You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
unseaworthy

I think WoWs is a really good game. But evidently, it can't be criticized

28 comments in this topic

[DRAC0]
Members
77 posts
1,924 battles

Censorship is alive and well on these forums.  I understand that Wargaming is protecting its interests and  particularly it's investments in developing this game.  But when you can't discuss it in the community - well that's just the type of thing you can expect from a dictatorship!  Why can't they listen  to reason when players simply want the game to improve for all of us who enjoy it so much?

Comments censored.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 6

Members
280 posts
10,180 battles

Because at all of 204 games it's highly unlikely you have a point that has not already been raised, or will not be answered by your learning the game better. I didn't see the suggestion, but based on similar occurrences, this is likely.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[DRAC0]
Members
77 posts
1,924 battles

How bored must a person be to re

Just now, Klingon72 said:

Because at all of 204 games it's highly unlikely you have a point that has not already been raised, or will not be answered by your learning the game better. I didn't see the suggestion, but based on similar occurrences, this is likely.

That's a very LARGE assumption Klingon.  Don't tell me you don't have more than one account on  Wow.

• Funny 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,970 posts
23,372 battles

Generally speaking, threads don't get locked (and especially not blocked) unless the way in which they are written are egregious violations of forum rules. There has never been a rule against criticizing the game, but there has always been a rule against doing so in aggressively unproductive ways.

There's also a rule against creating threads to discuss moderation, so probably don't expect this one to stay around long. Send your concerns to @FemennenIy by PM instead.

• Cool 1

[DRAC0]
Members
77 posts
1,924 battles
1 minute ago, Edgecase said:

Generally speaking, threads don't get locked (and especially not blocked) unless the way in which they are written are egregious violations of forum rules. There has never been a rule against criticizing the game, but there has always been a rule against doing so in aggressively unproductive ways.

There's also a rule against creating threads to discuss moderation, so probably don't expect this one to stay around long. Send your concerns to @FemennenIy by PM instead.

The thread that was removed earlier today had been up for a couple of  days.  I wasn't the author.

[CAPGO]
Members
756 posts
10,013 battles
1 minute ago, Klingon72 said:

See, this is totally an elitism. You can't judge his opinions solely based off of how many games he has played. Feedbacks from new players are NECESSARY for the game. You don't know what the OP's thread was about, so your post is nothing but an insult.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[SOFOP]
Members
2,585 posts
16,296 battles

I see criticism of the game on here all the time.  If they are trying to censor it all, they are doing a terrible job.

As long as its constructive, they are more lenient than most games I've played.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[DRAC0]
Members
77 posts
1,924 battles
1 minute ago, VVoony said:

See, this is totally an elitism. You can't judge his opinions solely based off of how many games he has played. Feedbacks from new players are NECESSARY for the game. You don't know what the OP's thread was about, so your post is nothing but an insult.

It was a total putdown of a player Klingon assumed was a complete noob, which I am certainly not.  Is is a form of egotism that players have.  It's not helping the community or the conversation.  It's very unproductive, in fact.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,570 posts
13,024 battles
3 minutes ago, VVoony said:

Good point +1

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
2 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

I see criticism of the game on here all the time.  If they are trying to censor it all, they are doing a terrible job.

It is quite likely that the thread devolved into a flame fest which is a common reason for locking and nuking threads. It is also possible that it was merged into another thread on the same subject.

[DRAC0]
Members
77 posts
1,924 battles
1 minute ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

The thread was started by someone who was a new player, and they were frustrated and somewhat upset.  They were acting a bit childish.  They were acting out.  But this is a game,  and kids play it, along with adults like me and many of  you.  I don't know  if WG made an effort to reach out to this person, but if they did, it would have been a great  opportunity to keep a player who is obviously passionate about playing this game.  Do we not want passionate players?

[MELON]
Members
985 posts
2,895 battles
4 minutes ago, VVoony said:

Well you kinda can. For example if someone who is new started crying that the game is garbage because he has not figured out how to play would you agree with opinopm? No because his reasons for not liking the game are not the games fault but his own because he is still learning it.

