Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
aardvark7734

Shchors gets buff - Stalinium Phase Torpedoes

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

70
[WOLFC]
Members
174 posts
16,725 battles

No longer concerned with intervening solid matter, these new torpedoes pass right through land masses without difficulty.

Proof? See this replay, around the 16 minute mark.

20191102_115751_PJSC009-Mogami-1935_44_Path_warrior.wowsreplay

Screenshot for those too energy constrained to view the replay:

Perforate.thumb.jpg.fd45bc5d05340a419f10e3ce99fb2766.jpg

  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,976
[HINON]
Members
13,739 posts

It's been a bug that pops up every so often. It's a graphical glitch that causes the torp to still appear to keep going even when the server has registered that they are done. These torps will sail on off map and don't actually hit anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,580
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,304 posts
6,266 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

It's been a bug that pops up every so often. It's a graphical glitch that causes the torp to still appear to keep going even when the server has registered that they are done. These torps will sail on off map and don't actually hit anything.

Yeah you can get the same thing to happen with shells if they hit the top of an island juuuuust right. Annoying as heck, but at least it helps me keep my aim on target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,527
[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,450 posts
4,200 battles
1 hour ago, aardvark7734 said:

No longer concerned with intervening solid matter, these new torpedoes pass right through land masses without difficulty.

Proof? See this replay, around the 16 minute mark.

20191102_115751_PJSC009-Mogami-1935_44_Path_warrior.wowsreplay

Screenshot for those too energy constrained to view the replay:

Perforate.thumb.jpg.fd45bc5d05340a419f10e3ce99fb2766.jpg

Your surprised because? We're talking about a game with island penetrating radar.

Also, true stalinium torpedoes remove island from map completely.

 

 

As others have said, it's a bug, the torps don't exist, but the visual rendering system hasn't figured that out. So they'll just keep on chugging, going through everything, islands, ships, map border, without detonating. Still a little disconcerting to see torps appear when they shouldn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108
[VN]
Members
240 posts
6,256 battles

It's a hell of a bug.
I had a bot CV's planes drop torpedoes on an island and the torpedoes came out of a cliff and blasted me...
That was months ago before the CV rework happened.
Once I realized it had happened a first time, I noticed it on occasion after that.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,222
[CVA16]
Members
5,681 posts
17,555 battles
On 11/2/2019 at 8:57 PM, AJTP89 said:

As others have said, it's a bug, the torps don't exist, but the visual rendering system hasn't figured that out. So they'll just keep on chugging, going through everything, islands, ships, map border, without detonating. Still a little disconcerting to see torps appear when they shouldn't.

Are you sure they can't hit anything? (didn't hit the island so you may be right) I do notice the torpedo warning icon still shows so the game must be registering them as threats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,527
[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,450 posts
4,200 battles
3 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Are you sure they can't hit anything? (didn't hit the island so you may be right) I do notice the torpedo warning icon still shows so the game must be registering them as threats.

Yup, I've had them sail right through my ship. And yes, the torp warning does go off. Startling, but harmless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×