49%

• Cool 1
  • Confused 2

Members
3 posts
265 battles
1 hour ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Console Operating System Market Share, September 2019.  Tells you all you need to know. 

Playstation    54.65%
Xbox    43.86%
Nintendo    1.49%

Hold up, so you're saying, and actually believe that this game wouldn't do good on the Nintendo Switch, despite it being a best selling console, and has a extremely wide and diverse player base that practically lives for AAA titles and indie titles alike? Wargaming products coming to the Switch would not only bolster the already established player base for their games, but because of that improve their income (more players to buy packs, premium vehicles, premium accounts, etc...).

Is this not what F2P games survive off of? Stop acting like the Switch is some out of date console, the only issue with the Switch is that video game companies aren't even looking into the opportunity of putting their games onto the platform, even though the Switch can easily support them. Its blatant laziness, and nobody wants to be courageous enough to actually do it as if there is some sort of bad stigma for the console like it couldn't support its own weight, even though proving every case otherwise. 

TL;DR F2P games thrive off of a larger playerbase. So make your F2P game more available. To not do this on a best selling console **IS** ridiculous.

Edited by Ahyote
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Banned
715 posts
1,092 battles
1 hour ago, Ahyote said:

Please Wargaming start putting your games onto the Switch!! I keep hopping on and wondering how cool it would be to be able to play World of Warships with decent graphics, on the go. Even World of Tanks blitz (console version) would be awesome to have. Nintendo Switch is the best selling Nintendo system since, and its proven itself that it can make companies a ton of money, and give them a huge player base. Please start porting your games over, seriously! It makes no sense you guys haven't even considered this!

I dont think switch can handle the gpu and cpu requirements. The PC version has best graphics and feel to me but you need good cpu and gpu. Also switch users are generally a lot younger than the player base of WOWS.

Edited by JaysUsedBoatParts

Members
4,354 posts
4,615 battles

I was surprised, but not really, when Switch was the only console left out for Wows Legends. Then again the target audience for the other two consoles may have to do with it. 

Members
2,646 posts
4,301 battles
1 hour ago, Ahyote said:

Hold up, so you're saying, and actually believe that this game wouldn't do good on the Nintendo Switch, despite it being a best selling console, and has a extremely wide and diverse player base that practically lives for AAA titles and indie titles alike? Wargaming products coming to the Switch would not only bolster the already established player base for their games, but because of that improve their income (more players to buy packs, premium vehicles, premium accounts, etc...).

Is this not what F2P games survive off of? Stop acting like the Switch is some out of date console, the only issue with the Switch is that video game companies aren't even looking into the opportunity of putting their games onto the platform, even though the Switch can easily support them. Its blatant laziness, and nobody wants to be courageous enough to actually do it as if there is some sort of bad stigma for the console like it couldn't support its own weight, even though proving every case otherwise. 

TL;DR F2P games thrive off of a larger playerbase. So make your F2P game more available. To not do this on a best selling console **IS** ridiculous.

The Switch is literally an out of date console.  Its the highest performing handheld on the market sure,  but on the overall its popularity is blown wildly out of proportion by Nintendo and their fanatic fanbase.  They are screaming about beating the other two consoles in sales when both other consoles have been out for ages at this point.   Just because it is 'best selling' right now does not magically mean its more popular than consoles that have been out for literally years before,  and when this particular system isn't coming anywhere near beating what the other two were doing in their first two years.

So maybe dial it back on the drooling fanboism,  yeah?

• Cool 1
  • Confused 4
  • Boring 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,000 posts
5,814 battles
2 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Playstation    54.65%
Xbox    43.86%
Nintendo    1.49%

You have a source for that figure btw?

