Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Autumn season #2 PTS Just unrealistic ( Still fun though )

13 comments in this topic

[GOB]
[GOB]
Members
2,368 posts

Had the day off , playing PTS and the requirements would be ok if it were the live server.  It's a testing server and I get that and they dangle goodies to make it worth it to play there and report. This one is just crazy though. 

Play 20 battles random   T8 >   With the slow loads this takes a while but ok...........

Earn 30K XP   Ok I did that.

Cause 1.5 MILLION HP Damage with Main Battery ..... ummm really??

Cause 750K HP Damage with torps or CV planes.

Sounds doable right???  Long grind but possible right???

Well unless ALL DAY you have been seeing THIS in Randoms.  1V1 2V2  3V3

It would take a month.  This has been the entire day and up till 8pm  NA/PST

Maybe lower it next time?  Grinding on the test server should really not be a thing. I even lost focus of why I was supposed to be there.  But I did keep notes.... I'm old after all.

Col Out

Untisxdgfhnsftled.png

• Boring 1

[SQUAD]
Members
9,172 posts
11,680 battles

I'm curious, for some odd reason, which I know is both dangerous and stupid. However, I'm gonna ask: With all the complaining you do on the forums, how do you find the time to play even on the PTS, let alone the live server?

You complain about the following, constantly: Wargaming itself, the live server, the test server, all ship lines from all nations, all game modes, all events, pretty much all players, the forums, the other forumites, guns, torpedoes, planes, armor, anything with the word "premium" in it.  I could go on, but I won't. But I could.

I'm compelled to ask, again, this question: If you so dislike so much about the game, the company behind it, and your fellow players, why in the name of R N Gesus are you here? If I had even a fraction of the issues with WG and/or its products you say you do, I'd have uninstalled and found a new calling years ago*.

(*This would have saved me a considerable amount of money, so the joke right there, it's on me, yo.)

• Funny 1

[DVYJC]
Members
3,557 posts
8,114 battles

Mostly that is because this is the second test weekend. The first weekend was a lot fuller. Play battleships and DDs at Tier X. If you are in a Shimakaze in a 2 v 2 match versus a Kremlin, you still have more than 100k potential torpedo damage even though the game is only four people. 

Members
1,072 posts
2 hours ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

I'm curious, for some odd reason, which I know is both dangerous and stupid. However, I'm gonna ask: With all the complaining you do on the forums, how do you find the time to play even on the PTS, let alone the live server?

You complain about the following, constantly: Wargaming itself, the live server, the test server, all ship lines from all nations, all game modes, all events, pretty much all players, the forums, the other forumites, guns, torpedoes, planes, armor, anything with the word "premium" in it.  I could go on, but I won't. But I could.

I'm compelled to ask, again, this question: If you so dislike so much about the game, the company behind it, and your fellow players, why in the name of R N Gesus are you here? If I had even a fraction of the issues with WG and/or its products you say you do, I'd have uninstalled and found a new calling years ago*.

(*This would have saved me a considerable amount of money, so the joke right there, it's on me, yo.)

I wonder these exact things about many of the most complaining and yes, whiny, denizens of the forums on a regular basis...

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,932 posts

I did it in two session over 2 nights.  I don't remember the exact time it took me but it wasn't all that bad.

I just turn the TV on to have something to watch between game loads, (I never play with the game sound on), decide I am going to do something and do it.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,577 posts
15,643 battles

The OP has one valid point. I do wish they would fill randoms and ranked with bots in the PTS. 

Beta Testers
948 posts
3,958 battles
52 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The OP has one valid point. I do wish they would fill randoms and ranked with bots in the PTS. 

They had this for randoms on prior test, I don't understand the change. 

The damage numbers are also way too high vs. number of games. What is the point?

[ARGSY]
Members
21,577 posts
15,643 battles
2 minutes ago, BlackAngelCom said:

The damage numbers are also way too high vs. number of games.

The requirements are all minima, and IIRC they are also separate from each other. You are not restricted to doing it in 20 battles; you just have to play at least 20 battles.

Remember that a unicum can easily farm 200K damage in a good battle, and sometimes even higher; the number of battles requirement is to bring them down to the level of us ordinary folks.

Beta Testers
948 posts
3,958 battles
12 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The requirements are all minima, and IIRC they are also separate from each other. You are not restricted to doing it in 20 battles; you just have to play at least 20 battles.

Remember that a unicum can easily farm 200K damage in a good battle, and sometimes even higher; the number of battles requirement is to bring them down to the level of us ordinary folks.

Yes one takes 2-3 good damage dealing ships and alternates if sunk early, I get it just fine. 

But doing that in randoms long after 20 games is met...why? What's WG want? Most of the Italian ships don't even count and playing the Tier VIII with this population is masochistic and ineffective. 

The only thing that is being "tested" is that Kremlin remains massively overpopulated and overpowered at Tier X.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,577 posts
15,643 battles
20 minutes ago, BlackAngelCom said:

Most of the Italian ships don't even count and playing the Tier VIII with this population is masochistic and ineffective. 

Then play other ships. What are you tying yourself down to the Italians for?

[DVYJC]
Members
3,557 posts
8,114 battles
2 hours ago, BlackAngelCom said:

The only thing that is being "tested" is that Kremlin remains massively overpopulated and overpowered at Tier X.

This was just smart responses to the incentive. I think Kremlin has more HP than any other ship. Driving a Tier X battleship into a PTS random guarantees there will be a Tier X battleship on the other side. Grinding 1.5 million main battery damage is way easier when there's a bunch of 100k-HP pinatas on the other side.

Sign in to follow this