I'm not saying that all opinions from new people should be ignored or viewed less I just saying that you can judge someone's opinion based on how many battles they have done depending on the situation 

[WORX]
Members
14,370 posts
20,934 battles
15 minutes ago, unseaworthy said:

Censorship is alive and well on these forums.

I guess you dont know the difference between "rules" and "censorship."

Here let me help

Rule

• When you agreed to partake into the game, you agreed to the TOS/EULA rules and regulations governing the operation of WOWS.
  • When you signed up for the forums... They're forum rules to follow because its monitored and enforced. 

Censorship

• You still say what you want as long as it dont crosses the line of breaking the rules.
  • I can still say a curse word but it will be censored... It will not be taken down as long it doesn't violate a forum rule.

Hope this helps.

• Cool 2

[DRAC0]
Members
77 posts
1,924 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

It is quite likely that the thread devolved into a flame fest which is a common reason for locking and nuking threads. It is also possible that it was merged into another thread on the same subject.

It wasn't a flame fest.  It was a kid being mercilessly teased and shouted down by players who didn't care that he found the game frustrating and difficult.  He was basically blaming the matchmaking  system, which (to be fair) is not designed to be friendly or fair to new players.

• Boring 2

[CAPGO]
Members
756 posts
10,013 battles

Generally, threads don't get locked without a reason. 

Usually, threads get locked when it devolve into a flame fest and people starts to insult others without staying on the track from the OP.

B.U.T. from my experience being in this forum quite long time now, I do have a doubt that WG usually only locks threads that are criticisms on what WG really don't want to see.

When the thread is harmless to WG, they don't really care if the thread becomes a flame fest or what not..

but the ones that gets locked pretty fast ?? they were usually criticism that had some good points but something that WG would not like to see discussed.. which got devolved into flame fest between players.

So... In a simpler word, thread gets locked for a reason, but I do have doubts that WG is locking only the threads that is harmful to WG.

Edited by VVoony
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
Just now, unseaworthy said:

It wasn't a flame fest.  It was a kid being mercilessly teased and shouted down by players who didn't care that he found the game frustrating and difficult.  He was basically blaming the matchmaking  system, which (to be fair) is not designed to be friendly or fair to new players.

Now I remember the thread and the flames were burning bright on both sides.

[DRAC0]
Members
77 posts
1,924 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Here let me help

Rule

• When you agreed to partake into the game, you agreed to the TOS/EULA rules and regulations governing the operation of WOWS.
  • When you signed up for the forums... They're forum rules to follow because its monitored and enforced. 

Censorship

• You still say what you want as long as it dont crosses the line of breaking the rules.
  • I can still say a curse word but it will be censored... It will not be taken down as long it doesn't violate a forum rule.

Hope this helps.

Are you talking to me?  If so, you are making the same mistake that Klingon made - an incorrect assumption.  No rules were broken by me,  period.  As I said, I wasn't  even the author of the thread.  

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,281 posts
19,418 battles

Heyo,

I reviewed what I assumed the thread you're referring to was. It was deemed non-constructive and thus closed and locked.

We have absolutely no issue with players criticizing elements of the game, we do ask though that it is constructive in nature. As such, there are several active and unlocked threads on the very same topics of matchmaking; here's my list for the week on the topic:

If you don't like something, say why, explain how you would make it better. Going the route of that thread which was designed to incite unrest, is just not the way to go.

As someone who spends majority of their day compiling community feedback and concerns, I want to hear yours - I just need it to be constructive.

On the topic of rules, please be aware that discussing moderation issues in threads is not allowed, if you or anyone has issues with moderation actions, please drop me a DM and I will follow up with you. 

Fem,

• Cool 1

[DRAC0]
Members
77 posts
1,924 battles
7 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Here let me help

Rule

Censorship

Hope this helps.

