Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

Rigging in the Halloween mode

106 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

8,503
[GGWP]
Privateers
7,649 posts
18,514 battles

I've seen a lot of players colluding and trying to rig the Halloween event in all chat.

I believe that is against the tos and am wondering why it is not being punished. I will be intentionally seeking out to destroy those players seeking to rig the event by trying to engineer truces in the game. 

Game rule 12.2: Any type of contractual battles, I. E. match rigging, including deliberate losses (throwing games) or excessively passive behavior of both teams at once (forced draw) are prohibited. 

 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,432
[FEM]
Members
2,108 posts
17,811 battles

It is definitely disappointing to see some people taking advantage of WG when they gave us something as fun and different as this. 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,920
[SOFOP]
Members
2,574 posts
16,194 battles

This event is built with the option of working together.  Its stated clearly in the announcement.

 

Edit:  Well I can't find where it said it, but I thought the event was built around the idea that you can either work together for the common good, or you can battle each other and steal each others resources.  This is a mixed PVP/PVE event like many games have and its the players choice what they want to do.  The bad part is, if you can get 12 people to agree, the resources come pretty easily.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
275
[P2W]
Members
426 posts
13,990 battles

Well, I don't see it that way, since the goal of this mode isn't to "win" but rather to collect as much of the resource as possible. It seems clear that the dominant strategy for doing that is for all human players to beat up on the bots and ignore other players, since doing so generates enough filth to fill up all of the participating ships. Thus, I don't think you're really throwing the match but rather choosing a path that is best for you, and happens to also be best for the others.

I was in a match yesterday where we agreed to live and let live, and then immediately after we sunk Rasputin one of the single-clan teams went all Rambo on the rest of us. It was ironic, since while we were all killed we managed to do enough damage that none of them survived the bots long enough to flee with their ill-gotten goods. It was especially stupid on their part since they were all three already full, so there was no possible gain from attacking us.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,432
[FEM]
Members
2,108 posts
17,811 battles
Just now, KaptainNemo_1 said:

It was especially stupid on their part since they were all three already full, so there was no possible gain from attacking us.

There was fun to gain. :]

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,503
[GGWP]
Privateers
7,649 posts
18,514 battles
6 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

This event is built with the option of working together.  Its stated clearly in the announcement.

 

Edit:  Well I can't find where it said it, but I thought the event was built around the idea that you can either work together for the common good, or you can battle each other and steal each others resources.  This is a mixed PVP/PVE event like many games have and its the players choice what they want to do.  The bad part is, if you can get 12 people to agree, the resources come pretty easily.

Yeah, I went looking for it and couldn't find it either. I can't believe that WG would actively state to do something against their EULA/TOS.

If the purpose wasn't to kill the other players, then all 9 players would be on the same team.

Edited by Ducky_shot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
275
[P2W]
Members
426 posts
13,990 battles
1 minute ago, Kebobstuzov said:

There was fun to gain. :]

I suppose, but frankly in a game setting I don't see the fun factor in lying to others about your plans. I realize that in some games, such as poker, the whole game is about deceiving your opponent, but in this one the bots are actually hard enough that there is a challenge there. If you get pleasure from griefing then please proceed, but I don't find it to be entertaining to be the griefer.

Still, I'm fine with whatever people choose to do, as it's just a game. I think the biggest problem with this mode is that you can have three-player divs, which is effectively the same as a 12-player div in randoms - those people will have a significant advantage over a randomly constructed team.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,932
[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,634 posts
16,867 battles
2 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I can't believe that WG would actively state to do something against their EULA/TOS.

 

Except WG contradicts themselves all the time. 

 

Edited by pikohan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,503
[GGWP]
Privateers
7,649 posts
18,514 battles
Just now, pikohan said:

 

Oh I wouldn't be surprised at all. WG contradicts themselves all the time. 

 

very true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,432
[FEM]
Members
2,108 posts
17,811 battles
1 minute ago, KaptainNemo_1 said:

I suppose, but frankly in a game setting I don't see the fun factor in lying to others about your plans. I realize that in some games, such as poker, the whole game is about deceiving your opponent, but in this one the bots are actually hard enough that there is a challenge there. If you get pleasure from griefing then please proceed, but I don't find it to be entertaining to be the griefer.

Still, I'm fine with whatever people choose to do, as it's just a game. I think the biggest problem with this mode is that you can have three-player divs, which is effectively the same as a 12-player div in randoms - those people will have a significant advantage over a randomly constructed team.

The key is to never agree to a truce in the first place, just stay silent and kill who gets in the way

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,920
[SOFOP]
Members
2,574 posts
16,194 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

Yeah, I went looking for it and couldn't find it either. I can't believe that WG would actively state to do something against their EULA/TOS.

If the purpose wasn't to kill the other players, then all 9 players would be on the same team.

My guess is, they feel that special game modes have special rules and therefore, can bend or break their own rules a bit.

