You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
The_Last_Frontier

Steam

19 comments in this topic

[RNBC]
Members
163 posts
5,654 battles

Hi

Pretty much since I started playing I been on the WOWS downloaded game. I tried Steam one awhile back but found there was no way to link up my main account on the steam version.

Has this ever been fixed to let older players download the steam version and use their main account log in that way they can get steam achievements and such or is this still not possible to do?

Thanks

Edited by The_Last_Frontier

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,281 posts
19,345 battles

Heyo,

Unfortunately not, the Steam Client and WG account accounts are not compatible in a formal manner.

If you wish to receive achievements that are present on Steam, you would need to create a Steam Account.

Fem, 

[KWF]
Members
6,690 posts
7,321 battles

I find the lack of Steam Achievements to be a small price to pay in order to get the game to run without the need for WGC and via the storefront I have 99% of my games on. Been doing so since November 2017.

If you want to play with your WG account via Steam, here is the new method, as it is after 0.8.9. Just a heads up though, you will be tied to the WG account; that means you won't be able to buy any DLCs or packages via the Steam side of the premium shop.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1890831652

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,585 posts
4,774 battles

I've had a parallel Steam account for quite a while.  Early on there were some benefits to being on Steam, but now there are more options on the WG side.

Massive admission:  WGC is finally behaving itself for me.  I have five accounts to log into now, and WGC is actually a convenience.

• Cool 1

[RNBC]
Members
163 posts
5,654 battles
2 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I've had a parallel Steam account for quite a while.  Early on there were some benefits to being on Steam, but now there are more options on the WG side.

Massive admission:  WGC is finally behaving itself for me.  I have five accounts to log into now, and WGC is actually a convenience.

yeah that's the problem I don't want to grind all over for the tier 10 ships I already have. Makes no sense really why they can't have a link accounts option as there are other games that let you link your steam account and website (Game) account so you can get the achievements. I just don't feel like having multiple accounts. Tried that once as had some friends in Asia and when I was over in Japan for a bit I tried that but was such a pain having all low level ships.

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts
5 minutes ago, The_Last_Frontier said:

yeah that's the problem I don't want to grind all over for the tier 10 ships I already have. Makes no sense really why they can't have a link accounts option as there are other games that let you link your steam account and website (Game) account so you can get the achievements. I just don't feel like having multiple accounts. Tried that once as had some friends in Asia and when I was over in Japan for a bit I tried that but was such a pain having all low level ships.

If the accounts were formally linked WG would lose 35% of the revenue from that account.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,585 posts
4,774 battles
1 hour ago, The_Last_Frontier said:

get steam achievements and such

I don't understand what you think is so great about Steam.  I've got plenty of Steam achievements, but all one has ever given me is a colored icon. The Steam DLCs for WoWS suck.

[RNBC]
Members
163 posts
5,654 battles
23 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I don't understand what you think is so great about Steam.  I've got plenty of Steam achievements, but all one has ever given me is a colored icon. The Steam DLCs for WoWS suck.

That's your personal opinion

Members
273 posts
7,532 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Steam DLCs suck?? You most not be present every summer when the forums are crying at the amazing steam prices for ships. 

Edited by dps_gunner
  • Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,585 posts
4,774 battles

There have been a few.  The "Steam bundles" that were accidentally made available to everyone a couple years ago were outstanding.  There's been nothing like that this year.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
8,298 posts
6,917 battles
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

There have been a few.  The "Steam bundles" that were accidentally made available to everyone a couple years ago were outstanding.  There's been nothing like that this year.

And I wish for such deals to come back... lol. :Smile_hiding:

[RNBC]
Members
163 posts
5,654 battles

Another factor is friends who play on steam. Be much easier if we had easy access to those who started on steam so we can play together. I know I asked about adding steam friends some time back and most the answers I got then were quite complicated if they ever worked at all.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,585 posts
4,774 battles

That's certainly a valid reason.  Sorry there's no way to do it.  (FYI You can go the other way and play a Steam account on a WoWS client.)

[RNBC]
Members
163 posts
5,654 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

That's certainly a valid reason.  Sorry there's no way to do it.  (FYI You can go the other way and play a Steam account on a WoWS client.)

yeah but I already have WOWS account so not wanting to have to start all over in noob ships HA HA

Members
27 posts
117 battles
6 hours ago, The_Last_Frontier said:

Another factor is friends who play on steam. Be much easier if we had easy access to those who started on steam so we can play together. I know I asked about adding steam friends some time back and most the answers I got then were quite complicated if they ever worked at all.

But you can play with Steam friends with your WG Game Center. Just search for their nickname in game and add them as friends in the game (or they can do that for you too on their end), I did and is not that complicated.

Or are you talking about a different matter?  

[RNBC]
Members
163 posts
5,654 battles
5 hours ago, Ruruni said:

But you can play with Steam friends with your WG Game Center. Just search for their nickname in game and add them as friends in the game (or they can do that for you too on their end), I did and is not that complicated.

Or are you talking about a different matter?  

Last time I tried that though it wound not find my friends steam ID. Maybe they changed it since I last tried as even here in the forums they suggested a complicated method.

Members
27 posts
117 battles
12 minutes ago, The_Last_Frontier said:

Last time I tried that though it wound not find my friends steam ID. Maybe they changed it since I last tried as even here in the forums they suggested a complicated method.

Did you ask your friends on Steam what is their nickname in WoWs and what server they are playing at?

Am asking this because as I mentioned above it is easy to search their in-game name from the in-game chat box. Not only I have found my friend but also I was able to find other WoWs Steam players and had a chat in-game with them as I am playing through WG Game Center myself.

[RNBC]
Members
163 posts
5,654 battles
21 minutes ago, Ruruni said:

Did you ask your friends on Steam what is their nickname in WoWs and what server they are playing at?

Am asking this because as I mentioned above it is easy to search their in-game name from the in-game chat box. Not only I have found my friend but also I was able to find other WoWs Steam players and had a chat in-game with them as I am playing through WG Game Center myself.

No that never occurred to me to ask them their Steam ID (that is already in my list) :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1