You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CriMiNaL__

Reporting People

44 comments in this topic

[RBMK]
Beta Testers
3,806 posts
14,748 battles

I really do not care about karma, but what is it with people reporting you when you are doing your job, I do not mean being reported by your team, but by the red team.

I mean here I am in my Friesland, I hydro a Sims behind a rock, I sneak out slowly letting my smoke cover me, as there was a red BB and CA very close, and as I get out from behind the rock, I blast him, then I finish off the cap, then proceed to put 7 fires on a Sov Soyaz who was hiding behind a rock, I mean I did my job, I capped, killed a DD, spotted, and almost killed a BB, yet people get so buttthurt and report you.

TBH I should of gotten a compliment from the enemy for doing what I did as I put myself in harms way to get that DD, to get the cap, and support our team, so why people do not look at the positives of how a person has played.

I have often complimented a red player for out playing myself and how they have done it, whether it be good torps or a good gun battle, but the number of people who get butthurt over getting outplayed is amazing.

As I said I really do not give a toss about karma, so who else has had an awesome game yet you got reported a lot?

Edited by CriMiNaL__
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[RBMK]
Beta Testers
3,806 posts
14,748 battles
25 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol try playing a CV you are just begging to be reported apparently. :Smile_teethhappy:

I hear you there, last night I had some great cv players on my team and I comped them, they understood their role and did it well.

Edited by CriMiNaL__
  • Cool 1

Members
12,624 posts
14,320 battles
14 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I hear you there, last night I had some great cv players on my team and I comped them, they understood their role and did it well.

Yeah but both enemy and ally alike often will report CVs it seems unfortunately.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,634 posts
16,884 battles

Karma is a measure of how salty people are, not of how well you play. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[B2P]
Members
13,459 posts
40,319 battles
1 hour ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I mean here I am in my Friesland, I hydro a Sims behind a rock, I sneak out slowly letting my smoke cover me, as there was a red BB and CA very close, and as I get out from behind the rock, I blast him, then I finish off the cap, then proceed to put 7 fires on a Sov Soyaz who was hiding behind a rock, I mean I did my job, I capped, killed a DD, spotted, and almost killed a BB, yet people get so buttthurt and report you.

How do you know it was him that reported you? Someone may have simply reported you because they hate Frieslands, or because they don't like a forum comment (I get reports and compliments for forum participation). 

[D-DAY]
Members
7,169 posts
4 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I really do not care about karma, but what is it with people reporting you when you are doing your job, I do not mean being reported by your team, but by the red team.

TBH I should of gotten a compliment from the enemy for doing what I did as I put myself in harms way to get that DD, to get the cap, and support our team, so why people do not look at the positives of how a person has played.

I have often complimented a red player for out playing myself and how they have done it, whether it be good torps or a good gun battle, but the number of people who get butthurt over getting outplayed is amazing.

As I said I really do not give a toss about karma, so who else has had an awesome game yet you got reported a lot?

I believe you are being affected by what you feel is an unjust judgement? Problem is:

1. It might be an honest, non-malicious judgement made by a person and you are 'assuming' why the judgement has been made is malicious. Your assumption as to the reason you got downvoted may be wrong - therefore how do you know 'you have been wrongly downvoted'?

2. It is someone who wishes to down vote you because of a negative/toxic/ignorant reason only they know (a child lashing out so to speak). So if the reason falls into an ignorant reaction what does it matter?

Essentially if someone wants to post an up or downvote who cares? The emphases is on you being happy with what you have done; if you are, what does it matter if one person thinks it's great and another doesn't! If the person engages or discusses after game, then I could make a more informed judgement and go from there, but the karma in game or emotes in forums etc really don't matter. I have no idea regarding my karma in game; on the forum you can't ignore their existence as easily but if you are happy with what you have submitted - what does it matter! When I get notifications on forums I ignore the 'reacted' ones and only view the replies.

