Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
unrel8d

1 weird trick for ranked sprint!

15 comments in this topic

[-SBS-]
Members
4 posts
9,981 battles

Usually I struggle to rank out and it feels like the worst grind, but this ship just felt like easy mode. Got the High Caliber award nearly every battle. My results with other ships were highly meh.

shot-19_10.09_22_04.41-0095.thumb.jpg.3b6d68418dab92d38679ffa6571f0fc6.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,383 posts

My weird trick was to take the tier ship that i least liked playing, last  two sprints started with my favs stalled out switched to my least favs blew through the rest to rank out ,except the one match where saved my star with only 2k dmg total still haven't figured out how that happened got one shot off then dev struck lol.

[-AGW-]
Members
1,081 posts
18,685 battles

It seems lately that I have to struggle through a bunch of games in sprints with different ships before I find the one that works for me in that specific setup.

This time it turned out to be Hipper of all things (captained by Hipper;)). Somehow I would never have guessed that.

[SALVO]
Members
26,698 posts
32,031 battles
1 hour ago, bosco1111 said:

My weird trick was to take the tier ship that i least liked playing, last  two sprints started with my favs stalled out switched to my least favs blew through the rest to rank out ,except the one match where saved my star with only 2k dmg total still haven't figured out how that happened got one shot off then dev struck lol.

I've had this happen to me as well.  You get a good run with a ship, but eventually, your luck with her runs out.  So you switch around a bit until you find another ship that clicks and you get on another run.

In the tier 7 Sprint, I did my best in the Blys, Leningrad, and Vauquelin.   In tier 8 Sprint, I played some in CVs (Kaga and Enterprise), but I eventually switched over to my Le Terrible, and that's the ship in which I ranked out.

[JEDI-]
Members
2,685 posts
6,946 battles

I ranked out with my Shokaku. You have so much influence as a CV in small matches. If you can sway the other side from attacking giving your side a chance to cap OR taking out the other teams enemy DD either solo / with constant spotting at the start to be the match decider. Only took 32 battles with 66% WR.

It comes down to how the other CV plays. 

Not much change since the RTS days there. CV influence can sway the match quite a bit.

The only difference now is strike power is so much less. But that spotting, so powerful. If you spend your whole match spotting and not going for damage and supporting your team you will beat the CV that spends his time looking for one guy to pick on. Specially since everyone balls up.

Edited by xalmgrey

[WHS]
Beta Testers
1,052 posts
12,525 battles

My trick was to use the Monarch and spam HE because I wanted to grind the ship. It worked with mixed results. I got a friend to join me at rank 3 so I used Massachusetts as I wanted to bring them good luck with a carry ship. We won pretty much every battle. It's just a fantastic ship for the situations that seem to be relevant to Clan Battles and Ranked Sprint. 

[HRVAT]
[HRVAT]
Members
1,674 posts
14,654 battles

My trick is to not play it, too much angry children and ignorant message this time.
Think I am done with rank all together

• Boring 1

Members
5,789 posts
11,606 battles

I really don't see any 'trick' here - played with the Mass B myself and had a 68% WR and ranked out for the first time.  I really liked the tier 8 sprint ranked - preferred it to random games.

Members
864 posts
4,679 battles

I'm not sure what kind of trick I could use, after getting to one win away from rank 3, I lost 12 ranked games in a row. At least there's certain rank stops.

[FYYFF]
Members
648 posts
16,218 battles

First time I've ever ranked out...   3 games in a Bismarck and 23 games in Benson.   18 victories, 8 defeats.   So that's a 69% win rate.

Normally I just play until it's no fun, but I just kept winning games and it became pretty easy.

I really enjoy Benson... to be good with it you have to be aggressive.   Keep enemy spotted, pinned down with torps and take out enemy DD along with capping.

[DVYJC]
Members
4,499 posts
12,237 battles
7 hours ago, TheBlackWind said:

My trick was to use the Monarch and spam HE because I wanted to grind the ship. It worked with mixed results. I got a friend to join me at rank 3 so I used Massachusetts as I wanted to bring them good luck with a carry ship. We won pretty much every battle. It's just a fantastic ship for the situations that seem to be relevant to Clan Battles and Ranked Sprint. 

I used Baltimore simply because I had to grind Baltimore, Benson, Cleveland, Edinburgh, and Monarch as my Tier VIII ships and I needed to pick one. Ordinarily I do DD for Ranked Sprint, but I had just unlocked Benson and didn't have enough credits to outfit all her modules, so I just went with Baltimore and broadly speaking had a pretty good time. Unlocked Buffalo solely due to Ranked Sprint, so that was nice. 

• Cool 1

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,383 posts
8 hours ago, LadyAnesjka said:

My trick is to not play it, too much angry children and ignorant message this time.
Think I am done with rank all together

I actually had a pleasant time with both sprints this time , hardly any toxic griefers in chat at all this time around.

Members
1,654 posts
11,795 battles
3 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I used Baltimore simply because I had to grind Baltimore, Benson, Cleveland, Edinburgh, and Monarch as my Tier VIII ships and I needed to pick one. Ordinarily I do DD for Ranked Sprint, but I had just unlocked Benson and didn't have enough credits to outfit all her modules, so I just went with Baltimore and broadly speaking had a pretty good time. Unlocked Buffalo solely due to Ranked Sprint, so that was nice. 

Same with the grind approach.   I've been lacking in DD play for the past few years, so decided to use the sprints to get seat time and grind up neglected DDs.    The T6 sprint was easy, and I ground up Guepard the entire way.    T7 sprint was easy, and I ground up to the T8 Akizuki and Benson.

The T8 sprint for some reason is a bit harder.    I've been switching between Benson, Akizuki, and Kagero, as all three need grinding.   Maybe it's the better-playing CVs (although I haven't seen them in too many matches).  Maybe it's the radar.   But the slightly aggressive play that worked at T6 and T7 aren't doing me any favors.

It's good seat time, though... being much more methodical on approach, map awareness, and leaving myself an out when things go south.

[DVYJC]
Members
4,499 posts
12,237 battles
5 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

Same with the grind approach.   I've been lacking in DD play for the past few years, so decided to use the sprints to get seat time and grind up neglected DDs.    The T6 sprint was easy, and I ground up Guepard the entire way.    T7 sprint was easy, and I ground up to the T8 Akizuki and Benson.

The T8 sprint for some reason is a bit harder.    I've been switching between Benson, Akizuki, and Kagero, as all three need grinding.   Maybe it's the better-playing CVs (although I haven't seen them in too many matches).  Maybe it's the radar.   But the slightly aggressive play that worked at T6 and T7 aren't doing me any favors.

It's good seat time, though... being much more methodical on approach, map awareness, and leaving myself an out when things go south.

I agree. Ranked Sprint really sharpens your skills in your ship of choice. I learned a lot about island waifu, angling, and very careful driving.

[ROTTN]
Members
57 posts
16,663 battles
2 hours ago, bosco1111 said:

I actually had a pleasant time with both sprints this time , hardly any toxic griefers in chat at all this time around.

Have to agree with this.  Ranked out this time in 26 games, 7 losses.  All in the RN DD- lightning.  Did it on the first couple of days. Nothing but all supportive great teams. Was a blast, as was tier 6 sprint. 1 odd thing, a number of clan members including myself had all our losses at rank 5. After that it was a straight run to rank 1. Fought agains Ichase in my rank 2 game, and with Majesh on my Rank 1. No dead guys with zero kills screaming advice or insults out at any time.

Looking forward to the next ranked.

Sign in to follow this