You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Need this explained.. Captain question.

10 comments in this topic

[GOB]
[GOB]
Members
2,401 posts

EDIT UPDATE:

OK It's time for bed. MY BAD!!!!   He was from the T7 DD not the T8   I found the T8 guys.  Sorry for the mix-up

I had a 10pnt captain I wasn't doing anything with ,  Won her when I first got here because I signed up for everything but didn't know what I was going to win.  Well I just can't user her...  I got her to 12pnts but that squeaky voice just kills me. Lived in Japan for a few years and didn't get it then either. 

So to my question.  I took the 8 pointer out of the ship  to put her in , so I just went to the reserve to put him BACK in his ship and he has to be RETRAINED?? For 500 Dubs??  Same country , it's the SAME ship he came in originally and hasn't been in anything else so why does he have to be retrained to go BACK to where he was?    It's the T8 Kagero and he's the original Capt that came with her.

Any Help?

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Confused 2

Supertester
4,153 posts
4,643 battles

Captains can only be trained for a single tech tree ship. If you retrain it to another ship and want to put it back to the original ship, you need to retrain it back.

[GOB]
[GOB]
Members
2,401 posts
40 minutes ago, Noshiro_ said:

Captains can only be trained for a single tech tree ship. If you retrain it to another ship and want to put it back to the original ship, you need to retrain it back.

He went straight from that ship to the reserve.  I was just trying to put him back. He's never been in anything but that ship.

Edited by Col_Nasty

[CYNIC]
Members
2,827 posts
7,043 battles
13 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

He went straight from that ship to the reserve.  I was just trying to put him back. He's never been in anything but that ship.

Shouldn't be an issue -- I have several captains on TT ships -- They spend time in premiums, but I can swap any of them back to the gearing...  One is more torp focused, another more gun focused, and yet another on fleet protection.  So 3 captains tied to Gearing and all can be swapped back and forth, on many occasions from the reserve. 

[GOB]
[GOB]
Members
2,401 posts
4 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

Shouldn't be an issue -- I have several captains on TT ships -- They spend time in premiums, but I can swap any of them back to the gearing...  One is more torp focused, another more gun focused, and yet another on fleet protection.  So 3 captains tied to Gearing and all can be swapped back and forth, on many occasions from the reserve. 

This is exactly how I understood that it should work.   He was in from the time I got the ship... Had him up to 8 , put him in reserve and used her....tried to put him back and it's 500 Dubs to " Retrain" him for the ship he was on in the first place.  

[CYNIC]
Members
2,827 posts
7,043 battles
6 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

This is exactly how I understood that it should work.   He was in from the time I got the ship... Had him up to 8 , put him in reserve and used her....tried to put him back and it's 500 Dubs to " Retrain" him for the ship he was on in the first place.  

What's it say on cap'n profile? 

image.png.4d310abdcb88ada29c78e2fb2b2b6774.png

Edited by NoSoMo

[PVE]
Members
6,953 posts
22,728 battles
5 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Maybe you have the wrong 8 point commander...what ship does it say he is assigned to?

Ninja'd

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[GOB]
[GOB]
Members
2,401 posts
9 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Maybe you have the wrong 8 point commander...what ship does it say he is assigned to?

OK It's time for bed. MY BAD!!!!   He was from the T7 DD not the T8   I found the T8 guys.  Sorry for the mix-up

[PVE]
Members
6,953 posts
22,728 battles
18 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

tried to put him back and it's 500 Dubs to " Retrain" him for the ship he was on in the first place.  

500 doubs is just 1 (of 3/4) options to retrain w/out grinding.

You can also use either Elite Commander/Free XP (options 3 & 4) or you can start w/option 2 which is spending 200k credits to cut the 3/4 options in half.

For a T8 commander it shouldn't be that expensive to retrain it...not that you should need to if it's originally from the same ship but in general the 500 doubloon option to retrain is for whales & even for whales should never even be considered on an 8 pointer as it's the same 500 doubloons to retrain a 19 point commander as an 8 point commander.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[RAGE]
Members
418 posts
6,644 battles

You can turn off the Japanese voice of the Azur Lane captains. Click the settings button on the right, just above the ship carousel.

azur.jpg

Edited by mumphred