You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
littlejo1983

WG can you chill please?

67 comments in this topic

[-BSS-]
Members
180 posts
11,363 battles

You know I liked having clan battles and ranked seasons alternating and having some time between the 2. Now though we have ranked and clan battles happening at the same time with ranked sprints and events thrown in at the same time. So can y'all just chill please? I get that some people don't play ranked or clan battles but some of us do all of it (or at least we try to). Can we go back to alternating clan wars and ranked seasons and maybe doing ranked sprints and events in between or overlapping some instead of running at the same time? It's just getting to be a bit much at times and I'd hate to miss out on something for lack of time. 

• Cool 13

[R-F]
Members
1,534 posts
9,023 battles

8 days advanced notice on Clan Battles and they're not even giving us any details yet besides the fact that it's 8v8.  No tier, no info on if there'll be carriers (and if so, will they use the "carriers only provide minimap spotting for teammates" mechanic that they were testing out?).  Nice.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
[SALVO]
Members
526 posts
4,742 battles
1 minute ago, Brhinosaurus said:

8 days advanced notice on Clan Battles and they're not even giving us any details yet besides the fact that it's 8v8.  No tier, no info on if there'll be carriers (and if so, will they use the "carriers only provide minimap spotting for teammates" mechanic that they were testing out?).  Nice.

Wait what?  another CB season is starting?  Sorry I can't find the announcement. Do you have a link ? 

[R-F]
Members
1,534 posts
9,023 battles
1 minute ago, eviltane said:

Wait what?  another CB season is starting?  Sorry I can't find the announcement. Do you have a link ? 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-089-italian-cruisers/

The seventh season of Clan Battles, codenamed "Crash Zone Alpha," will be held between October 23 and December 8 in an "8 vs. 8" format.

More details about the rules of the Season and its rewards will follow in a separate article on our website.

[SALVO]
[SALVO]
Members
526 posts
4,742 battles
1 minute ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Thanks Brhino !!!   but :    Ahhhh this is stupid.     They should be pushed back at least another month and run over Christmas again like last year.  

[R-F]
Members
1,534 posts
9,023 battles
1 minute ago, eviltane said:

Thanks Brhino !!!   but :    Ahhhh this is stupid.     They should be pushed back at least another month and run over Christmas again like last year.  

WG's business model and understanding of their customers seems to be telling them that they absolutely have to keep us engaged, one event after the other, often overlapping.  I guess they think if they let things sit still for too long we'll all stop playing, or at least stop spending money.  I don't know.  I find it overwhelming personally.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SALVO]
[SALVO]
Members
526 posts
4,742 battles
Just now, Brhinosaurus said:

I find it overwhelming personally.

Yes very much so !  I mean we just got done with a months break and I was going to organize some scrimms,  get callers into training rooms etc. Now we might as well give them the rest of this week off again as ill be putting the pressure on to show up 4 times a week again for a month and a half.

@FemennenIy   I know this wasn't your decision but if you could please pass on that more break time and especially  more notice would be greatly appreciated.   It takes a while to get my dudes organized and warmed up ,  they almost all work and have family lives etc and having to put the screws to their thumbs so quickly again puts stress on internal structures of the clans.    

• Cool 1

[H_]
Members
2,604 posts
9 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

WG's business model and understanding of their customers seems to be telling them that they absolutely have to keep us engaged, one event after the other, often overlapping.  I guess they think if they let things sit still for too long we'll all stop playing, or at least stop spending money.  I don't know.  I find it overwhelming personally.

Throughput is revenue to them.....  It will only get worse when the "gimmick modes" start up...........and, that is, in point of fact, how they make money...  More = revenue.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
7,879 posts

It's not just Clan Battles and Ranked.

It's also the non-step Events and Directives and whatnot. 

Wargaming REALLY needs to back off a bit and do the big grindy Events every other month.

• Cool 5

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,739 posts
3,610 battles

I adore this game dearly, but I am starting to burn out of it hard. One event an update was already pushing it, now we are looking at arcs, CBs, ranked, personal grinding for Ohio...

The list just never ends!

• Cool 2

[PHASE]
Members
4,951 posts
16,654 battles

I don't see the problem. Is not having more to do better than less? I understand the burnout issue but I am burned out of randoms and enjoy the campaigns and ranked play. 

You don't have to play Clan battles even if they are offered?

