You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Skuggsja

Guide: Filth by the Numbers

15 comments in this topic

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
3,307 posts
28,203 battles

So I wanted to do some calculating on the amount of games needed to get every random bundle out of the Halloween event. If your goal is the premium camo, you may not need every bundle as I pulled my Tier 8 out of my second bundle but everyone's luck is different.

So let's first look at the amount of Filth that can be collected -

2000 Filth for Rasputin 

50 Filth per DD with × 5 spawn with Rasputin

100 Filth for Fossil  × 3 appear in the center cap 

50 Filth per DD × 3 at the starting position

100 Filth per Scarab × 3 at the starting position

100 Filth per Fossil × 3 at the starting position 

200 Filth per Varg × 3 at the starting position 

200 Filth Spot ×3 near each position

200 Filth Per Montana × 3 near each filth spot position

So that's 850 (×3) Filth per starting position that should be guaranteed per team.

There is only about 5,500 Filth to collect on the map based on killing and gathering the the swarm of destroyers that appear in the last minutes around the portal. 5,100 is a more reliable amount. 

Now the overall prices -

The top tier bundles are 8,000 Filth, mid tier are 2,000 Filth, and bottom tier are 500 Filth. The amount of bundles are 24, 21, and 18

That is:

192,000 Filth for all top bundles

42,000 Filth for all middle bundles 

9,0000 Filth for all bottom bundles

243,000 Filth for every bundle.

How  does that translate into game time -

If all 3 teams leave with an equal amount of Filth each battle that is roughly 1,833 Filth based on the 5,500 total which would count the destroyers that spawn in the last minutes of the game. That's 132 games for each person if they are all pulling the equal amount of Filth without losing teammates and by destroying every bot. This also doesnt factor in players that leave for the portal early and dont aide in killing all bots on the map. 

The more reasonable amount of Filth to collect is based off of the 5,100 total with no end game destroyers counted. This brings the EQUAL share to 1,700. At that rate we are looking at 143 battles.

Edited by Skuggsja
  • Cool 4

[BS]
Members
2,001 posts
11,717 battles

sounds like i should start getting the filth around my spawn, and leaving... Then starting a new game with a different ship. Alternate between the cruiser and DD or something. 

The BB has screwed me near the portal multiple times because I literally couldn['t go through the portal a few times (quickly that is) because of how bad the maneuverability is... Then those damn DD's spawn and torp the crap out of you. Why doesn't the BB have HE ammo again?

EJ

Edited by HorrorRoach

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
3,307 posts
28,203 battles
Just now, HorrorRoach said:

sounds like i should start getting the filth around my spawn, and leaving... Then starting a new game with a different ship. Alternate between the cruiser and DD or something. 

The BB has screwed me near the portal multiple times because I literally couldn['t go through the portal a few time (quickly that is) because of how bad the maneuverability is... Then those damn DD's spawn and torp the crap out of you.

Yeah that's why I didnt want to count them in to the total filth gained. Not only will they torp you but theyll ram you as well. I think they dont appear until around the 2.5 minute mark or so though.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,716 posts
19,637 battles

That's some good maths right there. I'll take your word for it. 

Image result for math is hard meme

• Funny 4

Members
12,624 posts
14,320 battles
15 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

The BB has screwed me near the portal multiple times because I literally couldn['t go through the portal a few times (quickly that is) because of how bad the maneuverability is... Then those damn DD's spawn and torp the crap out of you. Why doesn't the BB have HE ammo again?

EJ

I have been alternating Lancet and Angler DDs since both have speed and healing consumables, if for some odd reason I need another ship then I may take the CA or BB out. But particularly if I have an obviously bad team I will hurry and collect 500 or very close to it and bolt through portal. Sadly portal opening times vary and can take 10 minutes or so at times, much nicer when it opens 2-6 minutes into the battle as there is often less chances of human opposition if it opens early and you are in DD.

