You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Battlecruiser_Repulse

Can we get an upper(ish) tier Italian cruiser premium with the line?

28 comments in this topic

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
8,068 battles

Genova is neat, but also fake and... unusual. I'd personally really like to see another of the Zaras (Fiume or Pola, but whatever).

Fiume:

ehBPNsX.jpg

warship-pictorial-2-jpg.286121

002e356f9586cde189c17409ebdb136c.jpg

Pola:

SqjH8Xd.png

a942320d82d2c3f27fe70e9ab167a426.gif

EmbwwGS.png

Gorizia could work, too:

HJGSRQm.jpg

067.jpg?m=1353358805

1920px-Italian_cruiser_Gorizia_fleet_rev

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[MELON]
Members
982 posts
2,894 battles

FOR THE LOVE OF THE PASTA GODS WG!!!!! ADD POLA AS A PREMIUM!!!!!!!

Members
63 posts
1,807 battles

It would be really nice to get a upper-tier Italian Premium. Perhaps BolzanoFiumePola, and Gorizia are also excellent choices, and more historical premiums are always good in my book. Especially since they would be upper-tier Premiums that would be much more in-tune with the line than Abruzzi or Aosta, and their ideal captain skills would match accordingly.

Edited by Shadow0206

Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

i actually want my  italian graf zep with those sleek italian curves.

b84d27a466602091d22d4113dbb37130.png

• Cool 2

Members
63 posts
1,807 battles
3 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

i actually want my  italian graf zep with those sleek italian curves.

b84d27a466602091d22d4113dbb37130.png

Oh, that is niiiiice...

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,203 posts
26,997 battles

Ahh, Pola!

"Thus, the commander of the British destroyer flotilla pressed on with his fruitless search for another couple of hours. He finally reversed course when he received a message from one of the destroyers left in the area of the action, which reported the presence of a Littorio class battleship dead in the water. In fact, this was the Pola, but when the correction came, Mack was already on his way back, with no hope left to catch Iachino. Having sighted the Pola, Mack took many survivors aboard and then torpedoed the cruiser, sending it to the bottom. The British crew had the impression that all semblance of good order and discipline had disappeared aboard Pola. In fact, after the hit taken several hours previously, many crewmen had been panic-stricken and had jumped overboard[11]. Once they realized the ship was not in any immediate danger of sinking, they asked and obtained to be brought back aboard. However, chilled to the bone and with no way to dry their wet clothes, they stripped and tried to fight off the cold with alcoholic beverages. This unseemly display of naked, drunken men, lying on deck among heaps of wet clothes and liquor bottles rolling to and fro, was the British sailors’ first impression of the Pola. It is hardly surprising that their propaganda, exaggerating the episode to their advantage, made it even more embarrassing to the Italians."

http://www.regiamarina.net/detail_text_with_list.asp?nid=38&lid=1&cid=5

Maybe there should be a chance that when Pola takes a hit, all her modules are disabled because her crew thinks the ship is going to blow up and immediately start jumping overboard.  Pola would then be free for the enemy team to capture as it sits disabled in the water.

• Funny 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,912 battles

WG will give us Pola, a solid tier 8 cruiser with perfectly suitable tier 8 performance characteristics

And put it in tier 9 without changing anything else about it, just like every other Italian premium cruiser is paradoxically a tier higher than it should be.

• Cool 2

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
8,068 battles
35 minutes ago, WendellThrewUp said:

Hmm. So far Gorizia looks rather... bad. That reload.

Hopefully it'll be buffed. But, knowing WG, since it's Italian, it'll be moved to tier 8!

Edited by Battleship_Elisabeth

[MELON]
Members
982 posts
2,894 battles
8 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

WG will give us Pola, a solid tier 8 cruiser with perfectly suitable tier 8 performance characteristics

And put it in tier 9 without changing anything else about it, just like every other Italian premium cruiser is paradoxically a tier higher than it should be.

I do hope this is true and will come soon.Pola is the only ship left that I would be really interested in buying.

The question is if WG added her what would they do to make her different from zara?

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
8,068 battles
2 minutes ago, Koogus said:

I do hope this is true and will come soon.Pola is the only ship left that I would be really interested in buying.

The question is if WG added her what would they do to make her different from zara?

Eliminate the smoke, improve the AA, give her HE, etc., etc.

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,918 posts
10,625 battles

And while we're at it, can our current Italian premium cruisers get SAP instead of basically f***ing over every owner of them who bought them earlier as trainers?  So you expect people who own them to suddenly only keep a captain specifically for just them?

WG, this shows not only are you lazy, but how little you care for people who buy premiums for a line that doesn't exist yet.  Stop being lazy, or offer doubloon refunds for owners of them so I can buy a premium actually useful as a trainer.  Both actions I know will get unanswered.  I should make a thread about this, just to feel like my opinion "matters".

• Cool 3

[MELON]
Members
982 posts
2,894 battles
7 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

Eliminate the smoke, improve the AA, give her HE, etc., etc.

I heard in game current zara is really fragile so maybe give her some more health and a heal?

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
8,068 battles
2 minutes ago, Koogus said:

I heard in game current zara is really fragile so maybe give her some more health and a heal?

I heard Zara is garbage... from several people. So... anything. 

[O7]
Members
1,520 posts
12,125 battles

you dont need to ask wargaming for premiums, its not like they dont try pump out as many cash cow premiums as often as possible, im sure they have 40 italian premiums ready for the hype purchases

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
9,111 posts
16,890 battles

With 2 released, and 2 WIP premium cruisers it's pretty fair to say that in that one regard at least, the Italians aren't lacking...

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,203 posts
26,997 battles
2 minutes ago, mofton said:

With 2 released, and 2 WIP premium cruisers it's pretty fair to say that in that one regard at least, the Italians aren't lacking...

The Spice Pasta must flow.

I'm pretty psyched for this Line.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
8,068 battles
44 minutes ago, CaliburxZero said:

And while we're at it, can our current Italian premium cruisers get SAP instead of basically f***ing over every owner of them who bought them earlier as trainers?  So you expect people who own them to suddenly only keep a captain specifically for just them?

WG, this shows not only are you lazy, but how little you care for people who buy premiums for a line that doesn't exist yet.  Stop being lazy, or offer doubloon refunds for owners of them so I can buy a premium actually useful as a trainer.  Both actions I know will get unanswered.  I should make a thread about this, just to feel like my opinion "matters".

I dunno, careful what you wish for. I've heard the SAP is kind of CRAP.

I wouldn't be opposed to them getting SAP in addition to the HE, though. Their current AP barfs all over the carpet, so it would be no loss.

Edited by Battleship_Elisabeth

[--K--]
[--K--]
2,918 posts
10,625 battles
18 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

I dunno, careful what you wish for. I've heard the SAP is kind of CRAP.

I wouldn't be opposed to them getting SAP in addition to the HE, though. Their current AP barfs all over the carpet, so it would be no loss.

Their HE damage is not only low, but their fire chance is abysmal as well.  If they balance the reload with the damage output of 6 inch SAP because WG loves their spreadsheet numbers, i'll take it.  Either way,  having an Italian IFHE captain to make the ship work is s***.  I've essentially benched my Abruzzi  (which i rather liked) just so i could reset the 15 point captain I have sitting in it for the upcoming line.  I shouldn't have to do that.

[RBMK]
Beta Testers
3,806 posts
14,748 battles

I am looking forward to seeing when that t10 Italian DD is available.

Edited by CriMiNaL__

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
8,068 battles
1 minute ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I am looking forward to seeing when that t10 Italian DD is available.

Which a lot of us think was actually intended to be a cruiser...

12 minutes ago, CaliburxZero said:

Their HE damage is not only low, but their fire chance is abysmal as well.  If they balance the reload with the damage output of 6 inch SAP because WG loves their spreadsheet numbers, i'll take it.  Either way,  having an Italian IFHE captain to make the ship work is s***.  I've essentially benched my Abruzzi  (which i rather liked) just so i could reset the 15 point captain I have sitting in it for the upcoming line.  I shouldn't have to do that.

Yeah, I don't play either of mine. But hey! A'osta looks killer compared to Yahagi!

[--K--]
[--K--]
2,918 posts
10,625 battles
59 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

Yeah, I don't play either of mine. But hey! A'osta looks killer compared to Yahagi!

Because that's say so much, lol.  And Abruzzi's damage was laughable, but its concealment and relatively good arcs meant it could snipe out DDs or get into some interesting positions and apply pressure.  The damage output itself was, at most, mediocre at its best.  Either way, I want those ships to be solid performers without my needing a special captain just for them or else they'll never be used anymore.  

[SIM]
Members
5,908 posts
9,432 battles
4 hours ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

...oh hell, it really does, doesn't it? Poor Yahagi. :Smile_sad: