You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JaysUsedBoatParts

Vanilla optics situation

9 comments in this topic

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,785 posts
11,439 battles

Yes, the farther you look, the less detail you see.  You don't magically get better binoculars with longer range guns.

Of course, there are mods out there that will increase your magnification if you want.  They will get you in closer.

Banned
715 posts
1,181 battles

If a ship was designed to hit long range targets with precision wouldn't they have designed the optics to match?

Just seems like an oxymoron to me. 

Edited by JaysUsedBoatParts

[DJL]
Members
3,354 posts
19,244 battles
59 minutes ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

If a ship was designed to hit long range targets with precision wouldn't they have designed the optics to match?

No extra range magnification used boat part in stock? Shame

Edited by STINKWEED_

[BB-C4]
Beta Testers
141 posts
11,294 battles
2 hours ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

I’ve never had an issue with the zoom UI and aiming in world of warships, are you playing on a small monitor(less than 1080p and below 21 inches)? Also what is your draw distance set to? Cause if it’s set to low than that’s probably part of your problem.

As far as adding additional zoom levels, I doubt the devs will add it unless the majority of players started to complain about it being an issue or a feature they want. Considering the zoom UI hasn’t really changed that much in terms of the magnification over the games life thus far, I suspect neither are generally considered(or confined to a minority among the player base).

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,203 posts
26,997 battles
2 hours ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

Radar made things easier for gunnery:Smile_coin:

Banned
715 posts
1,181 battles
43 minutes ago, MBT808 said:

I’ve never had an issue with the zoom UI and aiming in world of warships, are you playing on a small monitor(less than 1080p and below 21 inches)? Also what is your draw distance set to? Cause if it’s set to low than that’s probably part of your problem.

As far as adding additional zoom levels, I doubt the devs will add it unless the majority of players started to complain about it being an issue or a feature they want. Considering the zoom UI hasn’t really changed that much in terms of the magnification over the games life thus far, I suspect neither are generally considered(or confined to a minority among the player base).

I have a 30 inch 

What is the draw distance? How do I set that?

My problem is at 25 km I cant really aim for any particular part of the ship it's just the ship in general since it's so small.