You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MannyD_of_The_Sea

WG, I’m DONE!!!

63 comments in this topic

[A-I-M]
Members
4,105 posts
15,366 battles

...done grinding, that is.

I’m grateful for the Halloween event, because it is so easy to pass on. I likely won’t press on the Italian Cruiser rollout either.

So, I can kick back and play or not play what I want, as I want. Build a credit reserve,  deepen the captain ranks, get some coal, some free XP, at my pace.

• Cool 17
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[RAGE]
Members
2,018 posts
9,547 battles

Not complaining about this event one bit. The directives were easily punched out in one day, way less of a grind than the recent ones, and they gave us 3 supercontainers and a free T6 premium. 

• Cool 14

Members
1,072 posts
3 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Not complaining about this event one bit. The directives were easily punched out in one day, way less of a grind than the recent ones, and they gave us 3 supercontainers and a free T6 premium. 

Oh, I agree.  Just going to take a break and just play for the next one.  I actually looked at the current one as a good one to actually do the directives for.

Edited by agm114r

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,717 posts
19,665 battles

Hmmm, I really like the Halloween Event. Besides I got the WV 41 from the free crate so all worth it. Enjoy your rest. Pretty soon we'll have the Christmas Event starting.

Image result for christmas is coming meme

Sorry, I just really like this meme. 

• Funny 1

Members
3,114 posts
13,077 battles

I been done grinding a long, long time ago.  That state of affairs lasted for some prolonged period of time, until WG released Smolensk, and I decided it needed a T10 “spare” buddy.  Lo and behold, I did an exceedingly minimal grind for Worcester (already had the T6 ship, free XP to Helena which was actually fun to play, and used super duper flags and camo to cheese my way through Cleveland and Seattle with ridiculously low number of battles).  Grind free again, i hope I don’t like subs.  But just in case I reserved some super duper flags to cheese my way to a decent sub if I have to.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,147 posts
9,762 battles

I've been done taking the grinds seriously for a while. I didn't finish two of the last three sets of directives and wasn't bothered by it a bit. The game is a lot more enjoyable when you decide not to care.

TBH the only reason I am playing ranked sprint is to speed grind the Cleveland. I finished that in short order with the special flags. Now I am on working on the Chappy and might end up finishing it as well. All while not caring what rank I am (up to 3).

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
4,105 posts
15,366 battles
5 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

No complaints about the anniversary event either. I just tire of the endless overlap of “high priority events/grinds,” so to speak. Ranked, Clan Battles, Ranked Sprint, Anniversary directives, anniversary dandruff flakes, etc.

Now comes a couple of overlapping “take it or leave it” events, that for me, fall easily into the “leave it” column. I know others derive great enjoyment out of the Halloween events , so more power to them.

I have never really gotten into the new line rollouts. I ground to the Kremlin two weeks ago, and that’s the closest I’ve ever been to being in the leading edge of a new line.

• Funny 1

[-AFK-]
Members
1,379 posts
16,790 battles
30 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I’m grateful for the Halloween event, because it is so easy to pass on. I likely won’t press on the Italian Cruiser rollout either.

So, I can kick back and play or not play what I want, as I want. Build a credit reserve,  deepen the captain ranks, get some coal, some free XP, at my pace.

Nice bud!

Proud that you have made that decision. I have been doing that for a while now and it is relaxing :)

[A-I-M]
Members
4,105 posts
15,366 battles
6 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

I been done grinding a long, long time ago.  That state of affairs lasted for some prolonged period of time, until WG released Smolensk, and I decided it needed a T10 “spare” buddy.  Lo and behold, I did an exceedingly minimal grind for Worcester (already had the T6 ship, free XP to Helena which was actually fun to play, and used super duper flags and camo to cheese my way through Cleveland and Seattle with ridiculously low number of battles).  Grind free again, i hope I don’t like subs.  But just in case I reserved some super duper flags to cheese my way to a decent sub if I have to.

In agreement.

Upvoted because you're the only person I’ve seen in the forum who spells the “Lo and behold” phrase correctly.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
21,648 battles
35 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

they gave us 3 supercontainers and a free T6 premium.

Yeah, I got a Molotov which I never would have bought.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
22,042 battles
1 hour ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Skipping events, grinds and entire lines is actually very refreshing - it's a huge relief when you realize you don't have to do any of it and you don't work for WG :)

Now that I have my little periscope "Insert Coin" achievement … I can say that I am truly blessed, fulfilled and in balance with the universe - my aura is complete 

And … my wallet is closed 

Edited by Commander_367
  • Funny 2

Banned
1,684 posts
1 hour ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Welcome to the best decision you could have made.

I have been doing this for quite some time and enjoy the games I play.

Grinding is tiresome, following any type of gameplay set up for "Reasons" is Boring.

