You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Quor_Dresden

Credits....Whats the trick?

54 comments in this topic

Members
279 posts
1,297 battles

I am newish to the game, up to tier 6 so far. I am now running into a problem with running out of credits. I have not spent any on any captains or extra stuff, just used to install upgrades and pay for resupply. I have far more xp to use then credits to cover the upgrades or new ships they can unlock.

So whats the trick. Is it just part of the micro transaction scam or am i missing something? I did pay for a premium account, I would think that would be more then enough to cover basic game play up the tech trees.

I do use the flags and camo i get, but the ones that boost credits seem in far less supply then the many others that boost xp. 

I know the premium ships offer some nice bonuses. So am i stuck forking out money for a high tier premium ship just to farm some basic credits? kinda lame if so.... Can i just raise taxes to cover my warmongering?

[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
20,558 battles
  1. Premium Time (you already have it)
  2. Economic signals (if you can afford them.  You can get them with coal in the Armory)
  3. Camo with credit benefit
  4. Premium ships if you have them.
  5. Run Randoms and Operations with the signals and credit mounted on Premium ships. 

#5 will maximize your returns.  

Edited by ClassicLib
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
13,429 posts
12,860 battles

The simplistic answer is to play at tiers where you make money. 

Other things:

Don't go up too many lines at once.  This is a big credit drain.

Premium consumables can cost as much as the service fee.  Watch how much you are spending per match.

Part of this game ends up being accounting to locate your expenditures.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
25,680 posts
19,754 battles

This has happened to me a fair bit, and I've been in the game two years.

Advice:

1) Stop getting new ships for a bit. Sit on your grinds once you unlock them. At Tier 6 you're getting to the point where every ship plus its upgrades is taking a fair few million credits out of your balance every time. 

2) Play Operations/Scenarios a lot.

3)Take the risk of leaving premium consumables at home.

4) Co-op can be surprisingly lucrative if you spam battle after battle and do well in them. On a basis of credits earned per time spent, you can actually do pretty well.

2 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Part of this game ends up being accounting to locate your expenditures.

This. I've actually got records stretching back into 2018, showing how much each ship earned per battle after service cost deductions. When selling a ship, I would make sure the sale price plus the cash it brought in had exceeded what I paid for it. I actually ran my French cruisers all the way up from T2 to T5 without mounting any upgrade modules, so that by the time I ground them out, they'd paid for themselves.

4 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

It's not the going up multiple lines that does it to you; it's when the grinds all fall due close together. Hence my advice to OP to slow down on acquiring the next ship. Yes, you should have at least one of each type of ship to at least T5 for directives and preferably T6 for operations, but after that you need to consolidate.

9 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:
  •  
  • Economic signals (if you can afford them.  You can get them with coal in the Armory)
  • Camo with credit benefit

My advice would be to save those for major cash grinds with narrow time windows. Just keep on plugging on. Resources crates give quite a few valuable economic flags alongside coal and FXP, and are probably your best bet IMHO.

• Cool 1

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
24,164 battles
16 minutes ago, Qubert321 said:

I am now running into a problem with running out of credits.

Go back and play tier 1 ships. They earn credits and XP without any cost.

• Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
1,616 posts
44,684 battles

Save coal for premium T-5 ships and up.

Save free xp for premium ships.

Play a lot of mid tier games.5,6

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
13,429 posts
12,860 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's not the going up multiple lines that does it to you; it's when the grinds all fall due close together. Hence my advice to OP to slow down on acquiring the next ship. Yes, you should have at least one of each type of ship to at least T5 for directives and preferably T6 for operations, but after that you need to consolidate.

Better explanation than mine.  At low tiers it is easy to be buying and fitting out many ships at the same time. 

[CLARE]
Members
572 posts

Coop in t6 dd. You can go naked. Kill 2-4 bots. Make silver. Grind-y, but what else will you do with your evening. 

join dedicated group to run ops. Never run ops with random people.   There is operations chat channel in the game. 

check inventory in the game. It gives you option to sell stuff. Just about anything in there can be sold. I sold a bunch of spotting planes that I collected through daily chains and crates. 

buy 1 year  premium time when it goes on sale for Christmas. 

[SALVO]
Members
3,718 posts
7,571 battles
39 minutes ago, Qubert321 said:

I am newish to the game, up to tier 6 so far. I am now running into a problem with running out of credits. I have not spent any on any captains or extra stuff, just used to install upgrades and pay for resupply. I have far more xp to use then credits to cover the upgrades or new ships they can unlock.