Are you talking to me?  If so, you are making the same mistake that Klingon made - an incorrect assumption.  No rules were broken by me,  period.  As I said, I wasn't  even the author of the thread.  

[WORX]
Members
14,370 posts
20,934 battles
1 minute ago, unseaworthy said:

No rules were broken by me,  period.  As I said, I wasn't  even the author of the thread.  

:Smile_veryhappy:

Come on man... This thread (you created) IS against forum rules... :Smile_facepalm:

Thanks for the laugh this morning... Take care...

Members
1,072 posts
3 minutes ago, unseaworthy said:

Your question has now been answered about why it was locked.  

WG owns the forum, and free speech does not apply.  You can think whatever you like.  

This forum is MUCH more lenient than several other game forums I've been on.  If WG didn't allow criticism, then 90% of the whole CV rework threads would never have existed, since a lot of it consisted of one group REEing at the other, and it still continues.

Edited by agm114r

[DRAC0]
Members
77 posts
1,924 battles
1 minute ago, Femennenly said:

Heyo,

I reviewed what I assumed the thread you're referring to was. It was deemed non-constructive and thus closed and locked.

We have absolutely no issue with players criticizing elements of the game, we do ask though that it is constructive in nature.

If you don't like something, say why, explain how you would make it better. Going the route of that thread which was designed to incite unrest, is just not the way to go.

As someone who spends majority of their day compiling community feedback and concerns, I want to hear yours - I just need it to be constructive.

On the topic of rules, please be aware that discussing moderation issues in threads is not allowed, if you or anyone has issues with moderation actions, please drop me a DM and I will follow up with you. 

Fem,

Makes perfect sense.  All discussion of censorship is automatically censored, and there is no redress for the community if something is "deemed non-constructive".  That's a big stick with no accountability to anyone who plays your game!

[DRAC0]
Members
77 posts
1,924 battles
8 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Now I remember the thread and the flames were burning bright on both sides.

I also know that you're trolling my posts!  Two can play at that game,  wishbone!  LoL

Members
1,072 posts

Makes perfect sense.  All discussion of censorship is automatically censored, and there is no redress for the community if something is "deemed non-constructive".  That's a big stick with no accountability to anyone who plays your game!

Free speech does not apply.  They own the forum, and can run it as they please.  You can complain, of course, but not about moderation after the fact.

Them's the rules, in their house.  Deal.

• Cool 1

Members
1,023 posts
4,265 battles
12 minutes ago, unseaworthy said:

Censorship is alive and well on these forums.  I understand that Wargaming is protecting its interests and  particularly it's investments in developing this game.  But when you can't discuss it in the community - well that's just the type of thing you can expect from a dictatorship!  Why can't they listen  to reason when players simply want the game to improve for all of us who enjoy it so much?

I'm not sure WG is to blame in this case.  It may not have had anything to do with you or posts you made in the locked and blocked thread.  But some poster may have taken the original topic and gone far beyond the boundaries of what is allowed on the forums.  There are reasons for censorship and moderators on-line and if that is being dictatorial then we have all been, or will be, dictators at some point.

The thread was started by someone who was a new player, and they were frustrated and somewhat upset.  They were acting a bit childish.  They were acting out.  But this is a game,  and kids play it, along with adults like me and many of  you.  I don't know  if WG made an effort to reach out to this person, but if they did, it would have been a great  opportunity to keep a player who is obviously passionate about playing this game.  Do we not want passionate players?

Passionate players? Yes, but preferably those you can keep their passions from sailing their boats off a cliff.

2 minutes ago, unseaworthy said:

Oh, that one.  Okay that badness belongs to this forum not WG.  Not the poor kid who made the mistake of coming to said forum, and discovering that - according to the "EXPERTS" posting on this site - all of their difficulties can be blamed on the MM! 

Unfortunate.  I hope the kid gives the game another chance, takes their time to learn what mistakes are mistakes that they should own, and what mistakes are really due to other players performance.  Plenty of time later to blame WG or MM.