Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
PFCWilliams

Montecuccoli..... WOW!

22 comments in this topic

Members
1,529 posts
11,799 battles
1 minute ago, Hanger_18 said:

all the italians are.

Not quite all. Do you have all the Italian ships? I don't, but then again, I'm not making blanket statements about an entire line. I do have the T7 cruiser, which is quite good. I also have the Genova, and it is indeed a hot pile of garbage.

• Boring 1

[187]
Members
961 posts
17,926 battles

Sorry, Have to Disagree. Trento is average but Zara and Amalfi and very decent ships. Play style a little different but they work well for me. Happy with those two.

[GOOF]
Members
856 posts
7,055 battles
12 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

all the italians are.

Wow that's offensive maybe you should rephrase. These ships are a different playstyle anyhow just because you can't get them doesn't mean they are garbage. 

• Boring 1

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,422 posts
6,014 battles
24 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

Not quite all. Do you have all the Italian ships? I don't, but then again, I'm not making blanket statements about an entire line. I do have the T7 cruiser, which is quite good. I also have the Genova, and it is indeed a hot pile of garbage.

all but the 7, and its not a ship thing, its a reload and sap thing. Amalfi is a good ship with bad ammo I actually have genova, and dont mind it because it overmatches a lot

[BEA5T]
Members
5,489 posts
25,894 battles
40 minutes ago, PFCWilliams said:

Good thing the ship and upgrades are free because this ship is a hot pile of garbage!!!

OK, the only ship mission I've gotten in a lot of crates is this one:....go figure.  And, I am an average player somewhat to make matters worse;.......and, skeptical of anything "free".  So, I took the plunge and set out to accomplish the ship's requirements.....  To be honest, at the start, I was a might "skeptical" that this ship was a "piece of garbage" as well....  Then, on the second game, I kinda saw that this ship is kinda of like the French ships of the previous events:......odd, but unique.  So, I played her oddly and tried to work on what she could do, versus what a super and decent ship is expected and does do....  And, I did quite well in her and worked through her mission and really, didn't mind it.  Now, I have a free Italian ship; should I ever need one for future events that require Italian ships......  A "Hot Pile of Garbage"; no.......  Unique and hard to figure out, yes....  Most importantly, she was free.....  I never would have purchased her and now, I have an investment for the future.    The cup is half full when the word "free" is used and one should never complain about a gift.....  Food for thought.

• Cool 1

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,422 posts
6,014 battles
14 minutes ago, grorg said:

Wow that's offensive maybe you should rephrase. 

They're objectively bad. Don't get butt hurt.

17 minutes ago, grorg said:

These ships are a different playstyle anyhow just because you can't get them doesn't mean they are garbage. 

wanna watch me hit top 10 on the servers leaderboard for genova?

• Cool 1

Members
12,624 posts
14,320 battles
8 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

wanna watch me hit top 10 on the servers leaderboard for genova?

Yes of course, Go for it! (I may or may not plotting to use Graf Spee to seal club Italian ships with lol.)

Members
482 posts
21,883 battles
1 hour ago, PFCWilliams said:

Good thing the ship and upgrades are free because this ship is a hot pile of garbage!!!

LOL! :Smile_amazed: Yep not impressed with what I've seen. Don't have any Italian cruisers yet and doubt I'll want any of them.

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,422 posts
6,014 battles
6 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yes of course, Go for it! (I may or may not plotting to use Graf Spee to seal club Italian ships with lol.)

If i can get some CV free games itll be likely as long as i dont blow it

currently as long as i maintain avg damage ill land inside top 5. WR could fluctuate, especially depending on cvs.

Members
12,624 posts
14,320 battles
6 hours ago, Hanger_18 said:

If i can get some CV free games itll be likely as long as i dont blow it

currently as long as i maintain avg damage ill land inside top 5. WR could fluctuate, especially depending on cvs.

Yeah when CVs are not pounding away at your ship, they are instead scouting / spotting allowing their team to see the direction you are traveling in or allowing them to long range shell you. That is why my ships must all have at least some AA enhancements thanks to how much of a menace CVs can be. (Dodging air attacks only goes so far if your AA guns are not damaging and downing aircraft.)

Beta Testers
2,855 posts
9,043 battles

Hmm currently 4k PR with this one and 68k damage. I don't think I'll play more games with it as I have the higher tier ones which are begging to be filled with XP but it's on my list of favourite T5s.

Members
2,873 posts
94 battles

Remember the time during the initial reveal of the French DDs and during their early access period, people are calling them "dead on arrival" and "useless garbage"?

[ARGSY]
Members
25,533 posts
19,680 battles
9 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Now, I have a free Italian ship; should I ever need one for future events that require Italian ships......  A "Hot Pile of Garbage"; no.......  Unique and hard to figure out, yes....  Most importantly, she was free.....  I never would have purchased her and now, I have an investment for the future.    The cup is half full when the word "free" is used and one should never complain about a gift.....  Food for thought.

+1.

9 hours ago, Skyfaller said:

Ricotta filled shells yo. 

:Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_great: +1 for the laugh. 

9 hours ago, grorg said:

Wow that's offensive maybe you should rephrase.

The Italian ships in this game are clearly what's meant in this context. This is not the place to talk about being "offensive" and needing to "rephrase".

You should hear the terrible Italian jokes my Italian father used to tell. There was a time people could laugh at jokes about their own ethnic group - and compete to tell the worst ones.

• Cool 3

Members
13,459 posts
40,169 battles

The problem is that they are slow reload 8" gun cruisers with low DPM, at least the T6-7 -- the T5 reload is ridiculous, and the Genova is a complete waste of time.

At almost every tier the high DPM 6" gun cruisers are far more useful. Until WG finds the right collection of ammo and tools for these slower reloading ships, they are mostly going to be not very good. 

[GOOF]
Members
856 posts
7,055 battles
50 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

+1.

:Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_great: +1 for the laugh. 

The Italian ships in this game are clearly what's meant in this context. This is not the place to talk about being "offensive" and needing to "rephrase".

You should hear the terrible Italian jokes my Italian father used to tell. There was a time people could laugh at jokes about their own ethnic group - and compete to tell the worst ones.

I've heard them all. Guess you make a point though ethnic jokes are nothing to get upset about. 

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
135 posts
16,954 battles

Hot garbage is accurate for these ship's. It's not just the obvious short coming's of the line, it's the fragility of the design's. not just wonky SAP/DPM/reload time's. These ship's are cannon fodder for most if not all other nation's cruiser's. The armor is a joke. They make RN CL's look like tank's. 152's citi these ship's at all but extreme range's. I have 1 shot killed these ship's several time's in my basic cruiser's. Yes if you work at them you could get them to work but you have to stay away from just about everyone to not get your a$$ shot off. 

I have t5-8 and try to run them to see if I can make them competitive. So far not a whole lot of luck. getting blapped by CL's is never a fun thing. Having it happen all the time is exercise in frustration. As I am not into mashochisim I will not be running them alot.

Sign in to follow this