Gneisenau013

Update 0.8.9 - Bugs Report

143 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,480 posts
8,433 battles

Ahoy Fleet!

The Update 0.8.9 is here, so please provide any bug reports you may encounter here. 

Please also check our little guide on how to report a bug here: 

Spoiler

If you're fairly certain you've encountered a bug, we'd like to encourage you to submit it to the Game Support section of the WoWS ticket queues, within a section where bugs are asked for, or to create a post within this sub-forum.

Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

I do ask that you please provide any and all information that you can when reporting an issue. 

Something that I have noticed that really helps in tracking this sort of thing is if you fill out the following information: 

Issue: This is where you should explain the problem that you're having.

Expected Result: Tell us what should be happening.
How to Replicate: Give us exampleson
 how to reproduce this bug.
Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: Screenshots and Replays go a long way, so having this ready to go will really help. 

Just some friendly reminders of what a bug is NOT:

An aspect of game design that you disagree with ("This ship needs to be buffed" "That ship needs to be nerfed" "The ocean is the wrong shade of blue")
Items that you feel are missing from your account (almost always this is a problem with your payment method for premium stuff or an interface confusion for the rest)
Historical Inaccuracies
Issues related to your installed mods. - Remove your mods, if you gave any, and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit.
We reserve the right to add to this list :trollface :

Forgot to mention, Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

For each report Please make sure to attach WG Check tool report to your reports! That will help us to better understand the nature of the issue you're experiencing.

You can find the instructions on how to use that tool here: 

Spoiler

Below I have included a download link to our WG Check tool. This diagnostic tool can be used for World of Tanks, World of Warships, and World of Warplanes.

This tool can be used as a way to run a diagnostic check on your game client, check to see if you're missing any game files (it will try and repair them if possible), and to gather necessary information our support team might need to address any tech/bug related issues. 

Once you have downloaded it, open the zip file and run the WGCheck.exe. After it has launched, please select the World of Warships icon and locate its directory. The default location is **C:\Games\World_of_Warships**

- Check the box labeled, *Add game client to the firewall exceptions*.

- Check the box labeled, *Extended network diagnostics*.

- Start the integrity check by selecting the orange *Start Diagnostics* button.

Be patient, it will take some time to finish.

In many instances, this should repair or at the very least diagnose what issue you may be having. 

If it doesn't resolve your issue, then I would like to ask that you please submit a support ticket to our CS team and please send us the WGCheck log that generates after the program has completed its check.

If the file size is too large for the support system, you may have to place it within a .zip file.

Lastly, if you have any mods installed on your PC, please remove them and run the check tool again (check your game client as well to see if removing the mod helped) before sending your info to us here in support. 

If you're trying to report any technical issue, please make sure to attach WG Check report to your posts. 

If you'd like to leave feedback on the latest content or updates, you can drop them here!

#anchorsaweigh

[WOLFB]
Members
94 posts
9,860 battles

Using Bionic permacamo on a Saint Louis, I'm getting big red FAIL signs in yellow boxes above the ship when I fire. I didn't have time to screenshot or look too carefully, was in a battle. But I think I noticed that there wasn't any of the blue muzzle flash this camo normally has. Will try again.

EDIT: Ok got it going again. I think it started happening when I hit the speed boost. There's no smoke coming out of the funnel. It's just a trail of FAILs instead.

Perhaps this is some WG commentary on the state of French cruisers? :p

shot-19.10.16_22.34.16-0797.jpg

Edited by KT09
  • Cool 1

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts

How bout fixing the problems with the high pings and constant disconnects in the game that would be extremely nice.  Right now the game is practically UN playable for people.  I was disconnected 6 times in one match.  So yea I'm not playing again until that's fixed.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[O_O]
Members
5,705 posts
13,094 battles
14 minutes ago, OldSaltyOne said:

How bout fixing the problems with the high pings and constant disconnects in the game that would be extremely nice.  Right now the game is practically UN playable for people.  I was disconnected 6 times in one match.  So yea I'm not playing again until that's fixed.

