You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
reza577

Which russian ships are OP?

63 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,182 battles

russian BB line is pretty strong up and down the line.  for   cruiser,    Budyonny, shchors and chapayev can be very strong if you can play well with positioning and kiting.      IFHE required though.      Frankly, I find teh t6-8 cruisers to be OP, and of course  moskva is commonly seen in CB so it is pretty strong for what it can do.   donskoi is only one that is bit on the weaker side, (still strong compared to other t9 cruisers)   due to lower dpm.  decent AP though if you can find broadside targets. 

Members
2,777 posts
94 battles
2 hours ago, KiyoSenkan said:

The IJN uses the same shells from tier 5 (Furutaka) up to tier 9 for 20.3cm guns. However these are all tier 5 shells that are offset by faster reloads or more barrels. (Zao has an entirely different set of guns, this continuity stops at Ibuki)

The Donskoi was added with its tier 9 shells with tier 9 krupp, and then Molotov was released as a premium with the same guns and shells from tier 9.

That's the difference. And your insuination that these are the same situations and implying that "No, Donskoi has tier 6 guns! is fallacious. Because the IJN shells were developed for tier 5 and carried up to 9, while the Donskoi shells were developed for tier 9 and then brought down to 6.

Dude,you seriously still believe that Molotov is "Russian Bias"? 

Molotov trades everything else for those "OP guns". No protection, bad concealment,bad maneuverability, so-so AA, almost worthless torps... all these negatives hardly make the ship as broken as say Smolensk or Kremlin.

• Boring 1

Members
763 posts
14,038 battles

Just to think, I saved up all my steel for the Neustrashimy (Неустрашимый, Dauntless) and it's never once been mentioned in this entire thread. Darn good thing I'm still saving I suppose.   

[SYN]
Members
5,878 posts
13,316 battles

Which ones are OP?  Generally, a number of the ships in the Russian tree that never materialized in the real world.  It's amazing how much more capable things are if never actually built.

Purely just an opinion due to experience playing them:  Podvoisky, Budyonny, Schorshshsses or whatever it's called.  Also Kiev.  Tashkent - yeah, one was built, by the Italians.  Formally Khabarovsk, which at one point was absolutely the most blatantly overpowered ship in the game by miles.  Eventually, WG was forced to grudgingly dial it back a few notches, albeit belatedly, but they may have overreacted in the urgency of the matter.

I briefly played the Molotov-rental and was genuinely shocked as to how good the guns are for a cruiser of that tier.  I would love to actually have one.

I didn't care for the Chap, had difficult matches with the Don though the guns are incredible, and I've not sufficient experience with the Moskva to comment.

Can't comment on the battleships either as I haven't touched them and don't plan to.

Anyway, with the RU DDs and Cruisers operating in their element (long range gunnery on a flank) you almost can play them with the brain turned off.  Just zoom along while keeping your distance and tape down the LMB.  You'll have half the red team distracted while the rest of your team cleans up relatively unmolested.  Though you have to be more careful in the cruisers, however their guns more than make up for any inherent deficiencies.

Edited by Kuckoo

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,787 battles
9 hours ago, Edgecase said:

All the ones that weren't built in reality, plus the ones that were.

This was hysterical! Thanks for that.

• Cool 1

[KIA-C]
Members
3,691 posts
16,254 battles

Des Moines is a nasty ship. It has improved pen angle DPM and with leg mod you just accelerate like no one else.

Worcester is also a nasty ship. Good daka, AA and lot of consummable. Strong fire starter

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
12 hours ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Dude,you seriously still believe that Molotov is "Russian Bias"? 

Molotov trades everything else for those "OP guns". No protection, bad concealment,bad maneuverability, so-so AA, almost worthless torps... all these negatives hardly make the ship as broken as say Smolensk or Kremlin.

You've obviously not been on the giving end of a 9-citadel salvo. On a Fuso, no less.