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
3,307 posts
28,203 battles
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I have been alternating Lancet and Angler DDs since both have speed and healing consumables, if for some odd reason I need another ship then I may take the CA or BB out. But particularly if I have an obviously bad team I will hurry and collect 500 or very close to it and bolt through portal. Sadly portal opening times vary and can take 10 minutes or so at times, much nicer when it opens 2-6 minutes into the battle as there is often less chances of human opposition if it opens early and you are in DD.

I believe the time is based on the amount of Filth collected.

Members
12,624 posts
14,320 battles
1 minute ago, Skuggsja said:

I believe the time is based on the amount of Filth collected.

Think it varies as I have been experimenting in how to optimize Filth per hour income, which includes keeping eye on portal timers. The timer has varied battle to battle right from the start of the battle.

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
3,307 posts
28,203 battles
14 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Think it varies as I have been experimenting in how to optimize Filth per hour income, which includes keeping eye on portal timers. The timer has varied battle to battle right from the start of the battle.

Oh, interesting. I thought there was a threshold for filth collected, as in once 1000 filth (as an example) was collected in total (all teams) the portal opened.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,533 posts
19,680 battles
1 hour ago, Skuggsja said:

The more reasonable amount of Filth to collect

is based on the capacities of your ships' holds. For example, the basic destroyer can't take more than 500. It doesn't matter how much Filth is on the board if your team can't get it all home. This is why there's a great deal of revulsion against ships with their tanks already full killing other human players on the way out. Sure, you get more XP and credits, but we all know that's not the main reason why we're in this mode.

[DVYJC]
Members
4,499 posts
12,237 battles
1 hour ago, Skuggsja said:

Yeah that's why I didnt want to count them in to the total filth gained. Not only will they torp you but theyll ram you as well. I think they dont appear until around the 2.5 minute mark or so though.

The ingenious solution to this I learned from the Hoperations crowd is to use a Crocosaur with invulnerability charges. The Mutantovsks will ram you, but they're not invulnerable, they just have a big damage reduction active. But they also only have 25k HP, and your Crocosaur has about 150k, so they smash on your hull like bugs on a windshield, and they're also conveniently right next to you when they die, so you collect their filth instantly.

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
3,307 posts
28,203 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

is based on the capacities of your ships' holds. For example, the basic destroyer can't take more than 500. It doesn't matter how much Filth is on the board if your team can't get it all home. This is why there's a great deal of revulsion against ships with their tanks already full killing other human players on the way out. Sure, you get more XP and credits, but we all know that's not the main reason why we're in this mode.

The number I was using is just based on the maximum, equal amount a team could acquire in perfect circumstances.

If you start throwing in odds and ends of what actually happens in game, yeah cruiser or destroyer maxing their hold and running is probably the best bet. Battleships are just to slow to get a decent amount factoring in other players and speeds, let alone other factors.

Members
2,516 posts
8,937 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I think this is the best filth/time unless you can run a 3 BB div efficiently , which I cant, having no fronds

Edited by why_u_heff_to_be_mad

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
3,307 posts
28,203 battles
10 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Or just kill the other players and leave with 3000 Filth per game

Its much more fun that way

That's part of my reason for posting it actually, to show how minimal of an amount you get, but I backed off on that part and didnt include it.

To really maximize each game and reduce the number each needs to play the best thing to do is take from other players unless the snip line up wont hild the full amount. However, 3 BBs and 2 CAs in a match nearly take it all anyway if they fill their holds, 4400.

If people want to do the "truce thing" that's up to them but it will require playing much more. My only fear is that WG changes it all to try and keep players from engaging in the truce. 

Members
12,624 posts
14,320 battles
14 hours ago, Skuggsja said:

Oh, interesting. I thought there was a threshold for filth collected, as in once 1000 filth (as an example) was collected in total (all teams) the portal opened.

I thought so too at first until I noticed even when we seemed to be making record time in Filth collection that the timer did not change. I do wonder if the timer is randomly changed or if it has to do with the ship compositions of the teams.

[DVYJC]
Members
4,499 posts
12,237 battles
23 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I thought so too at first until I noticed even when we seemed to be making record time in Filth collection that the timer did not change. I do wonder if the timer is randomly changed or if it has to do with the ship compositions of the teams.

It is random I think at either 3, 7, or 10 minutes.