You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
KilljoyCutter

0.8.9 Audio -- Volume Changed Again?

6 comments in this topic

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts

Is anyone else finding that their guns and some other sounds are once again louder for the same slider settings, after installing 0.8.9?

Members
206 posts
2,310 battles

Not that I have noticed...   all sounds the same to me today as it did yesterday.

Edited by BadWolfz

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts

I had my gun volume tweaked so that I could hear my secondaries and AA, without the main guns blowing out my ears.

Now, I can either keep my hearing, or hear the non-main guns firing. 

[WAR-S]
[WAR-S]
Members
59 posts
17,055 battles

Didn't notice that, but I can hardly hear my collision alarm these days.  Any suggestions to turn it up?  Which control now is in control of that sound?

[WOLFC]
Members
2,882 posts
16,365 battles
14 minutes ago, speed0293 said:

Didn't notice that, but I can hardly hear my collision alarm these days.  Any suggestions to turn it up?  Which control now is in control of that sound?

The Collision Warning used to be under the Interface Volume ... along with a lot of other sounds ... I haven't retested all sounds since the lastest update so I can't confirm whether or not it may have moved.

Keep in mind there IS a hierarchy in the Volume Slider controls ... i.e. Interface Volume is also controlled by the SFX Volume above it ... which is also controlled by the General Volume above that.

Edited by DocWalker
  • Cool 1

[WAR-S]
[WAR-S]
Members
59 posts
17,055 battles

Thank you. Nice, informative response. 

Hope they restore some individual functionality to these controls.  The avoidance alarm is almost useless in a battle now.  Just too much going on to assure the visual warning is enough.  Just my opinion.

• Cool 1