Molotov is borderline due to its guns alone. No weakness it has is any different from Budyonny's, Aoba's, or Pensacola's weaknesses.

Edited by KiyoSenkan

Members
75 posts
459 battles

Russian ships are Broken, don't know how many times I've shot them at close range in the citadel with my AP and just get normal dmg, they fire back magically punch through my turtle back armor and blap me into oblivion.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,339 posts
17,511 battles
On 10/28/2019 at 12:30 PM, reza577 said:

So i keep hearing that russian ships are OP.

and since it took me 5 months to grind to yamato, i don't feel like spending 5 more months grinding US ships to find out that they are weak compared to USSR.and have to redo everything on a new line.

so i'm going to str8 up grind USSR lines, but i don't know which ships in those lines are considered OP. so i can have something to aim for grinding.

None of the ships you get will be OP reza577. We just had a meeting about it, so just play what you enjoy. If you are unsure go down the Russian BB line I promise you that by the time you get each ship it will not be OP in your eyes.

[T-CF]
Members
551 posts
3,130 battles
On 10/28/2019 at 2:47 PM, AJTP89 said:

Sinop and Kremlin. Maybe Khaba. Nikolai, Gremy, Stalingrad, Smolensk. Moskva and Kronshadt are strong, but not OP IMO. Neither is Kutuzov, though again some may disagree. But Gremy and Nikolai are unavailable now, so only the other 4 are causing issues.

Khaba has been power crept and nerfed so hard it’s one of the worst tier 10s out there. Tashkent is better than Khaba.

• Cool 1

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
11,560 battles

The Kremlin was nerfed hard. That is why you don't see them around these days.

Recently Flamu has a 12 v 12 BB face off, I strongly suggest finding it on the youtubes and giving it a look. So he had 12 Krems v 12 GKFs, and 12 Yams vs 12 Montys. 

The GKFs absolutely destroyed the Krems. It wasn't even close. It was a walkover.

Essentially, the Krem has been nerfed so that it can't really do much damage beyond 12km. Folks say 15km, but in my experience it gets massively inaccurate beyond 12km. Now, it burns like a torch. When the GFKs get close, they start lighting fires with their secondaries, and that cripples the Krems. However, with the german BB dispersion buff, the GFKs were also doing more damage at medium and long range. In close, they have very good armour against the Krems, and didnt take citadels. At range, the dispersion and accuracy of the Krems was so bad, even focused fire from 12 of them was not dangerous.

In random, the Krem is really weak, because so many ship just spam it with HE from beyond its effective range, or within smoke. It is not just the smolensk. Many DDs can burn it down, and so can most cruisers. Ships with long range, like the Zao, and most other same tier cruisers, can kite and burn it down with ease.

Very occasionally, the Krem will penetrate and do great damage at range. However, the design of the thing is to be no good at range, and force it to close and brawl.

This statistical reality was laid bare by the 12 vs 12 fight. With that many good players, the average of the numbers don't lie. As the GFKs advanced, they tanked the focused fire of 12 Krems easily. Easily, mind you. As they got closer, to the Krems apparently optimal fighting range, their vastly superior armour scheme and secondaries made the difference.

I don't play my Krem anymore. It's no fun. I love my Massachampus, and like the Georgia, too.

The reason so many people go on and on about "Russian bias" is probably because ethnic hatred and derision of Russians is permitted in the west, just now. It is just folks kicking a dog because they can, for the sheer fun of it.

Maybe the Krem was a good ship a while back, when it could hit things out to 20km and hurt them badly, and before the fire spamming meta took off in a big way. As it stands, it is a floating torch that cannot defend itself, has no consumables, and so folks don't actually play it much.

• Boring 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,898 posts
25,782 battles

Y'all didn't mind Worcester burning people down, but when Smolensk does it, it became a problem.  One is a US ship, one was Russian.  Obviously there's bias going on here.

