You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CFagan1987

Capping the number of destroyers in Co-Op

95 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
349 posts
12,742 battles

Could we possibly cap the number of destroyers in Co-Op mode to 1 or 2 per team? Having as many as 4 destroyers on a team is unfair to battleship and cruisers players as the destroyers will do 75%+ of the damage inflicted. I've literally had battles in mid-tier battleships where I am lucky to get off 2 salvos before the battle is over due to hordes of destroyers swooping in and taking all the kills.

The other alternative is to increase the number of bots to 12 (or more) from the current 8.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 3

[TX]
Members
1,101 posts
21,806 battles

As a DD coop player I agree

If there are 3 DD average players there is very few to do for slow bb.

Regards

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
24,191 battles
11 minutes ago, CFagan1987 said:

Having as many as 4 destroyers on a team is unfair to battleship and cruisers players as the destroyers will do 75%+ of the damage inflicted.

Be happy with what you have since DDs were capped.

Before the cap I saw many random battles with 9 and 10 DDs per side and co op battles with 6 or 7 per side.

14 minutes ago, CFagan1987 said:

The other alternative is to increase the number of bots to 12 (or more) from the current 8.

Incorrect! Co op should be 12 v 12 the same as random.

• Boring 2

[MINVY]
Members
784 posts
7,678 battles

I love my destroyers and use ops for directives. I agree a cap would help others earn some flags and xp. Matches end so fast with multiple dd I can appreciate the request.

[PVE]
Members
14,757 posts
31,442 battles

I have asked for a DD cap for like 2 years now. 3-4 DD like we see now is too many when there are just 8 ships total. They rush forward and torp everything before the other ship classes have a chance. It's even worse at the lower tiers. It should be capped at 2. At least the PVP 4 cap is applied. Man I can remember the old days where it could be you and 7 of them. That really sucked.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[RSWF]
Members
109 posts
9,003 battles
1 hour ago, CFagan1987 said:

Could we possibly cap the number of destroyers in Co-Op mode to 1 or 2 per team? Having as many as 4 destroyers on a team is unfair to battleship and cruisers players as the destroyers will do 75%+ of the damage inflicted. I've literally had battles in mid-tier battleships where I am lucky to get off 2 salvos before the battle is over due to hordes of destroyers swooping in and taking all the kills.

Yes, and Yes.  100%

Playing slow BB's in Co-op is about as fun as watching paint dry.  The only time it is remotely fun is when there are no humans on your side, and it is you against 3 or 4 bots.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[WOLF6]
Members
962 posts
9 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I have asked for a DD cap for like 2 years now. 3-4 DD like we see now is too many when there are just 8 ships total. They rush forward and torp everything before the other ship classes have a chance. It's even worse at the lower tiers. It should be capped at 2. At least the PVP 4 cap is applied. Man I can remember the old days where it could be you and 7 of them. That really sucked.

I agree with this , 3 is too many for Co-op as it stands , either this or increase the number of bots .

• Cool 1

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
24,191 battles
15 minutes ago, retic1959 said:

increase the number of bots .

Make it 12 v 12 period!

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

[_EASY]
Members
280 posts
18,569 battles

As a DD main I would be perfectly happy being the only DD in every match.  More available HPs for me.....

:Smile_izmena:

That said, I will generally clear the cap closest to me whether there are any other DD's in the battle or not.  

The goals for every battle are a 100k+ HPs, 3 sunk botes and a cap.  If I can accomplish this I am happy and my team usually wins.

Edited by MWSVette1
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
21,680 battles
2 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Before the cap I saw many random battles with 9 and 10 DDs per side and co op battles with 6 or 7 per side.

Show me a replay or it didn't happen.

• Boring 1

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
24,191 battles
3 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Show me a replay or it didn't happen.

I haven't saved nor would I save replays from that long ago and even if one does save old replays they wont work without the game version they were saved from. A 6.0 replay file will not play on this 8.8.1 version. The 8.8.1 version replays will not work after 8.9 installs.

And Frankly Scarlett I don't give a rip whether you believe the truth or not! 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
349 posts
12,742 battles
3 hours ago, Doombeagle said:

Learn to play a destroyer.

I'm actually a destroyer main, however over time I have come to realize that the current setup with 3 DDs charging in and getting 75% of the XP benefits nobody.

• Cool 3

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
21,680 battles
1 minute ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

And Frankly Scarlett I don't give a rip whether you believe the truth or not! 

I haven't seen ANY match with 9 or 10 DDs in it even when new DD lines were released, and I've seen every DD release since closed beta went open; so I'm thinking this is an exaggeration. Show me a screen shot, or it's fake news.

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
24,191 battles
11 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Show me a screen shot, or it's fake news.

