You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kenrod_Melrocity

Explanation?

10 comments in this topic

Members
214 posts
8,576 battles

So I just played a T8-10 match, a loss. Two players were god awful, so bad I checked their stats after the match. One had 1500 random matches with a >70% win rate. The other had over 4k matches with >71% win rate. How does that happen? One of those pay for grind arrangements?

• Boring 2

[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
407 posts
9,444 battles

I think "awful" is a matter of perspective there, and not being able to see what fully happened first-hand or through replay, then nobody that wasn't there can really say anything..

This is relevant because people very much like to complain about people doing things (that are actually logical or for the greater good), but someone else not knowing or just looking over without context will just say they're bad. But yeah, not really much to go off of here to be fair

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,428 posts
4,198 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Even the very best stumble on occasion.

This. I'm a slightly above average player. But there are still games when I play like it's my first game.

They also could have just been fooling around for some reason. Don't judge people on one game, if they have 70%+ WR they know what they're doing. (Or they're seal clubbing).

• Cool 2

[55UP]
Members
407 posts
3,247 battles

Also, with various events and missions, a given player might have objectives that aren’t readily apparent. They may not care if they win or lose as long as they draw closer to that personal objective. 

• Cool 1

Members
214 posts
8,576 battles

Well, thinking about it more it is Friday night and I am drinking now myself....

Not too often I see a 70+% win rate, and two on one team. That startled me more than anything....

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

Option 1: Sealclubbers that tried higher tiers

Option 2: They did a play you could not understand, but that was objectively a very good play

Option 3: craphappens, they had a moment of wuuuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuuuu in their brain

[CNO]
Members
6,076 posts
18,551 battles
3 hours ago, Kenrod_Melrocity said:

So I just played a T8-10 match, a loss. Two players were god awful, so bad I checked their stats after the match. One had 1500 random matches with a >70% win rate. The other had over 4k matches with >71% win rate. How does that happen? One of those pay for grind arrangements?

Just for grins, two unicums decided to let their significant other play a game.