• Boring 1

[O7]
Members
1,035 posts
5,568 battles

In order of Overpoweredness:

1.  Gremyashchy
  2.  Grozovoi
  3.  Neustrashimy
  4.  Smolensk
  5.  Udaloi
  6.  Pyotr Velikiy
  7.  Sinop
  8.  Mikhail Kutuzov
  9.  Kremlin

That may seem like a lot, but then you look at the USN ships and the list is 3 times as long.

Stick with USN, literally the strongest nation in the game by a wide margin

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,314 posts
6,620 battles
10 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

1.  Gremyashchy
  2.  Grozovoi
  3.  Neustrashimy
  4.  Smolensk
  5.  Udaloi
  6.  Pyotr Velikiy
  7.  Sinop
  8.  Mikhail Kutuzov
  9.  Kremlin

That may seem like a lot, but then you look at the USN ships and the list is 3 times as long.

I do not find they are that OP now... At least, 2, 4, 7 and 9 that I try to torp and dive bomb, don't see that OP.
Maybe Kremlin but they are fixing that.
Smolensk is an aggressive ship but made of paper... when shelled, they die very soon. Avoid being under Smolensk fire, once it has used his smokes, he is dead.
Sinop, as a CV player is one of my favorites!

Like all ships, they have their strengths and weaknesses.
Ships have a set of parameters, WG plays with the values, sometimes they buff some values, nerf others extremely. The ship looks OP, that is all.
Italian cruisers have been the opposite, they seemed under powered initially, once some players learned to use them, no one complained anymore.

And I indeed confirm, USN seem to me the strongest, ships values are quite balanced. Don't require to learn a specific game play.
IJN for ex, have high concealment and accuracy values, but low AA, not so good protection, etc... player needs to learn play concealment.
KM BBs are good at close range, well, need to learn how to play that...
And so on.

Probably best is grind first USN then others.

Members
2,777 posts
94 battles
25 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

1.  Gremyashchy
  2.  Grozovoi
  3.  Neustrashimy
  4.  Smolensk
  5.  Udaloi
  6.  Pyotr Velikiy
  7.  Sinop
  8.  Mikhail Kutuzov
  9.  Kremlin

I find it funny how people are so quick to call out on "Russian Bias" and yet turn a blind eye on OP American ships.

Patriotism sure is a drug.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,898 posts
25,782 battles
28 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

1.  Gremyashchy
  2.  Grozovoi
  3.  Neustrashimy
  4.  Smolensk
  5.  Udaloi
  6.  Pyotr Velikiy
  7.  Sinop
  8.  Mikhail Kutuzov
  9.  Kremlin

I also want to add this:

"Hey guys!  There's now a Battleship where you got 33kts base max speed, AND can use Engine Boost!

Not only that, but you can get long range, super accurate Secondaries, AND still get 6, decently accurate 457mm guns!

You also got fast reloading Repair Party!"

Enter Georgia.

That's not a balanced ship.  But hey, it's an American ship, so everyone is celebrating. 

Not only that, it's a PAPER SHIP, but hey, people don't mind, it's American.

What if that was a Paper Russian Ship with those Georgia stats and capabilities instead?

Image result for frankenstein mob gif"

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[HRVAT]
[HRVAT]
Members
1,674 posts
13,697 battles
On 10/28/2019 at 8:34 PM, Edgecase said:

All the ones that weren't built in reality, plus the ones that were.

Best answer LOL

Honest Answer ?

Derzki
Izyslav
Nikolai
Sinop
Svietlana
Budyonny
Moskva
Stalingrad
Leningrad
Kremlin
Smolensk

Need I go on ?

[B2P]
Members
265 posts
7,291 battles
3 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

-snip-

This. Can't begin to imagine how many exactly, But Massachusetts, Georgia, Ohio, Missouri, Benham, Somers, Black, Alaska, West Virginia, Arizona, Saipan (at least previously), eh that's enough for a reasonable example. The US is loaded with excellent premiums, and France owns the other top two premium battleships per the Jean Bart and Bourgogne, which are still unique ships thanks to their low caliber but extreme RoF, speed boost, high gun performance for their caliber, Reload Booster, and overall strong designs that lend themselves to high AA and secondary power as well. 

