You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rabbitt81

Teams that don't know what the W key is for and avoid capping

53 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
15,861 battles

*match starts, I'm in Prinz Eugen

I will follow our DDs into cap and support them.

I will cover the middle with hydro and hopefully cap when I get a chance.

*3 minutes later, still fighting for my life in middle

Why am I drawing so much fire, where is the rest of our team?

*looks at mini-map - all BBs are still at spawn trying to snipe along with the other cruisers

Are you kidding me?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What utterly confuses me is having an entire team that refuses or even understands why it's important to cap.

I have lost countless matches that were already decided due to players letting the red team cap and flank around them while they try to snipe.

Even if I have little support, I still try to contest or win a cap.

When the whole team sits at spawn trying to snipe it just blows my mind why they won't move up to at least try to cap and support other players at the cap.

I notice this happening at every tier but is most noticeable tier 7 and up.

Sometimes I wonder how a player can get that far into the game and still not figure out that winning caps wins matches.

The attached pic is a perfect example of a match that was lost because nobody moved up to cap other than a couple ships. (no, I'm not naming and shaming. I'm sure every player was performing to the best of his/her/apache helicopter's best abilities.)

What causes teams to play this way?

Edited by lochlan_
language and violation of other players' privacy
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 3

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
15,861 battles
6 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

What?

First of all, capping doesnt win games, in fact, it loses games. Caps are the result of a winning battle, trying to cap before winning the battle will always lead to defeat

Second of all, dont suicide, pay attention to your surroundings, if your teammates arent in concealment buffer, stop moving up and turn around

Third of all, do not ever expect support in any mode outside of clan wars and KoTS

First, second, and third of all, in the attached pic the match was lost because the red team won by points.

As you can see, teams were even other than my team not moving out of spawn thus giving the red team all of the caps.

Edited by Rabbitt81
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,173 battles
17 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Just report them in a ticket for rigging the battle and stop whining about what will not change regardless of how many times you post about it!

• Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
15,861 battles
1 minute ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Just report them in a ticket for rigging the battle and stop whining about what will not change regardless of how many times you post about it!

uhm, I just posted a thread about how reporting players is a waste of time.

You posted a reply in that thread so I know you read it.:Smile_unsure:

• Cool 2

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,396 battles

Meh, at least at the time of your screencap that game looks fairly close. You might be down a cap, but you're up in points, even in ships, and perhaps even up in health. The Aki and the two BBs at A could easily push the Bisko out of B and the caps would be tied too. 

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
15,861 battles
Just now, DolphinPrincess said:

And what gives points exactly?

A cap gives a +3 tick, a kill is a -40/+60 for a net 100 point difference.

Oh wow, ok. You are saying that caps aren't important.

So what about a situation where the red team has a DD left and the green team has say, 3 BBs and there's time on the clock to cap?

All that DD would have to do is go around capping and if the enemy team has not capped then guess what? Match over for them.

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,494 battles
8 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

What?

First of all, capping doesnt win games, in fact, it loses games. Caps are the result of a winning battle, trying to cap before winning the battle will always lead to defeat

Second of all, dont suicide, pay attention to your surroundings, if your teammates arent in concealment buffer, stop moving up and turn around

Third of all, do not ever expect support in any mode outside of clan wars and KoTS

I disagree to some extent. Capping does win battles, or at least contesting a cap. When the enemy team has all the caps in the first 5 minutes due to only a few team mates contesting chances are you are going to lose. Not always, but mostly. If your team decides to finally make a real push and you have enough time left you might turn it around. Often though not enough time.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
15,861 battles
2 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

3 BB difference: 300 points - DD difference for a net of 240 points

By that time there is no way the DD can make up that difference with cap ticks

The green team will easily win.

I sure wish it worked that way then I wouldn't have made this post.

Depends upon time on clock. In the example pic above, all the DD would have to do is run and let the points build up.

Edited by Rabbitt81

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
16 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

First, second, and third of all, in the attached pic the match was lost because the red team won by points.

As you can see, teams were even other than my team not moving out of cap thus giving the red team all of the caps.

Pay no mind to Dolphin she always talks that nonsense. I cannot even count how many games I have seen lost because the enemy team takes all the caps then just sit back while the points roll in laughing at all the  "snipers" on the enemy team as they miss shot after shot from 25km away.

Cap control is important.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
14 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

And what gives points exactly?

A cap gives a +3 tick, a kill is a -40/+60 for a net 100 point difference.

If you can make a kill then you are correct but that is an if and caps are a sure earner.

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
15,861 battles
1 minute ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Please...... Look, I stat shame a lot of players, and I really dont want to have to constantly resort to stat shaming to get a point across.

Caps dont win games, thats how the game works, I dont know how else to break this to you. 

The facts are right there, kills lead to huge net gains in points that caps will never be able to compensate for. A team that goes for kills will not always, but be very likely to win over a team that goes for caps.

Understanding these things is how unicums are, well, unicums. Every game is coded in numbers, knowing say, Yamato over matching 32mm of armor everytime helps us because knowledge is a powerful tool. Caps is no different from this, the points simply dont offset the kills.

If they ever buff the caps to be +5 or +6 per tick, then it would be arguable but as of now caps are irrelevant in randoms compared to kills.

I have a 70% win rate solo and won many competitive games, I know what I am talking about, have some trust in the top players of the game, please.

yeah a 70% win rate in an obvious re-roll account...:Smile_veryhappy:

But thanks for the passive-agressive I'm-better-than-you so-listen-to-me real talk.

Teams should never avoid caps. Pushing a cap can lead to flanking opportunities but again, like you said, you know that.

• Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
15,861 battles
7 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Unlike Rabbit, who tries to make an argument, you do not deserve any empathy for your statement

image.thumb.png.db85e2cb408b059b2bec02938d33cbf9.png

51% win rate is what you get for going after caps

Quite a difference from 70% win rate by going after kills dont you think?

The results speak for themselves.

Let's use the attached pic for another example.

Notice the right flank? All ships hiding behind the island trying to snipe are full health or nearly full HP.

Imagine if they had pushed all together towards the cap in mid with only a half HP Bismarck to stop them. Huge flanking opportunity was lost there.

Capping wins matches.

2019-11-01.png

Edited by Rabbitt81

[WOLF3]
Members
141 posts
13,827 battles
27 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Just curious, your response to many posts seems to be creating a support ticket.  Do you get some commission for this? :cap_like:

I yield to the purple experts, but I agree that you can take the caps later once you have removed the reds.  20 minutes is a long time.

Members
4,500 posts
20,688 battles
51 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

*match starts, I'm in Prinz Eugen

I will follow our DDs into cap and support them.

I will cover the middle with hydro and hopefully cap when I get a chance.

*3 minutes later, still fighting for my life in middle

Why am I drawing so much fire, where is the rest of our team?

*looks at mini-map - all BBs are still at spawn trying to snipe along with the other cruisers

Are you $#@!!@# kidding me?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What utterly confuses me is having an entire team that refuses or even understands why it's important to cap.

I have lost countless matches that were already decided due to players letting the red team cap and flank around them while they try to snipe.

Even if I have little support, I still try to contest or win a cap.

When the whole team just sits at or on spawn trying to snipe it just blows my mind why they won't move up to at least try to cap and support other players at the cap.

I notice this happening at every tier but is most noticeable tier 7 and up.

Sometimes I wonder how a player can get that far into the game and still not figure out that winning caps wins matches.

The attached pic is a perfect example of a match that was lost because nobody moved up to cap other than a couple ships. (no, I'm not naming and shaming. I'm sure every player was performing to the best of his/her/apache helicopter's best abilities.)

2019-11-01.png

Duh CVs

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
15,861 battles
Just now, NoLoveForPhatShips said:

Duh CVs

The CV didn't stop the red team from capping though.

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
15,861 battles
1 minute ago, DolphinPrincess said:

the enemy team played better than yours from this point to the end.

Well, yeah, the enemy team moved out of spawn for some reason, not to cap, but for some reason.

Again, not to cap, but for some other reason.:Smile_facepalm:

Members
4,500 posts
20,688 battles
9 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

The CV didn't stop the red team from capping though.

I'm not saying capping can't be done I do it everyday but after a year of being punished by these vultures I can totally understand why some people are traumatized, and want no part of it

Rework turned the whole playerbase on its head,   It's not the same game it was last year or with the same players and a lot of people aren't gonna go near that thing with the all-powerful CV in the game

It's what it is and the game we have now

In fact at any new player actually survives going through the massacre that's going on down at T4  are going to be traumatized for the rest of their gaming career here every time they see one of those griefers

Edited by NoLoveForPhatShips
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
15,861 battles
Just now, DolphinPrincess said:

Why do I have to constantly repeat myself?

Because miss chicken of the sea, being so smart is H-A-R-D work :cap_fainting:

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
15,861 battles
7 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

It doesnt have to be if I didnt have to keep throwing logic at a brick wall.

You asked a question. I give you an answer.

If you cant accept the facts, then continue your way of playing, you do you.

I'm not going to avoid capping nor believe that pushing a cap is worthless.

Edited by Rabbitt81
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,173 battles
36 minutes ago, JER1971 said:

Just curious, your response to many posts seems to be creating a support ticket.  Do you get some commission for this? 

I get nothing. Using support tickets with replays and screen shots to report CHEATING is the proper thing to do. In the instance Rabbitt81 gave the team mates that refused to advance on the enemy were at least committing passive play which is a rules violation and as a worst case intentionally rigging/throwing the battle to the opponents by consciously avoiding combat bringing about the loss.

If one has the time to post screenshots and replays here complaining about how others play then they have time to voice their opinion to those who can and will act upon the reports. 

Rabbitt81 is completely wrong about cheating reports being ignored just because a canned response is received. They do take action beyond what their automated detection systems are stated to do when given the evidence. Also we are not allowed to name offenders here but in a support ticket the offenders names are required and one go into detail about what the offender(s) did as well as demand specific penalties and point out that their automated systems are woefully inadequate to handle the offense being reported.

[WOLF3]
Members
141 posts
13,827 battles
11 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

I get nothing...etc.

I agree with you directing players to create tickets, that is fine.  There are just so may posts and suggestions to create tickets...maybe you should get some compensation.  Coming to the forums to piss and moan will not solve anything.

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
15,861 battles
29 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Rabbitt81 is completely wrong about cheating reports being ignored just because a canned response is received. They do take action beyond what their automated detection systems are stated to do when given the evidence.

We can only guess since it's sekret what happens after the report.

I can only assume the reports are handled in the same way game play suggestions are...

suggestion.jpg

Edited by Rabbitt81

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,173 battles
52 minutes ago, JER1971 said:

Coming to the forums to piss and moan will not solve anything.

Giving sound advice concerning what should/must be done is exactly the opposite of your statement.

• Confused 1

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,173 battles
46 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

We can only guess since it's sekret what happens after the report. 

I can only assume the reports are handled in the same way game play suggestions are...

You sir are one exceptional piece of 

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
2 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Unlike Rabbit, who tries to make an argument, you do not deserve any empathy for your statement

image.thumb.png.db85e2cb408b059b2bec02938d33cbf9.png

51% win rate is what you get for going after caps

Quite a difference from 70% win rate by going after kills dont you think?

The results speak for themselves.

I have played quite a few games on your team and against you. Let's just say you played most unimpressively.