You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
rpgotaku

CV from a newish player (and not a good player either)

6 comments in this topic

Members
38 posts
1,276 battles

So i just got lexington 3 days ago and have been put into tier 10 matches  and i can say without a doubt CV are not fun at high tiers.  So you need to understand,  i am not a great player, i would considers myself sub par to normal since i have only played this game for 2 months. And contrary to all youtube vids hitting DDs with tiny tims and dive bombers isn't that easy, infact i would almost say its near impossible to hit with dive bombers at my skill level.  To me dive bombers are a waste of a squadron, i just wish i could use other planes.   And what i find  very interesting at least at the higher tier matches, is that people actually are smart enough to stay near each other and there AA is just to much  to get even one attack out.  Now i will say that in the lexington, when put in a tier 10 match, certain ships in a 1 vs 1 fight will destroy an entire squadron before i can even get the attack off.  Now i have watched vids on youtube saying to sway back and forth to throw off flack, and even with a heal, i am lucky to get anything off.   Now to me this isn't exactly fun and i am sure practice will improve my game somewhat, but honestly i don't think i want  to put the effort in considering everyone is so toxic towards a CV.  Its funny i will have my ship on the east side of the map, supporting dds on that side, maybe disrupt a cap in the center,  and then the west side players will yell at me for not scouting or giving them aa.  I know planes are fast but i can't be at 2 places at once.  As any other ship in the game you can be as brain dead as you want and no one will say a word to you,  but not play a cv like someone wants you to you will get a ear full.  

Now lets the flames begin, but that is my 2 cents.  

Edited by rpgotaku
  • Cool 2

[TF16B]
Modder
426 posts
607 battles
14 minutes ago, rpgotaku said:

I know planes are fast but i can't be at 2 places at once.

When there's two CV's in the match "why are there two CV'S?!" :Smile_veryhappy:

[HINON]
Members
11,614 posts

Slingshot can get at least one attack through most AA with DB. You also may have to use cover to mask your approach from AA to succeed and also spot more when bottom tier.

Edited by RipNuN2

Members
38 posts
1,276 battles

but isn't that really just a exploit? seems kinda odd that people need to rely on a exploit. 

• Cool 2

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
2,111 posts
19,694 battles

Being up tiered is more about playing support at first.

Spot your enemies, disrupt enemy DDs capping, and drop fighters for a bit only attacking on lone targets. During the late stage of the game, after HE has been slung in mass, AA will be reduced and more ships will be solo. That's your time to shine, mid to late game clean up. 

Also, if AA is giving you a hard time, start off with your rockets to knock out a few AA mounts before following through with other ordnance. This also works great for stacking fires and floods and you should run the flags for bonuses to starting either.

When it comes to using dive bombers better, pay attention to the actual drop time. You may have to lead, especially on destroyers. 

Edited by Skuggsja

[KAPPA]
Members
1,780 posts
6,615 battles
1 hour ago, rpgotaku said:

As any other ship in the game you can be as brain dead as you want and no one will say a word to you,  but not play a cv like someone wants you to you will get a ear full.

Unless you're a DD not in the cap!

Honestly, this game isn't what I'd call endgame oriented. Play the tier you wanna play. If you suck at T8, play T6. If you suck at T6, play T4.

What is seal clubbing when you are a seal?

That said, lining up dive bombers isn't too hard if you brake. You are much more maneuverable while going slower. Just takes a little practice. Adjust your aim with mouse once you're only a little off target. More important is learning what ships not to attack.

However, if you don't like dive bombers, for your own sanity's sake do not get Midway. Her torpedoes are terrible, meaning you will mostly be using rockets and dive bombers.