Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
saintsfan1622000

Does the Kleber take full AP pens from BBs?

8 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
604 posts
15,342 battles

Couldn't find the answer with a quick search. I know the Khab and Hara do, but the other tier X DDs do that. 

Which club in the Kleber in? 

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,418 battles

Kleber does not. She has paper armor; she's purely a speed tank. So if a BB can even hit her, minimal damage, and she probably has the lowest incoming fire hit % of any ship I've played. Most players in randoms can only hit her consistently at short range if then; one can get away with a lot of meme-worthy ridiculousness in randoms that would never fly in competitive but even in competitive she's a better flanking HE spammer than Khab. 

I'm just waiting for the nerfbat to hit and enjoying her until then. 

[A-D-F]
Members
554 posts
18,257 battles

"IF" I remember correctly only the Harugumo and Khabarovsk take full penetration damage from large caliber BB AP ( 283mm +) , the rest of the DDs are not long or have armor thick enough arm those shells.

The only penetration ribbons one may get for shooting other DDs with BB AP is possibly for damage to modules.

Now it gets interesting with the Stalingrad and its AP that can over-match 21mm but has 34mm fuse thresholds instead of 51mm as on the other 305mm guns.
So unless you consider a Stalingrad a BB then the answer is: NO.

Members
811 posts
10,893 battles
41 minutes ago, Sammy_Small said:

"IF" I remember correctly only the Harugumo and Khabarovsk take full penetration damage from large caliber BB AP ( 283mm +) , the rest of the DDs are not long or have armor thick enough arm those shells.

The only penetration ribbons one may get for shooting other DDs with BB AP is possibly for damage to modules.

Now it gets interesting with the Stalingrad and its AP that can over-match 21mm but has 34mm fuse thresholds instead of 51mm as on the other 305mm guns.
So unless you consider a Stalingrad a BB then the answer is: NO.

Stalingrad doesn't full pen DDs except Harugumo and Khaba, neither do any of the other 305 mm cruisers.

[A-K-A]
Beta Testers
146 posts
4,887 battles

against kremlin she sure feel like she does, seen them and stalingrad do 20k damage on nose in salvo

it should not be more than 12ish-K for kremlin but somehow she does way more with er insane accuracy

Sign in to follow this