• Cool 4

[SUCIT]
Members
439 posts
14,559 battles
30 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

the video accompanying the patch notes stated T10, no CVs, and up to two BBs.

• Cool 2

[R-F]
Members
1,534 posts
9,023 battles
1 minute ago, tfcas119 said:

the video accompanying the patch notes stated T10, no CVs, and up to two BBs.

Thanks!  I would not have thought to look for the video.  I avoid video news as much as possible.  Just give me the text and let me get through it at my own pace.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,224 posts
31 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

It's not just Clan Battles and Ranked.

It's also the non-step Events and Directives and whatnot. 

Wargaming REALLY needs to back off a bit and do the big grindy Events every other month.

They have an engagement problem. And they seem to think that spamming unending events and competition will somehow solve it.......:Smile_sceptic:

• Angry 1

Developers
358 posts
63 battles
53 minutes ago, littlejo1983 said:

You know I liked having clan battles and ranked seasons alternating and having some time between the 2. Now though we have ranked and clan battles happening at the same time with ranked sprints and events thrown in at the same time. So can y'all just chill please? I get that some people don't play ranked or clan battles but some of us do all of it (or at least we try to). Can we go back to alternating clan wars and ranked seasons and maybe doing ranked sprints and events in between or overlapping some instead of running at the same time? It's just getting to be a bit much at times and I'd hate to miss out on something for lack of time. 

It was almost 0 this morning, we are pretty chill.
But not everyone is playing CB, and not everyone is playing ranked. So, we give you ability to choose what events do you want to participate in, instead of just wayting, while those other players are having fun.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 4

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,739 posts
3,610 battles
5 minutes ago, Umbaretz said:

But not everyone is playing CB, and not everyone is playing ranked. So, we give you ability to choose what events do you want to participate in, instead of just wayting, while those other players are having fun.

At the cost of burning out your dedicated playerbase!

In the end WG is in it to prolong game longevity so I still have faith in your best judgement, but these rapid fire events are a lot of development and hype just to burn a lot of people out.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
7,520 posts
17,987 battles
3 minutes ago, _BBaby said:

At the cost of burning out your dedicated playerbase!

3 minutes ago, _BBaby said:

but these rapid fire events are a lot of development and hype just to burn a lot of people out.

For everything offered in the game participation is voluntary so if anyone gets burnt out it is because they choose to get burnt out.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[R-F]
Members
1,534 posts
9,023 battles
14 minutes ago, Umbaretz said:

I guess the question is how many people have the attitude "I hope there is always an event going on so there's something to do, but I don't mind if I can't do all of them" and how many people have the attitude "I want complete every event, and claim every reward, and if there are too many I get frustrated".  From my experience it's mostly the latter, but maybe being in one of the top competitive clans means I'm dealing with a different group of people than the average customer.  

Edited by Brhinosaurus
  • Cool 1

[NGAGE]
Members
3,685 posts
8,762 battles
1 hour ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Jokes on them, I'm so burned out on WoWS I barely am excited about my favorite game mode (Clan Battles).

• Cool 3

[NGAGE]
Members
3,685 posts
8,762 battles
20 minutes ago, Umbaretz said:

This is the most underrated post :cap_cool:

[OGRES]
Members
1,653 posts
3,671 battles

How society is. They want everything now.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
398 posts
7,506 battles
1 hour ago, eviltane said:

. . . They should be pushed back at least another month . . .

1 hour ago, eviltane said:

. . . more break time . . . would be greatly appreciated. . .

1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

. . . Wargaming REALLY needs to back off a bit and do the big grindy Events every other month.

spreadsheet say otherwise, comrades

[CAG-1]
Members
1,865 posts
42 minutes ago, Umbaretz said:

Agreed. Nobody is forcing these people to do clan battles and all the events.

They can simply dip out if they want.

Infact, I think clan battles should be a more permanent game mode like it was in Halo 2. (I'm old school, but Halo 2 had the best clan battles I can think of)

[FFLY]
Members
159 posts
9,475 battles

I think the video said two battleships were allowed

[RLGN]
Members
11,491 posts
20,429 battles
41 minutes ago, Umbaretz said:

I’m playing neither atm? One is a competitive mode (a mode type I couldn’t care less about,) my clan is too small for, and the other a competitive mode having no more use than being a means to add another flag to my collection.