You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Stormbringer924

declining frame rates

16 comments in this topic

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
135 posts
16,976 battles

Has anyone else seen a decline in the frame rates when playing WoW's? While I may not use the biggest and fastest video card it has alway's performed well.

After the last update I have seen a 20% decrease in my frame rate's. I have all the latest driver's and have my setting's dumbed down. Still have sub par frame rate.

Did WoW's do something?

Any info is helpfull.  I have a nvidia Gforce gt 730 4 gig card.

Thanks for your attention.

0 posts

many players have seen a drop in fps since 0.8.9.

I noticed a small improvement with 0.8.9.1(the mini patch)

Also less juddering this week, but still some jerky motion. It is why I am playing less until I can sort it out (driver updates, settings to low - have no effect).

Beta Testers
133 posts
14,111 battles

I haven't seen any changes just due to the game. Recently I've found more rate reduction when I have twitch streaming or other activity in the background. Make sure something graphic-intensive isn't open on another tab somewhere?

[CK5]
Members
1,588 posts
16,305 battles

Yep, my frame rate went from 50 fps to 8 fps after 0.8.9.  Graphics drivers are up to date and tried WGCheck to no effect.  Reducing settings to low across the board got it back up to 25 fps so I can at least play.  Absolutely no other game I have in my library has been affected so suspicion is on WG.  

Edited by PrairiePlayer

[AAA]
Members
816 posts
20,131 battles
1 hour ago, Stormbringer924 said:

Has anyone else seen a decline in the frame rates when playing WoW's? While I may not use the biggest and fastest video card it has alway's performed well.

After the last update I have seen a 20% decrease in my frame rate's. I have all the latest driver's and have my setting's dumbed down. Still have sub par frame rate.

Did WoW's do something?

Any info is helpfull.  I have a nvidia Gforce gt 730 4 gig card.

Thanks for your attention.

38 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Yep, my frame rate went from 50 fps to 8 fps after 0.8.9.  Graphics drivers are up to date and tried WGCheck to no effect.  Reducing settings to low across the board got it back up to 25 fps so I can at least play.  Absolutely no other game I have in my library has been affected so suspicion is on WG.  

Hi guys, the game is very much CPU rather than GPU dependent. So as they add more bells and whistles to the game its going to be harder to maintain frame rates with older computers.

There are a couple of tweaks available such as lowering sound quality and animation of small objects etc, but they may have minimal improvements based on your machine.

I had started the thread below a while back when I was having big drops during game play. A couple of players had suggested various solutions that you can try and see if you have any improvement. Good luck.

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
135 posts
16,976 battles

i was running a steady 34fpm and 28 in zoom view. now I can barely get 24fpm and it bottom's out at 17-19fpm when zoomed. Also when moving around close to island's it drop's to 19fpm until i clear them. my comp has never had a problem before. I upgraded my system last year and have been enjoying the performance until the update's put the kybosh on my gameplay. I do not have anything running in the backround as I have been playing online for year's and know how that affect's gameplay. 

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,709 battles
1 minute ago, Stormbringer924 said:

i was running a steady 34fpm and 28 in zoom view. now I can barely get 24fpm and it bottom's out at 17-19fpm when zoomed. Also when moving around close to island's it drop's to 19fpm until i clear them. my comp has never had a problem before. I upgraded my system last year and have been enjoying the performance until the update's put the kybosh on my gameplay. I do not have anything running in the backround as I have been playing online for year's and know how that affect's gameplay. 

No offense, genuinely curious, what did you upgrade to, that only gave you 34/28 FPS?

[DCMA]
Beta Testers
1,746 posts
23,438 battles

I run an older 660ti card and have no problems at all..in fact using tweaks found here on these forums I set my cap in the config file at 120 ...works well with no probs.

Members
5,789 posts
11,624 battles

I had a GTX 670 that I gave up on 2 years ago when I got a 1080 on sale for $420.  I was struggling to get 30 FPS consistently so the issue is the video card especially with the  upgrades that have done to the graphics the lsst couple of updates.

Edited by CylonRed

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,370 posts
24,715 battles

Lost track of versions; but several ago I went from 70+ fps in medium to mid 30s.  That maintained for quite awhile but now I'm back to the 70s again.  Go figure.

[DCMA]
Beta Testers
1,746 posts
23,438 battles
1 hour ago, Stormbringer924 said:

34 is already not that good and the bare minimum to play effectively. If it gets worse around islands and zoomed in....try changing these settings... in particular the foliage and draw distance 

GRAPHICS.JPG

[GOB]
Members
3,029 posts

NO changes here... 147 180 fps but I'm running on my 32" 2K not the 4K right now.  Using Modstation app set to 320fps

[NSEW]
Members
2,585 posts
12,112 battles

Don't know what it is, but at every Halloween update patches.  The general framerate dropped over the years, consistently.  Then when the event is over, it would revert back to what it was pre-Halloween patch.