Well I have no affiliation with FOX News nor the administration's lap dogs and loud mouth spin shysters! I fought the battles long before DDs were capped and whether you did or not means nothing. As it is now only DDs and CVs are capped so it is possible now to have all BB or all CL/CA teams. I played a CV in Raptor Rescue a few days ago and the rest of the team was CL/CA, no DD no BB! 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[PPNA1]
[PPNA1]
Members
174 posts
17,021 battles

as a co-op dd player,heck I play all classes I have been in both positions. I try not to hog the game when in my dd's but with all these contests for kills just have to put up with it I guess.Heck I hate having 4 dd's in game as well when I am in or out of them.

[RLGN]
Members
16,873 posts
29,591 battles
2 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Make it 12 v 12 period!

So many downvotes...

Considering the noob/low skill player Hell that is Tanks, I don’t think Warships would have lasted as long as it has without a Co-op mode.

46 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I haven't seen ANY match with 9 or 10 DDs in it even when new DD lines were released, and I've seen every DD release since closed beta went open; so I'm thinking this is an exaggeration. Show me a screen shot, or it's fake news.

Destroyers total? Or per side?

My recollection of the most I’ve ever seen is fourteen total.

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
24,191 battles
15 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

So many downvotes...

Considering the noob/low skill player Hell that is Tanks, I don’t think Warships would have lasted as long as it has without a Co-op mode.

Huh! I got 3 upvotes for that. Co op could easily be 12 human/bots v 12 bots the 8 v 8 is nothing but an arbitrary player limit.

WoT should have a PVE mode also of 15 v 15.

19 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

My recollection of the most I’ve ever seen is fourteen total.

Before the cap limit was set a four due to WG caving to whiners I was in a few battles with 8 to 9 DDs per side. Frankly I would love to see all the caps removed even the 1 CV per division cap.

It would be great to have all one ship type battles. 

If anything was to be check box preferred I would like to see one to select only +/- 2 tier matching with no type/ship name matching. All DD v all CV matchups would be a blast.

[BEA5T]
Members
609 posts
19,505 battles

Wow as an COOP player I can understand the frustration of some of those that play BBs when you have an abundance of decent DD players ( more than 2) as usually that would mean they are most likely to finish on TOP of the team score.   

Though I will say I have not seen too many games where there has been over 3 DDs.

I will say restricting it down to 2 or less would NOT be a good idea.       

As of late I have noticed the games have been ending a lot quicker then it has been in the past and when there are a number of BOTS left.    I understand there is the possibility of the battle ending when the human side has capped all flags and when the BOT side falls to O.   As that usually happens when you do have the DDs capping and sinking BOTS quickly.

I have on occasion been a bit irritated when I am striving for a particular GOAL of achieving a certain requirement like say for NAVAL Battles and it ends with BOTs remaining and I have not reached that goal.

This is frustrating when the battle becomes short as you are already handicapped by the amount stars\base XP\battle damage\ribbons you can achieve within COOP.    Again it is what it is and you have to deal with it.  

IMO players that have been in COOP for a period of time have learned to adjust and when they bring out large ships like BBs they tend not to be SITTING in the back and trying long distance PEW PEW.  

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
21,680 battles
52 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

According to @CAPTMUDDXX, per side (which is why I commented; it seemed excessive.) The original statement is in this post, above.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,353 posts

The problem is not destroyers, it is the event going on with the torpedo hits, and torpedo spotting missions, and the kill 25 ships mission. People are trying to get through yet another grind as quickly as they can. When you don't have such a mission, the distribution goes back to the normal 4-5 BBs per side. If you want to cap something, devise a method to cap the obnoxious, mediocre randoms player who shows up complaining how much he hates coop, and then proceeds to finish last because it is hard to sink anything when you sit behind a rock telling everyone they are noobs and to let the bots come to us.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[BEA5T]
Members
609 posts
19,505 battles
2 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

The problem is not destroyers, it is the event going on with the torpedo hits, and torpedo spotting missions, and the kill 25 ships mission. People are trying to get through yet another grind as quickly as they can. When you don't have such a mission, the distribution goes back to the normal 4-5 BBs per side. If you want to cap something, devise a method to cap the obnoxious, mediocre randoms player who shows up complaining how much he hates coop, and then proceeds to finish last because it is hard to sink anything when you sit behind a rock telling everyone they are noobs and to let the bots come to us.

LOL Just Stop with stating the OBVIOUS.  

[TX]
Members
1,101 posts
21,806 battles

The best (usually) battle I play is 4 humans and 4 bot in the green side.

A lot ( :Smile_trollface:) of xp and silver for everyone.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,118 posts
4,173 battles

Even 2 DDs won't stop the complaints...last night I got called out as a kill-stealer, being the last of our 2 DDs still alive and having racked up a whopping 2 kills only using my guns...you just can't make everyone happy all the time...:Smile_sceptic:

Edited by Bonfor