So whats the trick. Is it just part of the micro transaction scam or am i missing something? I did pay for a premium account, I would think that would be more then enough to cover basic game play up the tech trees.

I do use the flags and camo i get, but the ones that boost credits seem in far less supply then the many others that boost xp. 

I know the premium ships offer some nice bonuses. So am i stuck forking out money for a high tier premium ship just to farm some basic credits? kinda lame if so.... Can i just raise taxes to cover my warmongering?

Hey buddy. You are missing something. 

Prem account and flags when you can are great.   You don’t „Have too“ buy a premium ship.  I myself never did use one to get my first T10 by 1000 games.   However you are getting into the territory where you will need to play some extra games to earn credits.    Since no one has said anything to you about how money is actually earned yet let’s discuss that. 

premium account = multiplier

flags and camo = multiplier 

premium ship = multiplier ( and not a huge one always  , can’t even get the best credit ship anymore). 

but what is the actually foundation that determines the base money stat? 

The foundation for credits earned  is damage done. Wins only factor into XP not credits.

Doing more Damage to other ships is the fastest way to boost income. 

Also doing damage to ships higher tier then you is worth more credits then ships at your tier or lower. 

You can also do a little saving of credits if you want by only running the damage control party (fire extinguisher) as the “premium” consumable at low tiers. 

It does not matter if you are dead at the end of a match. After battle service costs are always the same for each ship whether you take no damage or 50% damage or you are dead. 

So my suggestion at this point for you is to focus on your play,  survive longer, set more fires and do more damage. Don’t rush up the lines too fast.  Because playing matches is the game. 

The economic sweet spot is tier 8 higher then that you make comparatively  less money as service costs for the ships increase greatly at tier 9 and 10. Especially with premium you can still make good credits at those  tier but you need to do more damage. 

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 2

[WOLF7]
Members
12,615 posts
33 minutes ago, Qubert321 said:

Rushing up the tiers isn't going to help you make credits.

Members
279 posts
1,297 battles
18 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Premium consumables can cost as much as the service fee.  Watch how much you are spending per match.

I am guilty of to many ship lines at once for sure. But that also seems to be part of the problem on the dev side of this. Xp earned should be equal to credits earned to cover any upgrades, and then some for maybe buying a few other things.

I have not used premium consumables yet. I know i have earned some through missions, but have not used credits on them ever.

14 minutes ago, cecill611 said:

Save coal for premium T-5 ships and up.

Save free xp for premium ships.

Play a lot of mid tier games.5,6

This is in my plans. I dont see getting much higher in tiers anytime soon, and i have my sites set of some ships with the coal i been saving. Not sure whats the best bang for the buck yet. Any tips on premium ships?

7 minutes ago, eviltane said:

The foundation for credits earned  is damage done. Wins only factor into XP not credits.

Wow, good to know, i was not sure how it worked. I assumed it had to do with the more you did in game. example: ships scouted, fires started, citadels hit, base captured, etc.

[WOLFG]
Members
1,191 posts

You already have Premium time.  That is a fair starting point.  Levels five and six should be money makers for you.  You are going to have to grind for things you want...credits, premium ships etc.  That is the nature of the game.  You don't need to spend hard cash if you are willing to put in  the time.  

[SALVO]
Members
3,718 posts
7,571 battles
1 minute ago, Qubert321 said:

Wow, good to know, i was not sure how it worked. I assumed it had to do with the more you did in game. example: ships scouted, fires started, citadels hit, base captured, et

Yep only damage done.  Though fires help with that ofcourse . 

[-AGW-]
Members
1,084 posts
18,769 battles

300 battles and already at T6? Dude, take your time. No need to rush. Get gud with a couple of ships at T4-T7 and watch the credits roll in. The best way to earn more credits is to place top three on your team and winning the match! 

[WAP]
Members
615 posts
16,490 battles

Go to the WOWS Wiki page for the fundamental game knowledge about spotting, gunnery, armor, penetration, GAME ECONOMICS, and a lot of other topics. Then search the forum for topics from @LittleWhiteMouse in maximizing your win rate, ship information, and all around application of game knowledge from the wiki.

Comp. #WV44

Members
279 posts
1,297 battles
14 minutes ago, NashW8 said:

300 battles and already at T6? Dude, take your time.

haha! I used to play Steel Ocean. Nothing really matted much or was all that fun till you got to the mid tiers. I got 3 tier 5s and had to go tier 6 with the carrier because for some odd reason they skip tiers.