If they really didn't want people to collude and work together on this, they should not have tied camos and such to the resource it gives away (that is essentially free).  Considering it takes what, 200 games to get all the higher tier loot rolls (which is what it will take me, Im sure lol),....people will always find the shortest way to get what they want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,239
[KWF]
Members
6,690 posts
7,321 battles

I can't believe WG didn't take into account the possibility of a truce, otherwise it would only be human players and pools of filth.

Unless someone from WG staff makes a statement I think it falls in sort of a gray area

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,749
[HRVAT]
[HRVAT]
Members
1,674 posts
14,654 battles
17 minutes ago, KaptainNemo_1 said:

Well, I don't see it that way, since the goal of this mode isn't to "win" but rather to collect as much of the resource as possible. It seems clear that the dominant strategy for doing that is for all human players to beat up on the bots and ignore other players, since doing so generates enough filth to fill up all of the participating ships. Thus, I don't think you're really throwing the match but rather choosing a path that is best for you, and happens to also be best for the others.

I was in a match yesterday where we agreed to live and let live, and then immediately after we sunk Rasputin one of the single-clan teams went all Rambo on the rest of us. It was ironic, since while we were all killed we managed to do enough damage that none of them survived the bots long enough to flee with their ill-gotten goods. It was especially stupid on their part since they were all three already full, so there was no possible gain from attacking us.

This is why I have stopped following truce.

There are too many children in this game that think is funny after everyone have fill up, they try to kill.... Only then after they realize, that they will die too and noone walk out with goods.

 

17 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

There was fun to gain. :]

I rest my case

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,025
[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,716 posts
19,637 battles

Just don't agree to any truces and be prepared for your fellow captains to pop out of the woodwork and stab you in the back. It's the game we play after all. 

Image result for bender stab in the back gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
49 posts
8,420 battles

I want to get out with a full hold, so I follow the truce. If someone wants to fight, they ought to announce it when the truce is called. That's what I will do. I also make a list of players who break truces without announcements, and will kill them on sight. I have a couple names to add it seems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
27 posts
117 battles
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

If I understand this game mode, there are only 3 green ships, while the rest are red?

Yup, you and your other 2 teammates vs 6 players vs bots = PvPvE 

^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,059
[WOLFG]
Members
13,388 posts
12,784 battles
4 minutes ago, Ruruni said:

Yup, you and your other 2 teammates vs 6 players vs bots = PvPvE 

^_^

Seems to me the rules of engagement are pretty clear.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
327
[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,118 posts
4,173 battles

Same thing happened in Tanks with their Steel Hunters mode, where you collect resources to be the last one alive, and your tank corpse could be looted for what you had already collected...was supposed to be a free-for-all, but clans/friends were sync dropping and shifting the balance of play.  At least on Tanks, that was a reportable offense, but they wanted video proof of the collusion even though that battle mode was not captured by the in-game replay system...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,568
[ARGSY]
Members
25,537 posts
19,680 battles
58 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Game rule 12.2: Any type of contractual battles, I. E. match rigging, including deliberate losses (throwing games) or excessively passive behavior of both teams at once (forced draw) are prohibited. 

 

IIRC this is only true in pure PvP. Here the environment is also an enemy, and IIRC it becomes implacably hostile with about 6 minutes to run.

I'm not sure whether the number of rabid bot DDs that spawns is limited (thus enabling you to technically farm them all and then leave), or whether they just keep on spawning as many as are required to kill you all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
27 posts
117 battles
8 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Seems to me the rules of engagement are pretty clear.

 

Yup, and as I posted the screenshot above, the "Team Mission" mentioned clearly that: "It is not about winning or losing in the Raid for the Filth. Collect as much Filth as you can and extract it via the Portal."

That is why I mention it as a "Grey Zone", either truce for fighting the bots and then sink each other or sink each other and sink the bots (PvPvE). I don't believe that it counts as breaking the rules after all, even if you stay more time, when the time says that you have 5 minutes left, then a lot of DDs bots spawn near you and then good luck :cap_rambo:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,059
[WOLFG]
Members
13,388 posts
12,784 battles
1 minute ago, Harathan said:

Not as much as you'd think.

The "best" outcome, in terms of in-game rewards, is ALL players ONLY shooting at bots. 

A "red" player is only a threat if they choose to be. The more who choose to be threats, the fewer in-game rewards for everyone.

Then throw straight up griefing into the mix, because some people are only having fun if they're spoiling other people's fun.

There's a lot of ways for a single match to play out.

I meant you are allowed to shoot the reds (and they are allowed to shoot you).

I'm assuming that killing the other players (non bots) also provide monetary and XP rewards.

There is a risk vs. reward for attacking the other humans.  If you are good enough to get maximum filth and collect extra kills on the humans, I would expect it.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
293
[SKD]
[SKD]
Members
266 posts
15,312 battles
38 minutes ago, The_Librarian54 said:

I want to get out with a full hold, so I follow the truce. If someone wants to fight, they ought to announce it when the truce is called. That's what I will do. I also make a list of players who break truces without announcements, and will kill them on sight. I have a couple names to add it seems. 

Is this why you teamkill in randoms?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×