Playing what and when "You" Decide is following your desires,not WG idea of exploiting your time and energy.

Since I decided this route my credits have swelled to over 260 million,16-19 pt Capts. 100 Ships in my port All of which I play at different times and game modes.

WG has no control of my destiny or  to the way I decide to play.

The developers went down a road I will not follow.

I will not apologize for my decision and will congratulate you on yours.

• Cool 3

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
22,042 battles
13 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Welcome to the best decision you could have made.

I have been doing this for quite some time and enjoy the games I play.

Grinding is tiresome, following any type of gameplay set up for "Reasons" is Boring.

Playing what and when "You" Decide is following your desires,not WG idea of exploiting your time and energy.

Since I decided this route my credits have swelled to over 260 million,16-19 pt Capts. 100 Ships in my port All of which I play at different times and game modes.

WG has no control of my destiny or  to the way I decide to play.

The developers went down a road I will not follow.

I will not apologize for my decision and will congratulate you on yours.

This rings like a declaration …

"Free at Last, free at Last, thank God Almighty … free at last" :)

I actually have to thank WG for the CV rebork … that's what did it for me :)

Edited by Commander_367
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
1 hour ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I didn't even try to punch them out in a hurry.

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,281 posts
19,393 battles

Ahaha! You got me then briefly.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the recent birthday celebrations and directives. 

AS with all content in the game, just remember it is completely optional to engage with. 

You are always welcome to play the game and ships in the ways you want to.

Fem,

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles

I will be happy to get one of the RM cruisers and don't see grinding hard.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,271 posts
8,371 battles

I would note that this last set of directives was IMO the least grindy we have had in a while...  Pretty easy cruise to a free premium ship.... the 1st directives I pretty much wiped out just doing ranked sprints.  the few missed needed took a handful of battles in co-op to clear.    Compared to the last few this one was comfortable.    

Members
799 posts
10,291 battles
18 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

"But Dorothy you've had the ability to play like this all along. "

"There's no place like home,"

"There's no place like home...."

Seriously though, people do put unnecessary pressure on themselves to grind out lines and events for no other reason, I'm guessing, than FOMO. Or conditioning from other MMOs where you always have to grind to keep up(gear etc.) with the competition.

The truth is once you have a kitted out tier 10 ship and a good captain for the ships you like to play all the game modes are open to you, and you don't ever need to engage in any content that is not appealing to you. You aren't going to fall behind, the ships you own aren't going to lose power because you aren't grinding enough.

All the events, lines, directives, marathons, campaigns, missions, and carrots WG offers are completely optional and not required to play at a high level. You don't need to spend any real life money either.

Always play for fun, nobody is getting rich playing this game. You aren't compelled to do anything.

Good for OP though.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger

[ARGSY]
Members
25,656 posts
19,737 battles
1 hour ago, Femennenly said:

You are always welcome to play the game and ships in the ways you want to.

To this end, I am REALLY grateful that directives were introduced in the first place. They make things immeasurably easier compared to something like the Indianapolis Marathon, and quite frankly they're what's kept me trying for the event prizes. For the most part, they do offer players a fairly broad choice of which ships to play - always assuming they haven't invested too deeply in one particular ship type in one particular nation. 

That being said, the directives in Rogue Wave and aspects of the French event were a horror, and I'm very glad to see that WG turned the screws back a fair bit for this one. Asking us for three million credits in each of six nations for a Tier 5 destroyer (Siroco) was and is a bit much to make the entire content of a single directive.

Only having to do five tasks in the last directive for this event was a really generous move, as was the giveaway of a guaranteed T6 premium to anyone who finished. Well done, WG. I'll be looking with interest to see what the Italian event missions are like. Hopefully the represent a continued return to some level of sanity. The text associated with one of the camos on a Twitch mission said it all - "It's been a hectic year; we've had fun as best we can." It does need to be less hectic than May through August were. Dear God. I'd rather have tried to run North Cape again.

• Cool 2

[-TKS-]
Members
839 posts
17,939 battles
2 hours ago, Femennenly said:

AS with all content in the game, just remember it is completely optional to engage with. 

Not according to 90% of threads on this site. I believe you are forcing these people to play with some mind tricks ....

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
20,171 posts
13,061 battles
20 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Just finished the 207th and final flake. Almost all of the Missions in the Directives are done. I got my T6 Dunkerque for Doubloons. I can finally get back to the 19pt Cmdr grinds.

Members
1,072 posts
2 hours ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

Not according to 90% of threads on this site. I believe you are forcing these people to play with some mind tricks ....

Yeah, I've seen that in other online games.  People act like someone is forcing them to play in X way, with a loaded gun to their head...

Can't fix stupid.  :cap_look: