Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DefundedUser_1036628598

Anniversary Marathon challenge

14 comments in this topic

Banned
259 posts
7,336 battles

Hi,

since I don't really have a life, I had this idea to try and see if I can burn through all the Anniversary directives within the remaining five four days, maybe even while ranking out in the remaining time in the Ranked Sprint (=till Monday) and the kicker is I have a fairly new account. On the NA server, that is. I have been playing for two years on the EU server and ~12K battles, several Clan Battle seasons.

I have put this idea to a fairly well-known CC and streamer for to division and do it with me, so maybe, just maybe, you will be able to witness some of these exploits. Maybe not - it could involve a lot of unsightly Co-op grinding which might not be very entertaining... anyway...

Off the top of your heads, can anyone think of a way to acquire a decent medium tier premium/reward ship within that time frame - without buying one outright? There are just not enough days to grind, say, 38K coal for an October Revolution, not even if the directives thing works out. But maybe I'm forgetting something. Some campaign missions etc.?

• Funny 1

[GWG]
Members
7,779 posts
14,942 battles

I wouldn't call 26 games a marathon...  just sayin.

Have you even got a T5 yet?

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
24,142 battles

All the missions are easy enough that you certainly should be able to complete enough of them in a day or two to get the tier 6 premium. You don't have to complete every mission to get that reward. Just play as you normally would using the eligible ships.

What your are missing by waiting is getting to the Hall of Fame where the top prize is a Super Container and even a Medal.

Banned
259 posts
7,336 battles
7 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

I wouldn't call 26 games a marathon.

Where do you get that number?

I don't think I can do it in so few games. Don't remember how many games it took on my EU account but I doubt the whole thing could be done in so few games even if you didn't have to grind ships in between and were well stocked with premiums. It's a minimum of 28 directives, so you'd need to complete more than one directive per game, on average.

[GWG]
Members
7,779 posts
14,942 battles
45 minutes ago, FixCVs said:

Where do you get that number?

I don't think I can do it in so few games. Don't remember how many games it took on my EU account but I doubt the whole thing could be done in so few games even if you didn't have to grind ships in between and were well stocked with premiums. It's a minimum of 28 directives, so you'd need to complete more than one directive per game, on average.

26Battles.jpg

Banned
259 posts
7,336 battles

Well that's just the number I have on this NA account.

The marathon hasn't even started. That's what I call the run through the directives.

Also I mean it's NOT the number I have on this account, I don't think I couldn't even post here, could I? It's currently 46.

Edited by FixCVs

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles

Well I reinstalled on Friday and had them all done in 4-5 days, but I wasn't using a brand new account. :Smile_teethhappy:

[ARGSY]
Members
25,656 posts
19,737 battles

Be aware that you cannot complete the entire thing with only one ship. Here is a list of the directives:

Directive 3 is the problem. In order to complete it, you need at least two ship types (e.g. cruiser and destroyer OR cruiser and battleship OR battleship and destroyer) or ships from at least two of Commonwealth, UK or US, or both.

Banned
259 posts
7,336 battles

OK, I did it. Even though the streamer thing didn't work out. Edit: Got a Gallant for my troubles... could've been better, could've been worse I guess... at least I can use that to train my future Lightning captain, which is still the first Tier VIII I'm going for in case this transatrlantic division does ever materialize...

Lessons:

1) Low tiers are an even more complete carrier sh|tshow on the NA server than in Europe, it would seem. Astonishingly, most players don't even seem to realize how disruptive they are.

2) Also there seem to be way more sealclubbers in Kamikazes on Tier V, why is that?

Edited by FixCVs

[-AFK-]
Members
1,379 posts
16,788 battles
On 10/11/2019 at 11:34 AM, FixCVs said:

Hi,

since I don't really have a life, I had this idea to try and see if I can burn through all the Anniversary directives within the remaining five four days, maybe even while ranking out in the remaining time in the Ranked Sprint (=till Monday) and the kicker is I have a fairly new account. On the NA server, that is. I have been playing for two years on the EU server and ~12K battles, several Clan Battle seasons.

I have put this idea to a fairly well-known CC and streamer for to division and do it with me, so maybe, just maybe, you will be able to witness some of these exploits. Maybe not - it could involve a lot of unsightly Co-op grinding which might not be very entertaining... anyway...

Off the top of your heads, can anyone think of a way to acquire a decent medium tier premium/reward ship within that time frame - without buying one outright? There are just not enough days to grind, say, 38K coal for an October Revolution, not even if the directives thing works out. But maybe I'm forgetting something. Some campaign missions etc.?

You're right that you wont be able to grind out the coal via ranked. You need the more resources daily containers and you need all 3 over a prolonged period to get enough coal for those. 

Banned
259 posts
7,336 battles
Just now, Salvo_Creative said:

You're right that you wont be able to grind out the coal via ranked.

Yeah I didn't even manage to grind out a Tier VI ship during the thing. However, luckily, one of the SCs dropped 15K coal, so I do at least have a Dunkirk and Honoré commander now.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,656 posts
19,737 battles
13 minutes ago, FixCVs said:

most players don't even seem to realize how disruptive they are.

Most people who listen to CC's who don't habitually play carriers don't seem to realise that it's not all wine and roses when you're on the carrier either. I've hardly ever seen Flamu play one; I think his perspective is distorted.

Banned
259 posts
7,336 battles
53 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I've hardly ever seen Flamu play one; I think his perspective is distorted.

He's tried them on every stage of the rework and published YT videos on some of those tests, effortlessly blapping everything in his path.

But don't take his word for it.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,656 posts
19,737 battles
8 minutes ago, FixCVs said:

He's tried them on every stage of the rework

I can only say what I have seen.

IMHO anyone who screams for CV to be removed needs to be kicked out as a CC. It's not going to happen and it's counterproductive to keep asking for it.

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this