If anything I'm as bad as others sometimes, as I will have a chuckle when 'I assume' a person can only give a down emote on forum because they can't support there POV. It might be they just can't be bothered. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,860 posts
29,556 battles

Because like carriers, Smolensk, and a few other ships, you’re playing a ship where many feel the driver deserves every iota of grief they draw?

Don’t have to like it, just deal with it, or don’t play the ship.

[RBMK]
Beta Testers
3,806 posts
14,748 battles
20 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I believe you are being affected by what you feel is an unjust judgement? Problem is:

1. It might be an honest, non-malicious judgement made by a person and you are 'assuming' why the judgement has been made is malicious. Your assumption as to the reason you got downvoted may be wrong - therefore how do you know 'you have been wrongly downvoted'?

2. It is someone who wishes to down vote you because of a negative/toxic/ignorant reason only they know (a child lashing out so to speak). So if the reason falls into an ignorant reaction what does it matter?

Essentially if someone wants to post an up or downvote who cares? The emphases is on you being happy with what you have done; if you are, what does it matter if one person thinks it's great and another doesn't! If the person engages or discusses after game, then I could make a more informed judgement and go from there, but the karma in game or emotes in forums etc really don't matter. I have no idea regarding my karma in game; on the forum you can't ignore their existence as easily but if you are happy with what you have submitted - what does it matter! When I get notifications on forums I ignore the 'reacted' ones and only view the replies.

If anything I'm as bad as others sometimes, as I will have a chuckle when 'I assume' a person can only give a down emote on forum because they can't support there POV. It might be they just can't be bothered. :Smile_teethhappy:

3 hours ago, Taichunger said:

How do you know it was him that reported you? Someone may have simply reported you because they hate Frieslands, or because they don't like a forum comment (I get reports and compliments for forum participation). 

4 hours ago, pikohan said:

Karma is a measure of how salty people are, not of how well you play. 

I guess reading is OP, if you had bothered to read the last line there was a question to which none of you seemd to understand, I was merely pointing out the situation of why I got reported

• Funny 1

[B2P]
Members
13,459 posts
40,319 battles
Just now, CriMiNaL__ said:

I guess reading is OP, if you had bothered to read the last line there was a question to which none of you seemd to understand, I was merely pointing out the situation of why I got reported

Haha. But you don't even know why you got reported. LOL. Did the person who reported you come in after the game and tell you? 

• Funny 1

[RBMK]
Beta Testers
3,806 posts
14,748 battles
1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

Haha. But you don't even know why you got reported. LOL. Did the person who reported you come in after the game and tell you? 

Did you bother to read the question?  I guess not.

Stop worrying about who reported, as it does not matter, again are you capable of reading and understanding, because so far your not doing a good job at it.

• Boring 1

[B2P]
Members
13,459 posts
40,319 battles
1 minute ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

The question is not relevant to my comment.

1 minute ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Stop worrying about who reported, as it does not matter, again are you capable of reading and understanding, because so far your not doing a good job at it.

Yes, it was silly of me to ask you to consider alternatives. 

[D-DAY]
Members
7,169 posts
4 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I read your post, I just took into account your last statement was not true:

"As I said I really do not give a toss about karma, so who else has had an awesome game yet you got reported a lot?"

If you don't give a toss about what happened then why bring it to the forums and then ask others to comment about something you don't give a toss about? :Smile_amazed: I refrained from using the facepalm emote, but your attack on those that made a valid point seems a little unwarranted - but your prerogative I guess! :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[RBMK]
Beta Testers
3,806 posts
14,748 battles
3 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I read your post, I just took into account your last statement was not true:

"As I said I really do not give a toss about karma, so who else has had an awesome game yet you got reported a lot?"