Because afaik the Switch has roughly the same global hardware sales as the Xbone, and should outsell the Xbone by the end of its lifespan. The Switch is also easily outselling the PS4 globally atm.

http://www.vgchartz.com/

• Cool 3

[KNCOL]
Members
812 posts
1,889 battles

Would be neat to have but I'm not sure if a switch could handle it (dont know specs and stuff) but I can definitely see it running blitz or maybe it's own version that merges the two

Edited by Koogus
Spelling and grammar garbage
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,000 posts
5,814 battles
9 hours ago, Palladia said:

The Switch is literally an out of date console.  Its the highest performing handheld on the market sure,  but on the overall its popularity is blown wildly out of proportion by Nintendo and their fanatic fanbase.  They are screaming about beating the other two consoles in sales when both other consoles have been out for ages at this point.   Just because it is 'best selling' right now does not magically mean its more popular than consoles that have been out for literally years before,  and when this particular system isn't coming anywhere near beating what the other two were doing in their first two years.

So maybe dial it back on the drooling fanboism,  yeah?

Roughly 27 months after the Xbox One's release in Nov 2013, reportedly the Xbone had sold 19 million units by Jan 2016. It's well known that Xbone's pre-launch hype and release were complete public relations disasters.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/2/17312606/microsoft-xbox-one-sales-2018-update

Roughly 25 months after the Nintendo Switch's release in Mar 2017, it was confirmed that the Switch had sold 34.74 million units by April 2019.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/25/18515516/nintendo-earnings-switch-china-sales

For comparison the PS4 was boasting of 35.9 million total units sold after its second year. So clearly the Switch been doing numbers very near to the PS4, and crushing the Xbox One in the first 2 years. So do your research first before making such erroneous statements. Be careful that you aren't promoting the same fanboism you accuse others of, because hypocrisy is easy to smell.

Personally I don't want to see WoWs on Switch since I don't think it's the right spot for it. My guess is that the nature of the Switch, and it not always necessarily being in range of wifi is an issue for WG. It is a great system though and I appreciate being able to play games lying in bed.

• Cool 4

[STURM]
Members
721 posts
5,926 battles
8 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

You have a source for that figure btw?

Because afaik the Switch has roughly the same global hardware sales as the Xbone, and should outsell the Xbone by the end of its lifespan. The Switch is also easily outselling the PS4 globally atm.

http://www.vgchartz.com/

This seems to be the source for those numbers: https://gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share/console/worldwide

Problem is, I have no idea what the hell "Console Operating System Market Share" actually is. Nor does that site seem to have any mention of how they got those numbers, so it might not be accurate.

But either way, they clash hard with the concrete sales numbers we have, so those numbers are wildly inaccurate or just not relevant to the relative popularity.

But yeah, @Ahyote, my guess is that the MMO and internet heavy nature of Warships clashes hard with the Switch's portable nature. Splatoon shows it can be done, but it might not be worth it for a game as niche as WoWS. 

Members
4,354 posts
4,615 battles

If I had to guess, Nintendo is so low on that chart because they don't really use their OS for anything else. Sony and Microsoft's system can be used for other things, such as the shift from the 360 to Xbox 1 to Xbox 1 X, but Nintendo only makes consoles and games and their operating systems are different every time. Though they've become pretty similar looking recently. 

[WOLF8]
Members
7,593 posts
6,366 battles

Nintendo consoles have always sold well. Well, except Wii U, I guess, but I also heard Switch blowing the competition out of the water ever since it came out, in terms of sales. I am not surprised, because it seems Nintendo does have a knack for making something that's very much appealing to a lot of diverse group of people. The system can be both traditional plug-into-a-TV system, and a handheld on the go. There're tons of hardcore gamers who are fans of Nintendo IP's, whom will instantly gobble up anything Nintendo, and at the same time their system has that "casual friendly" vibe for non-dedicated gamers, who are just looking for casual fun. I mean, at this point in time, who hasn't heard (and played at one) of Mario, Zelda, and etc?

That being said, it is no secret that the system is weak, performance wise, by today's standards. It's pretty much an old news that Nintendo purposely do this, in order to keep the cost down. Instead, they try to "out compete" the others through other means, such as exclusive first party titles, and etc.

Would Switch be able to run WoWs Legends? Who knows. I say no, but that's just me. I remember hearing about Switch having some troubles with running "ports" of some older games from other systems, even when things are watered down, and it actually have caused quite a bit of dissatisfaction among the gamers. So I wouldn't be surprised if WG sees no value in extending out to Switch.

