Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MasterDiggs

Thunderer vs Georgia

10 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
1,094 posts
9,419 battles

Does anyone have both Thunderer and Georgia for comparison? Thunderer looks better because I think it sounds more accurate and has more barrels, but can anyone say how they feel?

Can Thunderer play at mid range if I pay attention to my positioning? I know it's a bit squishy but Alsace and Jean Bart have a thin and easily farmed outer layer and I am fine with them. How does Thunderer's tankiness compare to them?

I am trying to decide on which one to get because I will probably only be able to get one of them because I bought Smolensk first. I have a Missouri so I don't care about credit income. I also have plenty of T9s and T10s. I don't have Conqueror yet so I wouldn't have 'a duplicate' (I am currently at Lion). 

I am am trying to get a sense of what is more enjoyable between Thunderer and Georgia. Thanks for your thoughts.

• Cool 2

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,176 posts
5,476 battles

I would hardly count Thunderer as a duplicate Conq, unless you used the 457s heavily on Conqueror. Even then, there are still heavy differences. 

It depends on what you are after. Both are VERY solid choices. Thunderer is a very strong tier 10 ship, and Georgia has enough gimmicks to almost be called overkill. Georgia has so much on its plate with the speed boost, best in game (?) alpha, cruiser dispersion, 30 second repair party, and secondaries... but Thunderers reload and gunnery capabilities are equally phenomenal. 

I would say it depends on if you want a good for-funsies ship or a solid performer. If that PVE clan tag means you are a fan of co-op, then Georgia would be my pick hands down!

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
4,651 posts

I'm increasingly leery of the new ships with oversized guns WG keeps turning out.   They don't get the same advantages as Yamato's guns;  and in a world of increasing numbers of paper thin hulled ships (which seem to be all anyone wants to play at these tiers), the constant overpens you get with standard caliber BB guns becomes even more maddening.    And because the glacial turret traverse that comes with them is really annoying in the fast paced close range environs of pve.

I have Georgia, and everything _BBaby said is true.   It just makes me yell "OH FFS!!!!"  too often for my liking.   It's definitely a beast in a brawl- or if you're trying to attack it with a CV, :cap_rambo::cap_like:

Which has caused me to place Thunderer and Ohio at the bottom of the list of gotta get resource ships.   YMMV, of course.

• Cool 1

[GRAVE]
Members
1,365 posts
19,536 battles

Georgia: various options for captain skills, can go usual US BB captain skills or go full secondary and both work. Will make more credits than Thunderer (but you have Missouri, so credit making and T9 US BB premium isn't really in need)

Thunderer: very accurate, great HE and AP, loses superheal but still gets a good heal (heals 33% citadel damage, and .6%hp/sec), solid pick for competitive purposes, makes more credits than T10 tech tree ships due to a baked in 50% service cost reduction, but will make less than a T9 premium.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,515 posts
27,504 battles
1 hour ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

I'm increasingly leery of the new ships with oversized guns WG keeps turning out.   They don't get the same advantages as Yamato's guns;  and in a world of increasing numbers of paper thin hulled ships (which seem to be all anyone wants to play at these tiers), the constant overpens you get with standard caliber BB guns becomes even more maddening.    And because the glacial turret traverse that comes with them is really annoying in the fast paced close range environs of pve.

I have Georgia, and everything _BBaby said is true.   It just makes me yell "OH FFS!!!!"  too often for my liking.   It's definitely a beast in a brawl- or if you're trying to attack it with a CV, :cap_rambo::cap_like:

Which has caused me to place Thunderer and Ohio at the bottom of the list of gotta get resource ships.   YMMV, of course.

Well, for what it's worth, if you're having a run of bad luck with overpens in the Thunderer, it still has that strong RN BB HE going for it.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,038 posts
10,529 battles
3 hours ago, MasterDiggs said:

Does anyone have both Thunderer and Georgia for comparison? Thunderer looks better because I think it sounds more accurate and has more barrels, but can anyone say how they feel?

Can Thunderer play at mid range if I pay attention to my positioning? I know it's a bit squishy but Alsace and Jean Bart have a thin and easily farmed outer layer and I am fine with them. How does Thunderer's tankiness compare to them?

I am trying to decide on which one to get because I will probably only be able to get one of them because I bought Smolensk first. I have a Missouri so I don't care about credit income. I also have plenty of T9s and T10s. I don't have Conqueror yet so I wouldn't have 'a duplicate' (I am currently at Lion). 

I am am trying to get a sense of what is more enjoyable between Thunderer and Georgia. Thanks for your thoughts.

Thunderer is a fire starting (63% without buffs) long distance sniper - its OK for tankiness but I stay well back from 20+K.  I avoid getting close with it as its just too squishy for me.  Fast (ish) reload helps.

Georgia is a middle range AP grinder that can be secondary spec'd  like a Mass.  That speed is useful.

2 different playstyles - I like them both  - but definatley 2 different approaches to things.

[PVE]
Members
1,094 posts
9,419 battles

Thanks everyone

On 11/2/2019 at 12:45 PM, _BBaby said:

If that PVE clan tag means you are a fan of co-op, then Georgia would be my pick hands down!

I play both. For this ship I am looking for PVP.

Edited by MasterDiggs

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,115 posts
4,173 battles

Another consideration, of course, is that Thunderer's stats could change as she is in that "special ship" category rather than as a premium, so Georgia isn't going to change but Thunderer could if they feel she is overperforming.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
1,004 posts
35,331 battles

I have both, and as others have stated they are two different ships. Thunderer needs distance, and Georgia with secondary build can be very good at midrange. Ga is still not a brawler in the GK sense, but has decent secondary guns. Georgia really shines when you use her speed and cover the flank, where Thunderer with the range can stand back and just light em up.

I prefer Thunderer's main guns, but again they are both pretty fun to use. 

Sign in to follow this