You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dogget

"Promoting" Captain (s)

7 comments in this topic

[FREE_]
Members
88 posts
2,881 battles

I'm ignorant (ha.  Redundant.) of how to have my Captains gain more points other than Capt. XP through battles.

Is there not a method for moving one or more back and forth to Premium ships or something?

Thanks.

[WOLFG]
Members
6,556 posts
4,433 battles
7 minutes ago, Dogget said:

I'm ignorant (ha.  Redundant.) of how to have my Captains gain more points other than Capt. XP through battles.

Is there not a method for moving one or more back and forth to Premium ships or something?

Thanks.

You can move your captain from his (her, it, whatever) assigned ship to a premium ship of the same nation without suffering a retraining penalty.  And then move them back to the same assigned ship.  That allows 2 daily win bonus's on the captain.

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,781 posts
3,689 battles

You can boost captain xp through flags, camps, and premium time. You can also use elite captain xp on them. You gain elite captain xp from gaining regular expirence using 19 point captains, or you can earn them from missions/directives/rewards

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,017 posts
4,388 battles
3 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

You can move your captain from his (her, it, whatever) assigned ship to a premium ship of the same nation without suffering a retraining penalty.  And then move them back to the same assigned ship.  That allows 2 daily win bonus's on the captain.

Yep.  And if your captain is retraining, his skills work 100% on the premium ship.

Be careful not to assign the premium ship's captain to a tech tree ship or you'll never get him back.  (Not an issue most times, but some premium ships want special captain builds.)

2 minutes ago, _BBaby said:

You can also use elite captain xp on them.

AND FXP can stand in for ECXP, though that may not be something that you want to do.  Training captains can eat a LOT of FXP.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander

Edited by iDuckman

[-TKS-]
Members
984 posts
7,630 battles
13 minutes ago, Dogget said:

Is there not a method for moving one or more back and forth to Premium ships

what you have to look out for, and what tripped me back in the day, premium ships come with captains that are "specialized" for the premium ship, so, moving that captain to another non premium ship will bring up a "re-specialize" dialog. 

non-premium --> premium --> original ship = OK

most of my prems in port do not have sitting captains... as they all have assigned tech tree ships. I just move them into the ship when I want to sail it. 

• Cool 1

[FREE_]
Members
88 posts
2,881 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Thanks.  2 wins a day?  You flatter me, sir.  lol

2 minutes ago, _BBaby said:

You can boost captain xp through flags, camps, and premium time. You can also use elite captain xp on them. You gain elite captain xp from gaining regular expirence using 19 point captains, or you can earn them from missions/directives/rewards

Best I have is a 14pt.  During my fall "cleanup" I'm noticing things like 10pt Captains sitting idle, while I play 8pt ones.  Argh!

So, much maneuvering ahead.  Thanks.

[FREE_]
Members
88 posts
2,881 battles
2 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

what you have to look out for, and what tripped me back in the day, premium ships come with captains that are "specialized" for the premium ship, so, moving that captain to another non premium ship will bring up a "re-specialize" dialog. 

non-premium --> premium --> original ship = OK

most of my prems in port do not have sitting captains... as they all have assigned tech tree ships. I just move them into the ship when I want to sail it. 

Gotcha.  Thanks.

• Cool 1