If it was an 'everyone' problem, there would be A LOT of feedback about it.  Since there isn't, I'm going to assume it's a 'you' problem.  WG can't fix issues with your PC or your ISP.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 3

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts

@desmo_2 [edited] I don't have any issues what so ever with my own personal pc.  No problems what so ever.  Other players have had disconnect problems in the game this morning as well.  My ISP is fine and no problems there either so yea the disconnect problems are on wargamings end.  Why don't you ask around before you jump down my throat saying its a problem with my equipment when I know its not mmmk.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[O_O]
Members
5,705 posts
13,094 battles
Just now, OldSaltyOne said:

Why don't you ask around before you jump down my throat saying its a problem with my equipment when I know its not mmmk.

Whoa, slow your roll, tiger.  I didn't "jump down your throat".

I have been on the forum most of the morning and haven't seen a single post with your same issue.  I have been playing all morning and have had no issues on my end.  Therefore, I am concluding the problem is on your end.

My apologies if you took offense to something I said.

• Boring 1
  • Angry 2

Members
44 posts
6,809 battles

Battle results on the right of the screen wont clear after battle, tried a bunch of things but the details stay until you leave client and go back in again.

image.thumb.png.54e9264e156adcf241b4d28b927256f7.png

• Cool 1

[MIA-I]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
1,278 posts
13,225 battles

Arsenal is really super slow and doesn't allow me to buy anything with Italian tokens.

Most everything else, including the news windows, seems to be fine.

• Cool 1

[JASH]
Supertester
244 posts
7,245 battles

In the new patch the camouflages got updated and now also covers "minor" objects and AA mounts on ships.

On the permanent camouflage for the T10 French Destroyer Kléber something went wrong though. The texture is missing on both the regular and the alternate color scheme.

As you can see in the screenshots there is some text that I assume should not be there. I did run a check&repair to make sure it is not on my end and the problem persists after.

I also checked other French alternate camos but the Kléber was the only one with that problem.

shot-19.10.16_19.07.14-0468.jpg

shot-19.10.16_19.07.17-0495.jpg

shot-19.10.16_19.07.22-0311.jpg

shot-19.10.16_19.07.27-0514.jpg

edit: upon further investigation there are multiple ships missing textures.

Here is the Des Moines "Freedom" camo as another example.

shot-19.10.16_19.43.14-0961.jpg

Lexington "Ice and Flame" camo is missing the textures on the AA mounts aswell.

shot-19.10.16_19.45.02-0814.jpg

Edited by tmGrunty

[ICOP]
Members
1,042 posts
15,264 battles

Armor values are not displaying at all for me, on any ship. I think I read in the patch notes that something was being done to ensure the armor values were not hidden behind the carousel. But now I can't get any armor info at all beyond the color. In the image below, I have the cursor over the front portion of the ship, which should be showing me the armor thickness in mm, but that is only highlighting that section of armor, displaying nothing.

Respects,

Am

5b9bFd8.jpg

*EDIT: Closed game, ran Modstation (which was updated before taking the above screen shot), selected Play w/o Mods, and entered the game. Problem is gone. Not sure which mod is causing the trouble, but seems plain it was one of the mods.

**EDIT #2: After testing, the Modstation function "Session Stats" in port modifications is what was causing the inability to see armor measurements when hovering over the various sections of armor plating. Once I shut that one down, the problem resolved. - Am

Edited by Amracil
  • Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
14 posts
3,587 battles

Backing up the comment posted earlier, Seems all of the Bionic Permas display "FAIL" Textures inside a Yellow Box with an Exclamation Mark when Speed Boost is Activated.
Screenshot is Galisson with the Bionic Camo equipped.

1.jpg

• Cool 1

[FU8AR]
Members
16 posts

Port lag 20+ seconds, Slow get into News in upper left, Slow get into Clan tab, Slow get into Armory, Cant get into Recruit Station, and have to Task Manager to get out of the game - ALSO wrong Flags on ships (I used the bonus American flag with Irish Shamrock as 2nd BUT shows a Steam flag and a Scales flag and I dont even own one PLUS a permanent 1.5 long American flag on the UK Monarch) - also did the check & repair as well 2x - great update

Monarch Flags Wrong 16 Oct 2019.jpg

Edited by Viphins

[FU8AR]
Members
16 posts
4 hours ago, OldSaltyOne said:

I totally agree with you - fix the basics first instead of all this superficial junk thats not needed atm

• Cool 2

[WOLF8]
Members
322 posts
8,194 battles

Selecting the Halloween ops scenario completely resets my port carousel selections.

[PHD]
Members
16 posts
5,959 battles

When I go to Settings I get video scrambling.

At first I thought it might be a feature of the Halloween theme - maybe something from Poltergeist?

settings.png

Edited by Potohto928

[PQUOD]
Members
25 posts
10,041 battles

Can't log in.

Says my e mail or password is invalid. 

I know it is right.

🤬🤬🤯🤯

[ZOO]
Beta Testers
17 posts
1,468 battles

had a few games tonight . and the ships captain just would not change when I changed ship . shot-19_10.16_21_44.53-0203.thumb.jpg.6dd558c53ea0c958b311188e4b2ca3d7.jpgshot-19_10.16_22_10.22-0113.thumb.jpg.1e7865a62a09d6ec1c09ddda75ea62ab.jpg

and I could not put camo on my Hemlin ? shot-19_10.16_22_22.54-0734.thumb.jpg.63b6e623f87a8fa7dce25dce8d8a4f63.jpg

but it said there was camo on it .... but it was naked .

it seamed to clear after a reboot of the game . but I thought I had better let you know .  

• Cool 1

[STA_]
Members
1 post
3,549 battles

(0.8.9 patch day) every time I load into a random battle the virtual camera will not leave the starting position and will not move with my ship. i can try to provide a snipped screenshot if that would help.

[BHSN]
Members
2,562 posts
4,072 battles

the game is not shutting down properly.

i exit the game and i still see port screen for a little.

i have to ctrl alt delete out and close the process for the game to completely close. 

• Cool 3

[R-F]
Members
233 posts
10,028 battles

I am not sure this is the proper location for this, but the game is taking significantly longer to tab in and out if the game. I briefly asked around and had a clanmate confirm this behavior was also happening for him. The only mode I tried so far was the Halloween one, it could have been related to that. 

[FLNVY]
Members
3 posts
5,519 battles

Hey everyone, my first post on here.

So, since the new update I am having an issue I never encountered previously. My aiming reticle jumps instead of smoothly moving in the direction I am aiming. It doesn't seem to be majorly affecting anything but overall the shots seem to be a bit behind from time to time if I attempt to fire right as the reticle gets on target after moving. 

I play on not the best PC but i keep my graphics set to low/medium and have everything dumbed down to the point the game always ran smoothly in the past.

I've tried resetting the settings to different qualities, restarting the game, restarting computer, resetting modem.

Can't seem to fix it.

Thanks for any input :)

[RRC]
Beta Testers
838 posts
13,580 battles

The client refuses to close out when I confirm that I want to exit the game and leaves about a dozen or so instances of various processes that all are WarGaming processes. Task manager refuses to let me close any of them and the only way to shut them down is to restart my PC.

• Cool 1

Members
312 posts
11,968 battles
2 hours ago, scruffycavetroll said:

the game is not shutting down properly.

i exit the game and i still see port screen for a little.

i have to ctrl alt delete out and close the process for the game to completely close. 

Same here, click to exit and then have to click it again...but the game is still percolating away in the background.

[USCGC]
Members
435 posts
3,751 battles

I have a small issue at times with the audio that supposed to play when you press the F-keys in battle (ex. F10 good luck)

This has happened with both 8.8.0, 8.8.1, and now 8.9. With and without mods installed.

The issue I've noticed is that sometimes when I push an F key, the voice will not play. I'll hear the radio static play every time, but the voice part may or may not play. I am using the national voiceover in the sound settings and it doesn't matter what country ship I am in. Sometimes it works normal, others times it doesn't.