Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WES_HoundDog

Sinop ?

13 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
28,123 posts
24,479 battles

About 450mm of armor to punch through the Citadel.

c4WkF61.jpg

On 11/3/2019 at 12:23 AM, Landsraad said:

Below the waterline. She has 450mm below the waterline. Remember guys, this is SINOP we're talking about. The ship with the undisputed worst "turtleback" armor in the game. Once you get above the waterline it's only 350mm that you need to punch through. Or at the very least it's a FLAT 450mm above the waterline. Because, again, Russian battleships have Stalinium armor on the front and tissue paper on the sides.

Yes, that too.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
7 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Guud bote.

This ^. Face tanking 3x t8s and winning never felt so easy. Its a t7 musashi.

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,304 posts
6,266 battles
3 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Below the waterline. She has 450mm below the waterline. Remember guys, this is SINOP we're talking about. The ship with the undisputed worst "turtleback" armor in the game. Once you get above the waterline it's only 350mm that you need to punch through. Or at the very least it's a FLAT 450mm above the waterline. Because, again, Russian battleships have Stalinium armor on the front and tissue paper on the sides.

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
14,496 battles
8 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

c4WkF61.jpg

Sinop!  A horrible name for a vessel of war.  The name sounds like a condition or ailment that needs the attention of an Ear, Nose and Throat surgeon... " oh, I see your'e a bit peckish, with the phlegm, the cough and the hackin'.  'Oh', sez I, ' It's the Sinop I have, but I'll be takin' a visit to the surgeon to have a look so I will'.

Sinop...worst name for a fightin' ship...

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,305 posts
6,093 battles
19 hours ago, Sinton said:

Sinop!  A horrible name for a vessel of war.  The name sounds like a condition or ailment that needs the attention of an Ear, Nose and Throat surgeon... " oh, I see your'e a bit peckish, with the phlegm, the cough and the hackin'.  'Oh', sez I, ' It's the Sinop I have, but I'll be takin' a visit to the surgeon to have a look so I will'.

Checked, Sinop is a Turkish town, a port... Vessel was named after the Battle of Sinope during the First Crimea War, a Russian victory.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,123 posts
24,479 battles
2 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Yeah... just keep in mind CV players LOVE the Sinop too.

CVs are their Achilles' Heel.  Only Kremlin with her ridiculous AA can somewhat defend herself, every other RU BB is vulnerable to air attacks.

Almost all RU BBs:

- All but Kremlin have trash AA.

- Vulnerable to AP Dive Bombers and eat Citadels from them for days.

- Awful TDS values (Kremlin again being the exception).

- To compound the previous three points to be even worse, a good number of RU BBs have ridiculously long hulls.  More real estate for bombers to hit, especially Torpedo Bombers.

IJN CVs with their stronger Torpedo Damage and standard access to AP Dive Bombers tick all those marks to counter RU BBs.  Enterprise fits the bill perfectly also.  Big-E also has arguably the best AP Dive Bomber attack in the game, even to the point that Hakuryu will take notice, so they can do a good number on RU BBs.  The fancy RU BB DCP gimmick doesn't matter to CVs landing AP Bomber Citadel hits and Torpedo alpha.

It's funny.  People have grown to hate dealing with Mogador, Kleber, RU BBs, but the best counter to those ships are another ship type they whine about:  Carriers :Smile_trollface:

It just seems all amusing to me.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[ALLY]
Members
331 posts
19,389 battles
22 hours ago, Sinton said:

Sinton,

Are you a Dire Straits fan.  While you were doing your doctor imitation all I could think about is the song "Industrial Disease":

You've got Smoker's cough from smoking

Brewer's Droop from drinking beer

I don't know how you came to get those Betty Davis Knees

but worst of all young man, you've got INDUSTRIAL DISEASE!

Hopefully others will see the similarity.  Love the ship, name is no worse than some others in the game.

C130 signing out

Sign in to follow this