Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hull__Balsey

Question on Unique Upgrades

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

41
[PRMUS]
Members
88 posts
9,121 battles

Are they only available for T10 ships if you dont use an free xp to get there or are they only available for some ships regardless. I got impatient and used 13k free xp to get the Des Moines and I don't have a personal mission for it. I did get one for the Kurf, Mino, Wooster, and Conq.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,584
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,304 posts
6,280 battles
8 minutes ago, Hull__Balsey said:

Are they only available for T10 ships if you dont use an free xp to get there or are they only available for some ships regardless. I got impatient and used 13k free xp to get the Des Moines and I don't have a personal mission for it. I did get one for the Kurf, Mino, Wooster, and Conq.

The mission pops up after you play your first battle in a new ship, free XP has nothing to do with it.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41
[PRMUS]
Members
88 posts
9,121 battles
7 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

The mission pops up after you play your first battle in a new ship, free XP has nothing to do with it.

Thanks. I was curious because I never got a mission when I got to the Daring. Cheers

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,584
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,304 posts
6,280 battles
Just now, Hull__Balsey said:

Thanks. I was curious because I never got a mission when I got to the Daring. Cheers

That's because not all of the tier 10s have Unique Upgrades. Audacious, Daring, Harugumo, Kleber, and Kremlin are outright lacking a UU, as will Venezia when she comes out. Midway and Hakuryu still have the mission available (at least if you had it running before the CV rework hit they do), but will not reward the UU because it was removed with the rework.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,034
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles

All of the Unique Upgrades as they are officially called force the player to give up one play style for another. The DM one makes the ship detectable from the moon but it will accelerate and decelerate like a sports car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
244
[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Beta Testers
405 posts
12,154 battles
15 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The DM one makes the ship detectable from the moon but it will accelerate and decelerate like a sports car.

the DM upgrade is in the 6th slot, which normally is for reload or range boost, so concealment is same. It does lower radar duration by 10%, so there is trade off, not to mention having less range or longer reload depend on which module you normally use on the 6th slot

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,613
[WKY19]
Beta Testers
2,354 posts
15,488 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

All of the Unique Upgrades as they are officially called force the player to give up one play style for another. The DM one makes the ship detectable from the moon but it will accelerate and decelerate like a sports car.

No, you're thinking of the Henri.

DM gives improved acceleration and maneuverability but shaves 10% off the action time of radar.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,034
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
11 hours ago, axyarthur said:

the DM upgrade is in the 6th slot, which normally is for reload or range boost, so concealment is same. It does lower radar duration by 10%, so there is trade off, not to mention having less range or longer reload depend on which module you normally use on the 6th slot

 

9 hours ago, Zaydin said:

No, you're thinking of the Henri.

DM gives improved acceleration and maneuverability but shaves 10% off the action time of radar.

You are both right, although I was actually thinking of the Hindenburg where you have to give up the concealment or maneuverability module for the UU. I had the maneuverability module for the Hindy and an odd semi BB build so the Hindy UU was a no brainer for me, makes her nearly fire and flood proof. That almost makes me want to go troll Smolensk's in random :Smile_trollface: but I hate the tier 10 meta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26
[CLAWS]
Beta Testers
116 posts
9,628 battles
24 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

 

You are both right, although I was actually thinking of the Hindenburg where you have to give up the concealment or maneuverability module for the UU. I had the maneuverability module for the Hindy and an odd semi BB build so the Hindy UU was a no brainer for me, makes her nearly fire and flood proof. That almost makes me want to go troll Smolensk's in random :Smile_trollface: but I hate the tier 10 meta.

I don't recall the exact math anymore, but with the flooding changes, you actually take less flooding damage than fire damage with the UU, and each flood is only like...1.5k damage or something?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
378
[AAA]
Members
816 posts
20,131 battles
11 hours ago, axyarthur said:

the DM upgrade is in the 6th slot, which normally is for reload or range boost, so concealment is same. It does lower radar duration by 10%, so there is trade off, not to mention having less range or longer reload depend on which module you normally use on the 6th slot

Correct. If you want to be a island hugging/long range fire spammer the UU is definitely not for you. Its really meant for the more aggressive types who like to get forward into the fight early.

I run mine with the enhanced radar module in slot 2 and with the enhanced acceleration in slot 4. I primarily want to be hunting dds whenever I play my DM and I have found this combo works best for me.

Getting RPF on the captain is also an option, but for me its not worth the cost as I play enough dds to usually have a good idea where they are gonna head on the map.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,170
[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
20,556 battles
1 hour ago, HLS30 said:

I don't recall the exact math anymore, but with the flooding changes, you actually take less flooding damage than fire damage with the UU, and each flood is only like...1.5k damage or something?

With the Juliet Yankee Bissotwo signal the crew cleans the flood up with a sponge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,481
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,203 posts
26,997 battles
13 hours ago, axyarthur said:

the DM upgrade is in the 6th slot, which normally is for reload or range boost, so concealment is same. It does lower radar duration by 10%, so there is trade off, not to mention having less range or longer reload depend on which module you normally use on the 6th slot

I have to add that the DM Legendary is one of the best Legendaries in the game and easy to incorporate.  I had doubts about it at first, "Give up MBM3 on Des Moines?  Are you nuts?"  But when I did earn it and tried it out, it greatly changes how the ship sailed, to the point I don't even think about having MBM3 anymore on her.  Since her Legendary is Slot 6, it was an easy switch to make since I didn't have to give up CSM1 in Slot 5 for my Stealth Build.

 

Even better, since I gave up MBM3 on her for the Legendary, I enjoyed the natural turret speed it had without MBM3 worsening it.  And I "only" have the base 5.5 seconds reload for her 203mm autoloaders :Smile_trollface:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26
[CLAWS]
Beta Testers
116 posts
9,628 battles
19 hours ago, ClassicLib said:

With the Juliet Yankee Bissotwo signal the crew cleans the flood up with a sponge.

the 1.5k damage was basically maxed out setup to reduce dot, include all appropriate flags/modules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×