You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Qckslvrslash

Other Countries have veterans too!

72 comments in this topic

[KSC]
Members, Beta Testers
163 posts
15,619 battles

It would seem in creating the NA Salute to Veterans event WGNA forgot the huge slew of countries that aren't the USA. While I support recognition of service members duty to their country it would be nice if WG found a way to recognize all NA server Veterans. As a ex Canadian Sailor I clicked the event mildly excited only to see a glaring USA only. So does my service not matter????

• Cool 10
  • Boring 7

[WKY15]
Members
174 posts
573 battles

Thank you for your service @Qckslvrslash! It really isn’t fair for military veterans from other countries to not be treated equally as those from the US. There is more than one country in North and South America Wargaming!!!

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[BONKS]
Members
14 posts
7,305 battles

No, Canada doesn't have a military. Just a pretend one. =P

Edited by galrock01
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 6

[KSC]
Members, Beta Testers
163 posts
15,619 battles
Just now, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Id.me is an American identity company. Find a Canadian one, then have them do some partnership with WG/Lesta. 

There are Canadian companies which do similar for veterans. I would assume there are ones for many of the central and south american's too. WG could have put the effort in to include more than just US service members

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,206 posts
20,488 battles

We have a active duty member in our clan serving with the South Korean Army. However I think this event is just for U.S. Veterans.

[KSC]
Members, Beta Testers
163 posts
15,619 battles
4 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

We have a active duty member in our clan serving with the South Korean Army. However I think this event is just for U.S. Veterans.

That is my point. The event could have been made to include all veterans and universally recognize service

• Boring 3

[WORX]
Members
14,356 posts
20,908 battles
8 minutes ago, Qckslvrslash said:

That is my point. The event could have been made to include all veterans and universally recognize service

Ok, um.. Question,

What verification infrastructure  do you suggest, to verify veterans of other nations who play in NA server ?

[KSC]
Members, Beta Testers
163 posts
15,619 battles
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Ok, um.. Question,

What verification infrastructure  do you suggest, to verify veterans of other nations who play in NA server ?

They could at very minimum have sorted out ways to verify NA country veterans. Canada has our own system for Veterans and we all have an ID card fromm Veteran Affairs.  Verifying veterans worldwide who may play on the server might be a bigger stretch. But recognizing the USA is not the entirety of North America would be nice.  

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[HELLS]
Members
2,891 posts
33,072 battles
33 minutes ago, galrock01 said:

No, Canada doesn't have a military. Just a pretend one.

Show a bit more respect for us Canadian veterans, please....

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016
  • Boring 2

[4HIM]
Members
3,421 posts
16,578 battles

Many here try to get interest in ANZAC Day.  But so far I don't remember WG doing anything for it.  

• Cool 1

[KW]
Banned
623 posts
37 minutes ago, Qckslvrslash said:

It would seem in creating the NA Salute to Veterans event WGNA forgot the huge slew of countries that aren't the USA. While I support recognition of service members duty to their country it would be nice if WG found a way to recognize all NA server Veterans. As a ex Canadian Sailor I clicked the event mildly excited only to see a glaring USA only. So does my service not matter????

What about us regular Joe's we dont get any shout outs 

Just go to work take care of our families pay our taxes 

But NEVER a shout out.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[KSC]
Members, Beta Testers
163 posts
15,619 battles
3 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Many here try to get interest in ANZAC Day.  But so far I don't remember WG doing anything for it.  

Would just be nice for WGNA to show some effort and love to their entire playerbase not just one subset

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
14,356 posts
20,908 battles
5 minutes ago, Qckslvrslash said:

They could at very minimum have sorted out ways to verify NA country veterans. Canada has our own system for Veterans and we all have an ID card fromm Veteran Affairs.  Verifying veterans worldwide who may play on the server might be a bigger stretch. But recognizing the USA is not the entirety of North America would be nice.  

You're not understanding the question of the logistics nightmare that needs resolving...

How would you implement the infrastructure to verify who is a veteran and who is not, from countries outside of the US?

Looks like they can say who is a veteran and reward him accordingly in the US, which is a first step (a pilot program).

How can we for sure know who is who from other countries ?

I dont think WG is trying to leave other countries out... But if you cant verify, you cant partake...

[GOB]
Members
3,025 posts

I am not a WG apologist.. far from it BUT my business is Managed IT security for Medical and finance. As suggested if there is an equivalent service ANYWHERE that passes Due Diligence as IDME has then simply submit it to WG.

The only other option is for you to trust WG and send in ALL the information USSMs had to send in for verification to use IDme.  ALSO your VA has to be sharing that database with that company.

It seems people are being over-dramatic about this when it is simply a security issue not a personal slight.  If you are 100% cool with sending WG all that Info and will sign a waiver releasing them of the responsibility if it is stolen then do it. Otherwise you need to talk to your countries own services and ask what they use and CAN you use it in this manner.

C,mon troops..suck it up!  I can't believe there are so many hurt feelings.  NEVER problems ONLY solutions right??

Col Out

• Cool 3

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
22,042 battles
42 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Make sure he's South and not North :)

[GOB]
Members
3,025 posts
16 minutes ago, Qckslvrslash said:

Your VA Database may not be linked in a way for realtime confirmation where they're running this from. Remember WE may want to work together, that does not mean our Governments are going to share that data real time.

[KSC]
Members, Beta Testers
163 posts
15,619 battles
2 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Your VA Database may not be linked in a way for realtime confirmation where they're running this from. Remember WE may want to work together, that does not mean our Governments are going to share that data real time.

If there was a will from WG to do so there would be a way. I would happily submit my veteran ID card to them for verification. Used to have to Submit MilID's to oakley to access their service member only site. 

[KSC]
Members, Beta Testers
163 posts
15,619 battles
6 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Make sure he's South and not North :)

Pretending North Korean citizens have time for games 

• Funny 2

Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

i think WG remembers about the brazilian expeditionary force in world of tanks.

nothing in wows,maybe when they release minas geraes BB in the pan american line.

[KW]
Banned
623 posts
37 minutes ago, Warbeasty_Lives said:

If you are too p**** to put your butt on the line for your country, you don’t deserve free stuff. Suck it up cupcake. 

Ok so the rest of the population dont deserve no shout outs cause we are all puzzyz 

Ok gotcha

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[VOP]
Members
616 posts
10,621 battles

I do wish WG would do things a bit more cohesively. 

Thank you all for your service ! 

[KSF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
19,688 battles
57 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

What about us regular Joe's we dont get any shout outs 

Just go to work take care of our families pay our taxes 

But NEVER a shout out.

What should they shout out?

Thanks for being a normie?

• Funny 1

[WMD]
Members
1,965 posts
11,267 battles
1 hour ago, Qckslvrslash said:

But recognizing the USA is not the entirety of North America would be nice.  

Like recognizing that 30 some odd million people are celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend...