You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SaltyRat

Squadron Armament 1 and 2

5 comments in this topic

[USMC_]
Members
250 posts
14,006 battles

Was looking through the keyboard controls and see keys for controlling squadron armament 1 and 2. I cant find any information on this for what these are supposed to allow me to do? Anyone?

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
2,111 posts
19,703 battles

Sqaudron Armament 1 and 2?

Are you referring to the American Carriers and how they have two different armaments?

If so, those armaments are modules, you have to pick one or the other before battle. Just like some ships have torpedo options with different speeds and ranges, you get one or the other.

[USMC_]
Members
250 posts
14,006 battles
2 hours ago, Skuggsja said:

Sqaudron Armament 1 and 2?

Are you referring to the American Carriers and how they have two different armaments?

If so, those armaments are modules, you have to pick one or the other before battle. Just like some ships have torpedo options with different speeds and ranges, you get one or the other.

I dont think so, I saw this in the keyboard shortcuts in the game settings. Guess I do need to learn how to spell though, it Squadron not Sqaudron. Anyway if you go into settings and over to controls and scroll down to "Aircraft Controls you will see two options called Squadron Armament 1 and 2 and default to 1 and 2 respectively. I thought it might be referring to rocket planes and torp bombers but those are listed below these two. I attached a screenshot for you to check out what I am seeing.

squadron-armarment.jpg

Beta Testers
308 posts
10,789 battles

While you are flying a squadron, pressing 1 does, in fact, select the squadron's armament.  But since there IS only the one armament selection, pressing 2 doesn't do anything.  Just like pressing 2 with a British CL doesn't magically select an invisible ammo option.

It's probably a holdover from when they were creating the new aircraft interface.

[USMC_]
Members
250 posts
14,006 battles
13 hours ago, DeMatt said:

While you are flying a squadron, pressing 1 does, in fact, select the squadron's armament.  But since there IS only the one armament selection, pressing 2 doesn't do anything.  Just like pressing 2 with a British CL doesn't magically select an invisible ammo option.

It's probably a holdover from when they were creating the new aircraft interface.

Thanks for that info DeMatt, this makes perfect sense and maybe this is something that will be implemented in the future.Although not sure how since even today we dont have the ability to change out an armament type in mid air. Would really like to see the ability to change armament on the deck though. Then again this notion that a carrier went out with a fixed number of each type aircraft is a real stretch but does fit with the ongoing this is an arcade game notion!@