You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Almost have that 1M FXP... Now I'm feeling like a Hoarder!

26 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
3,005 posts

I look at it and think " My PREEEECIOUSSSSSS! "   I had to stop using it for equipping stock ships etc but I finally am about 4 k from it ( a round or two of OPS away )  

Now that I will have it suddenly nothing seems worth all the work it took to get it!

Seen all the ships in the Game... I haven't heard from @LittleWhiteMouse about the Friesland and I don't get ANYTHING without her blessing : )  I have seen one in game as it chased me across a map... I blapped it though.

Anyone got one of these ships that would share a real world opinion?

Col Out

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,544 posts

FXP isn't going to do anything for you unless you use it to get something.

Depends on what you already have.

The Friesland is awesome. 

Every ship can be sunk.

[GWG]
Members
7,776 posts
14,921 battles

I had 2M FXP saved up - so I bought an Alaska.

Sent a Friesland to the bottom rather quickly -- hit radar, then fired two salvoes....  then I put out the fires.

1,878 posts
11,515 battles

alaska is awesome but so is the Friesland. Alaska will be off the market sooner then Friesland.

Retired WoWS Community Contributors
12,943 posts
11,264 battles
51 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Seen all the ships in the Game... I haven't heard from @LittleWhiteMouse about the Friesland and I don't get ANYTHING without her blessing :

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/201899-because-i-was-asked/

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[HDR]
Beta Testers
324 posts
8,022 battles

I had a problem saving to and using it to upgrade stock ships but ever since I got over 300k FXP it has been much easier. At 500k now and will probably get Alaska when I get enough.

[PVE]
Members
2,186 posts
7,673 battles

I don't spend it on anything else but ships anymore.

I have over 2 million and am awaiting Siegfried.  I had to say "no" to the last two ships, Azuma and Friesland.  I have all the others and only regret Kronstadt.

Members
2,516 posts
8,937 battles

Alaska is amazing.

Was debating friesland and Azuma for ages,  because Azuma would get pulled first and because I have 2 captains who I could slot right in,

Friesland is more unique, possibly  better,  but would have to start with a 10 pt  captain (used CXP to get the 10)

I went Friesland and....

Well,

I'm not sure I made the right call.

I will say Fries had the Atlanta feel, you keep hitting battle because that absolutely amazing game feels it might be a click away

[RBMK]
Beta Testers
3,806 posts
14,748 battles

I bought a Firesland, and with 300 games in it now, I can say it was well worth it, I do not play cruisers at all, so I can't comment on them, but I have killed my fair share with the DD.

[DOG]
Members
902 posts
15,217 battles
5 minutes ago, 1meanDad said:

Have 2.1mil FXP and will get Alaska this week.

Unless you came into a BUNCH of FXP recently, why did you wait (since you could have bought Alaska a while ago)?

[A_51]
Members
963 posts

I have over 2 million free experience.  The only free experience ships I don't have are the Azuma and the Friesland, neither of which i find particularly interesting.  For whatever reason, WG has decided to release a lot more ships for coal than for free experience.  I guess I'll be using most of it to complete tech tree lines.

[WOLF6]
Members
669 posts
11,767 battles
17 minutes ago, dashtardly said:

Unless you came into a BUNCH of FXP recently, why did you wait (since you could have bought Alaska a while ago)?

I like to have 1mil in the bank so I waited.

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
864 posts
14,543 battles
18 hours ago, Burnsy said:

FXP isn't going to do anything for you unless you use it to get something.

Depends on what you already have.

The Friesland is awesome. 

Every ship can be sunk.

Sure it does!  WeeGee can't sleep at night knowing all that FXP is out there. They have nightmarish dreams that comes with things like the research bureau.

I like being that hording Boogieman.  

boggie.png

Members
222 posts
10,008 battles

I have a hard time resisting spending mine. Just skipped Soyuz to Kremlin just so I could get that sweet super container lol. (commander xp flags of course) 

[WTFL]
Members
229 posts
992 battles

I always tell myself I'm gonna save my FXP,  but I always spend it anyway. This time, THIS TIME, I will save my FXP.

• Funny 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,961 posts
23,301 battles

Save up until you have enough money to buy two. Then you can buy one without worrying that WG is going to screw you by releasing a ship you REALLY want right after.

[SLI]
9,544 posts
17 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

I've been  playing for over two years and finally just got to a million.  Spending it takes some careful consideration.  It is a very SLOOOOW grind.

Just depends on how much you play.  FXP is a number of battles played thing, not a time since account creation thing.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,267 posts
8,345 battles
1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

Save up until you have enough money to buy two. Then you can buy one without worrying that WG is going to screw you by releasing a ship you REALLY want right after.

Good advice   -  Did the same thing with my Coal.... Bought Smolensk..because why the hell not?   And then Thunderer dropped a couple of days later and fortunately had enough remaining to get it...    I'm  sitting on 1.3 million free XP right now and cannot make myself pull the trigger on Alaska or Friesland.     Just can't help myself but to wait and see what's next.     Have enough steel to buy Flint which I had been wanting but I think I'm going to keep on that saving binge as well...  Steel has gotten a lot harder to come by all the sudden if you not doing tournaments or clan battles.