Sounds like i need to stick with what i got and enjoy it for a while. Thanks everyone for the replies, and thanks for not newb trashing me :)

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,970 posts
23,360 battles

Try switching to another ship type and see if the problem goes away. CVs have poorly tuned economics right now, and it appears that may be what's getting you.

• Cool 1

Members
279 posts
1,297 battles
2 minutes ago, TheCompGuy25 said:

Go to the WOWS Wiki page for the fundamental game knowledge about spotting, gunnery, armor, penetration, GAME ECONOMICS, and a lot of other topics. Then search the forum for topics from @LittleWhiteMouse in maximizing your win rate, ship information, and all around application of game knowledge from the wiki.

I have been soaking up some info as i go. Looking up things here and there. Not ready to go all hardcore yet and learn the ins and outs of each ship, but thanks, i will check it out.

Members
279 posts
1,297 battles
2 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Try switching to another ship type and see if the problem goes away. CVs have poorly tuned economics right now, and it appears that may be what's getting you.

my 3 tier 5s are battleship, cruiser, and destroyer. I play around with all.

After reading these replies i did some test runs doing some quick co-op. My cruiser seems like a decent money maker. With both torps and constant rain of shell it can dish it out with less worry then i have with my destroyer, and far better movement then my battleship.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,268 posts
22,545 battles
1 hour ago, eviltane said:

Doing more Damage to other ships is the fastest way to boost income.

While this is true, there is a 'but' that goes here. What matters isn't total damage done, but proportional damage done.

IE, doing 50k damage sounds fine, but taking 10k from 5 ships that have 60k hp each means you get barely any credits.

You get more credits for taking a large proportion of a ship's hitpoints.

So you get more credits for doing 30 to a 35k hp ship than for doing 50k spread over 5x 60k hp ships.

Also, you have 300 battles and are already at tier 6. While there is nothing wrong with this per say, it does show that you are going up the tiers pretty quickly. There's nothing wrong with slowing down a bit and enjoying the game for what it is. It's not a race to T10, the game is what happens while you are playing.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,970 posts
23,360 battles
5 minutes ago, Qubert321 said:

my 3 tier 5s are battleship, cruiser, and destroyer. I play around with all.

I was going by the wows-stats record for your account, which shows Langley making up 25% of your account's Random games.

6 minutes ago, Qubert321 said:

After reading these replies i did some test runs doing some quick co-op. My cruiser seems like a decent money maker. With both torps and constant rain of shell it can dish it out with less worry then i have with my destroyer, and far better movement then my battleship.

Glad you're having fun. Good luck!

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Premium consumables can cost as much as the service fee. 

I thought those didn't exist anymore?

[DERP]
Beta Testers
64 posts
4,267 battles

As previously mentioned co-op can be worthwhile, mainly on off peak hours and to finish event missions, etc.  You have to be extremely careful with co-op however.  It's easy to make little money or lose money in co-op if you aren't paying attention to your ship.  Non-premium ships can really suffer in credit making in co-op and a great co-op win is still much lower than an above average random battle win, it's just way easier and more mindless.  Non premium tier 10s can really lose you money in co-op if you aren't running premium time and aren't vastly overperforming, which can be hard to do when you are the only non-bot and the enemy bots all yolo you. 

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,628 posts
4,774 battles
On 10/14/2019 at 10:57 AM, DrHolmes52 said:

Premium consumables can cost as much as the service fee. 

This is a bigger deal than most people realize.  I rarely run any premium consumables. 

On 10/14/2019 at 10:52 AM, Qubert321 said:

I am now running into a problem with running out of credits.

That is normal.  When you get up to Tier VIII or so and the grinds get longer, your Credits will start to build.  Only to be eaten by the huge costs of the T9 and T10 ships.  <g> 

• Don't buy Credits (with Doubloons) if you can possibly avoid it. 
  • Sell your excess Inventory if necessary. 
  • Sell your unused ships. 
  • Keep your T6s and T7s to play Ops with.
  • Play Ops.  If you win the rewards are on a par with Randoms and you should be able to win more often than Randoms.
  • Run Equal Speed Charlie London Zulu and India Bravo Terrathree whenever you can.
  • other excellent advice here.

Edited by iDuckman
Credits signals, not XP signal.