My 2 doubloons. 

Members
900 posts
2,737 battles
11 hours ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

I dont think switch can handle the gpu and cpu requirements.

I think this would be the issue too.  It already barely copes with frame rates and graphic settings of less detailed game.  I can't see WoWs working.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

Considering what Nintendo did to EA, do you honestly think they're going to accept WoWS as-is with its built in gambling simulator?

• Funny 1

[WOLF8]
Members
7,593 posts
6,366 battles

Additionally, there already is a version of WoWs that one can play on the go...

WoWs Blitz.

Smartphones are selling even better than Switch does, hence far more reach to potential customers. TBH, I highly doubt the portability of Switch is such a big deal these days. One of its claim to fame is the dual function of being both a traditional console and a handheld, but AFAIK, even Nintendo couldn't fight against the portability of the mobile market. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
30,785 posts
9,354 battles
14 hours ago, Ahyote said:

He does have a point. After all, Fortnite is on Switch....

TBH, I would be ok with it, then I could play with my nephew. He brought his Switch over one time, I set him up with a TV, and I downloaded Fortnite to play with him.

I found out I can't stand that game lol.

• Cool 1

Members
1,872 posts

The Switch can pretty much run anything an Xbox 360 or PS3 can. And Wows isn't exactly known for it's high minimum requirements. It could definitely be done... but is there a demand for an internet sea-ship popping game on a Nintendo platform?

• Cool 1

Members
3 posts
265 battles
On 11/4/2019 at 4:08 AM, ElectroVeeDub said:

The Switch can pretty much run anything an Xbox 360 or PS3 can. And Wows isn't exactly known for it's high minimum requirements. It could definitely be done... but is there a demand for an internet sea-ship popping game on a Nintendo platform?

I believe the best way to answer that is that there are no big games like this on the Switch. Wargaming games are widely known, and I doubt any of them would do bad on the Nintendo Switch, the numbers are there for there it to be a worthy endeavor. Many big F2P games do great on the Switch such as Warframe and Fortnut but the issue is there just aren't that many good F2P games on the Switch. I for one am dying for games like this on the Switch, but nobody is releasing any. Bolstering the average player base by adding the Switch to the mix of the console version of the game would definitely not hurt Wargaming.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,615 battles
On 11/3/2019 at 1:46 AM, Ahyote said:

Apparently Nintendo has been doing very well with the Switch … and they seem to have a lock on younger gamers which has traditionally been their market

My kids have been playing on it for a few months and I'm kind of amazed at how good it looks - I'll probably have to buy another one when they upgrade the screen, if not sooner just to keep them happy

Tbh though, I just can't see them playing slow mehbotes or putting up with the frustration of wows when they can play Zelda or so many other popular games 

On 11/3/2019 at 2:50 PM, KiyoSenkan said:

Considering what Nintendo did to EA, do you honestly think they're going to accept WoWS as-is with its built in gambling simulator?

Ummm … yeah, this wouldn't be good for Nintendo at all lol - most parents wouldn't put up with it either

Edit: Apparently, developers who want to distribute games on PlayStation Xbox or Switch will be required to disclose drop rates for loot boxes starting next year - this would be a problem for companies heavily dependent on loot boxes          for their revenue like WG 

The industry seems to be trying to clean up its act to get ahead of negative press, scrutiny by the FTC and upcoming legislation - nobody wants to be EA lol

Edited by Commander_367

Members
73 posts
14,231 battles

I would like that very much to see World of Warships Blitz on Nintendo Switch :).

I would have a reason to buy one in that case, i use a tablet to play Blitz on but its not very powerful compared to switch plus the added physical controls would be a plus.

Members
73 posts
14,231 battles
On 11/3/2019 at 1:46 AM, Ahyote said:

This is kinda true also, Nintendo is a big company with a good console its not going down anytime soon.

Members
2 posts
29 battles
On 11/3/2019 at 3:46 AM, Ahyote said:

Tanks blitz got added