If you don't give a toss about what happened then why bring it to the forums and then ask others to comment about something you don't give a toss about? :Smile_amazed: I refrained from using the facepalm emote, but your attack on those that made a valid point seems a little unwarranted - but your prerogative I guess! :Smile_honoring:

So I guess then none of you have awesome games, go figure

[WPORT]
Members
11,686 posts
15,996 battles
4 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Personally, it is always a pleasure when this happens, to me or someone else.  (Especially, given how rarely it happens.)
Good on'ya.  :-)

[CO-OP]
Members
2,728 posts
30,167 battles

You get reported for

1 having a good game

2 having a bad game

3 shooting too many rounds

4 not shooting enough rounds

5 kill securing

6 not kill securing

7 doing what somebody requested

8 not doing what somebody requested

9 telling the wannabe admiral of the fleet to take a running jump off a very short pier

etc.

No logic to it, if it upsets you ignore it.

[WPORT]
Members
11,686 posts
15,996 battles
2 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

For me, an "awesome" game includes people working together and playing well (on same team or as "worthy adversaries") and making great memories of an enjoyable match.
The "got reported" or lots of toxic chat sort of downgrades the game from being "awesome" to being something like "I survived a toxic chat environment and/or poor sportsmanship environment" situation.
:cap_popcorn:

[RBMK]
Beta Testers
3,806 posts
14,748 battles
Just now, Wolfswetpaws said:

For me, an "awesome" game includes people working together and playing well (on same team or as "worthy adversaries") and making great memories of an enjoyable match.
The "got reported" or lots of toxic chat sort of downgrades the game from being "awesome" to being something like "I survived a toxic chat environment and/or poor sportsmanship environment" situation.
:cap_popcorn:

I think the funniest game I had with karma points, where I had 0 to start with, at the end of the match I saw I was complimented 4 times, yes I know, very rare, so I checked the number total to see I had only 1, so a great game was had, but others were not to happy.

[SYN]
Members
1,427 posts
11,334 battles
5 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

else has had an awesome game yet you got reported a lot?

I was reported yesterday for a pretty good game in Hsienyang. (my first PvP game in her.) I killed a pumpkin in a German BB. I helped clear c cap on North.  Our team in the west was rolled.  

Out yugumo was out of position most of the game. Our Soyuz turned pink. New Orleans was arguing with Clint in chat. 

It was a salty af team.

IDK. Moreover, I don't even care. 

Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
36 minutes ago, Taichunger said:
38 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

The question is not relevant to my comment.

Yes, it was silly of me to ask you to consider alternatives

Beginning to see why OP may have been reported... :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,169 posts
28 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

And you accuse others of not reading? I can't see that I've put anything about having or not having awesome games - please refer to the sections I did that.

What I did write about was people having a "negative/toxic/ignorant reason only they know (a child lashing out so to speak)." reaction; this is very well represented by the way you seem to be reacting to comments made on this thread.

It now leads me to ask, if you feel it is right to have a childish reaction to someone's post, that had no toxicity to it at all - why do you have such an issue with someone doing the same in game? (Oh, sorry according to you, you don't care about it - you just brought it to the forums to hear about other's experiences of something you don't care about).

If you're peeved at something and want to bring it to the forums then fine, but don't dress it up as something else my friend, and don't have a go at others when it is so easy to see that is the case. :Smile_honoring:

[RBMK]
Beta Testers
3,806 posts
14,748 battles
19 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

And you accuse others of not reading? I can't see that I've put anything about having or not having awesome games - please refer to the sections I did that.

What I did write about was people having a "negative/toxic/ignorant reason only they know (a child lashing out so to speak)." reaction; this is very well represented by the way you seem to be reacting to comments made on this thread.

It now leads me to ask, if you feel it is right to have a childish reaction to someone's post, that had no toxicity to it at all - why do you have such an issue with someone doing the same in game? (Oh, sorry according to you, you don't care about it - you just brought it to the forums to hear about other's experiences of something you don't care about).

If you're peeved at something and want to bring it to the forums then fine, but don't dress it up as something else my friend, and don't have a go at others when it is so easy to see that is the case. :Smile_honoring:

I just cannot beleive you cant answer a question without the physco babble, I was never peeved but it seems your making something more than it is, reading is OP for you I guess, and I can bring what I like to the forums if it is game related, but answering a simple question must be beyond you, as others can.