Anyhow, as for the soviet ships I would list as overpowered: 
Sinop
Kremlin 
Stalingrad
Smolensk
Moskva  

No one uses the older overpowered premiums enough for anyone to care, and no one really blinks twice about OP USN ships, or the French. 
Worcester does the same thing as Smolensk with even better tools than smoke making it a slightly higher skill level but far more dangerous, but that's A-ok. 
Meanwhile IJN and KMS ships are left being just ok, decently strong at best. As it is, Scharnhorst and Tirpitz are still money rakers. 
Really wish WG would leave the Hindenberg's reload alone, how many times are they going to nerf and rebuff it?! Leave it now! Rebalance other ships with that same gusto! 

Members
1,058 posts
7,478 battles

According to the data for Tier 10?

Kremlin.

That is the ONLY Russian Tier 10 that is over performing, and it is also over performing by a LARGE margin. The khaba when it was released was not over performing, nor is the Smolensk, nor was the Stalingrad before it was nerfed.

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Yet if you listen to the Russian server, they consider Soviet ships to be on the weak side and clamor for more buffs to them.

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,295 posts
8,554 battles

Wait...not only do people still think the Stalingrad is OP....some people are actually saying the Moskva is OP as well?  :cap_wander:

[T-CF]
Members
551 posts
3,130 battles
2 hours ago, Seniorious said:

This. Can't begin to imagine how many exactly, But Massachusetts, Georgia, Ohio, Missouri, Benham, Somers, Black, Alaska, West Virginia, Arizona, Saipan (at least previously), eh that's enough for a reasonable example. The US is loaded with excellent premiums, and France owns the other top two premium battleships per the Jean Bart and Bourgogne, which are still unique ships thanks to their low caliber but extreme RoF, speed boost, high gun performance for their caliber, Reload Booster, and overall strong designs that lend themselves to high AA and secondary power as well. 

Anyhow, as for the soviet ships I would list as overpowered: 
Sinop
Kremlin 
Stalingrad
Smolensk
Moskva  

No one uses the older overpowered premiums enough for anyone to care, and no one really blinks twice about OP USN ships, or the French. 
Worcester does the same thing as Smolensk with even better tools than smoke making it a slightly higher skill level but far more dangerous, but that's A-ok. 
Meanwhile IJN and KMS ships are left being just ok, decently strong at best. As it is, Scharnhorst and Tirpitz are still money rakers. 
Really wish WG would leave the Hindenberg's reload alone, how many times are they going to nerf and rebuff it?! Leave it now! Rebalance other ships with that same gusto! 

The USN is loaded with very good premiums but they normally have some negatives of there own (like the GA not having the AB-X triple barrel setup) so they’re only really strong because of the gimmicks. Some still use some of the old strong premiums. The Arizona is just really good and might be the strongest USN BB premium (tier for tier of course) with GA, Mass, and Wichita (I like the ship don’t judge) but Worcester is a tech ship while Smolensk is a premium. When something is a premium that is blatantly broken that’s where people start drawing the line.

IJN is just good. They have the Fury Taco, Mogami, Atago, Ibuki, Zao, as well as the Yamato, all the IJN gunboats, Musashi, and the Ashitaka (of whatever that premium one is that kinda looks like the Hood). In the mean time the KM only has GK, Hindenburg, Roon, Prinz Eugen, Nürnberg, Königsberg, Scharnhorst, and  Tirpitz. The KM needs a lot of help.

However the ships that normally don’t get rebalanced are the RUs so calling it biased isn’t unfair despite that other nations can survive the power creep although the French and German are getting power creeped or even more power creeped.