You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chief_SeaDog

Career captains

8 comments in this topic

[SOCOM]
Members
804 posts
25,741 battles

Most 10 Pt captains come attached to level one ships, Now if you put them on another ship retraining occurs. But once a captain is retrained on a ship he/she should be able to be put back on any tiered ship free of charge if they were trained on the ship.

Captain on Eire moved to South Carolina, retrained (grind or pay) and sails on her. Moved to Cleveland,  retrained (grind or pay) and sails on it. Now since the captain has been trained on the South Carolina he/she should be able to go back to the S.C, without retraining.  I know resetting captain skills is a must *(feed the MPV). but the captains should be able to maintain a career and not have to pay for the reassignment to what the Captain had already been trained for.

Captains skills should be able to be reset individually pay per reset, 50 DB for each  level ones, 100 DB for each level twos  150 DB for each level three,  200 for each level four skill reset. Would cost more but then if I wanted to just change my one level 3 and that's all then it was worth it. and use the flat rate that WOW uses for a complete reset

This is probably wont happen,  the MVP wont hear of it

• Cool 1

[DJL]
Members
3,354 posts
19,244 battles

First of all, what you said makes way too much sense. For that reason WG will never do it.

• Cool 1

[SOCOM]
Members
804 posts
25,741 battles
4 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

First of all, what you said makes way too much sense. For that reason WG will never do it.

Don't get many positive feedback from my ideas so Thank you

[DJL]
Members
3,354 posts
19,244 battles
3 minutes ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

Don't get many positive feedback from my ideas so Thank you

Welcome to the club

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
24,142 battles
39 minutes ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

Most 10 Pt captains come attached to level one ships, Now if you put them on another ship retraining occurs.

Yes they do and that can be avoided by not buying 10 point captains alone since they will be assigned to that nations tier 1 ship. If you do buy one with the aim to level up to 19 points then put that captain in a premium ship, assign the skills you want for the ship you plan to put them on and when they reach 19 points put them on that ship. Then pay the 200k credits to cut the retraining in half and if you have sufficient elite captain points in the pool use that to complete the retraining. You will only be out 200k credits.

Your respecing  suggestion has been made often and obviously not implemented. The way to avoid that is to spec a captain to a ship and leave them that way. If you want a different spec for that same ship then train, spec and assign another captain to the ship speced differently.

There is only one reason to ever spend more than 200k to retrain a captain and 0 doubloons to respect a captain. IMPATIENCE! After nearly 15k battles you should have figured that out long ago. I did.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,634 posts
16,884 battles

They will never do it because they want to get that 500 gold from the chumps who are willing to pay for retraining :Smile_sceptic:

[SOCOM]
Members
804 posts
25,741 battles
3 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Yes they do and that can be avoided by not buying 10 point captains alone since they will be assigned to that nations tier 1 ship. If you do buy one with the aim to level up to 19 points then put that captain in a premium ship, assign the skills you want for the ship you plan to put them on and when they reach 19 points put them on that ship. Then pay the 200k credits to cut the retraining in half and if you have sufficient elite captain points in the pool use that to complete the retraining. You will only be out 200k credits.

Your respecing  suggestion has been made often and obviously not implemented. The way to avoid that is to spec a captain to a ship and leave them that way. If you want a different spec for that same ship then train, spec and assign another captain to the ship speced differently.

There is only one reason to ever spend more than 200k to retrain a captain and 0 doubloons to respect a captain. IMPATIENCE! After nearly 15k battles you should have figured that out long ago. I did.

Well Capt as usual I am for the common player not the MPVs. Spending money that has already been paid is just Horse Hocky. I fully understand how the MPVs work. small problem and heaven forbid something positive for the player base but us both being from the sixties I am for the working man not the CEOs Once retraining for a ship is done you should be allowed to take him off , put him on another ship, but the captain should be able to go back to any ship it has been retrained on, its not about going for 19, but any ship trained on it should be able to go back to free of charge. Oops did I say the F Word sorry MPVs hope the bad word does not get a flag in my jacket. well they made it too easy to buy 10Pts not like when I started and a 6 point captain was fantastic the rest we had to grind them up. The point is If a captain has been retrained on the Wyoming, then I put him on the New Mexico retrain him for the New Mexico he should be able to go back to the Wyoming without retraining, its not about making 19 its just the principal of the matter.

Edited by Chief_SeaDog

[SALVO]
Members
26,737 posts
32,126 battles
On 10/14/2019 at 11:06 AM, Chief_SeaDog said:

Most 10 Pt captains come attached to level one ships, Now if you put them on another ship retraining occurs. But once a captain is retrained on a ship he/she should be able to be put back on any tiered ship free of charge if they were trained on the ship.

Captain on Eire moved to South Carolina, retrained (grind or pay) and sails on her. Moved to Cleveland,  retrained (grind or pay) and sails on it. Now since the captain has been trained on the South Carolina he/she should be able to go back to the S.C, without retraining.  I know resetting captain skills is a must *(feed the MPV). but the captains should be able to maintain a career and not have to pay for the reassignment to what the Captain had already been trained for.

Captains skills should be able to be reset individually pay per reset, 50 DB for each  level ones, 100 DB for each level twos  150 DB for each level three,  200 for each level four skill reset. Would cost more but then if I wanted to just change my one level 3 and that's all then it was worth it. and use the flat rate that WOW uses for a complete reset

This is probably wont happen,  the MVP wont hear of it

While I believe that this makes sense from a realism standpoint, I think that one reason it isn't done in-game is programmatical/database related.  I think that each captain has a single database record, and that within that record, there's a single data cell for that captain's specialization (i.e. the ship he's trained on).  This would prevent a captain from gaining additional ship specializations, and only allow the captain to change his specialization.