You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ReddNekk

Thinking about coming back

20 comments in this topic

Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles

As the title sez, I'm thinking about coming back to WoWs after a 7 month hiatus. So what's the scoop on Chicken Coops (CVs) and are there CV bots in Co-Op? Have there been any other major changes since March?

[WORX]
Members
14,361 posts
20,908 battles
8 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

As the title sez, I'm thinking about coming back to WoWs after a 7 month hiatus. So what's the scoop on Chicken Coops (CVs) and are there CV bots in Co-Op? Have there been any other major changes since March?

• Subs
  • Fire
  • AP DMG
  • Mindless secondaries
  • CV disproportionate DMG
  • ATL no lomger king of AA

I think I covered it all... If I were you, run... Its worse then when you left.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,626 posts
4,774 battles

ReddNekk!  Haven't seen you.  C'mon back.  Join the hordes of us playing casually.

Yes, there are CV bots, though only one Op has them right now (Raptor).  They are a staple in Co-op.  I think CV vs AA is okay, and I feel that I can actually play these CVs without growing a third eye and hand.  Check it out and see what you think.

French DDs are here.  I like 'em.  And Italians are coming.  Also, the Hallowe'en modes were quite entertaining in Public Test.

Whack a red today!

Edited by iDuckman

Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles
7 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

ReddNekk!  Haven't seen you.  C'mon back.  Join the hordes of us playing casually.

Yes, there are CV bots, though only one Op has them right now (Raptor).  They are a staple in Co-op.  I think CV vs AA is okay, and I feel that I actually play these CVs without growing a third eye and hand.  Check it out and see what you think.

French DDs are here.  I like 'em.  And Italians are coming.  Also, the Hallowe'en modes seem quite entertaining.

Howdy Duckman! What do you mean by CVs being "staple in Co-op"? If I do come back I'll most likely be playing Co-op.

Edited by ReddNekk

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,626 posts
4,774 battles
4 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Howdy Duckman! What do you mean by CVs being "staple in C-op? If I do come back I'll most likely be playing Co-op.

I've been playing lower tier Co-op a lot lately, trying to get my off-lines up to T6.  Lots of lower tier CV players, and MM will add one if the team is short.  I hear they are much less common in high tier Co-op.  There's lots and lots of whining about CVs, something that hasn't changed in a coon's age.  Read up on AA - it has changed a lot. 

So, do you still remember how to play?  I find my aim is off after only a few days.

Edited by iDuckman

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
9 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:
  • Subs
  • Fire
  • AP DMG
  • Mindless secondaries
  • CV disproportionate DMG

I think I covered it all... If I were you, run... Its worse then when you left.

Subs are in my opinion a huge mistake.

Fire has been with us from the beginning but in the upper tiers spamming HE ie napalm is the norm.

AP damage really hasn't changed since the game launched.

Secondaries should be pretty mindless as once manned they pretty much acted on their own until fairly late in the period the game covers, WWII and later when the gunnery computer could handle them along with the main guns.

CV's do less damage than BB's now and have no alpha so how is their damage disproportionate?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
14,361 posts
20,908 battles
11 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Subs are in my opinion a huge mistake.

Fire has been with us from the beginning but in the upper tiers spamming HE ie napalm is the norm.

AP damage really hasn't changed since the game launched.

Secondaries should be pretty mindless as once manned they pretty much acted on their own until fairly late in the period the game covers, WWII and later when the gunnery computer could handle them along with the main guns.

CV's do less damage than BB's now and have no alpha so how is their damage disproportionate?

Wolfy, you know I disagree with a few of your points.

Subs, well it is what it is... Sub on sub play is not different from BB on BB or CV on CV game play... You rather see a full 19hr flight then being in this situation in game..

Regarding AP, all the changes from 2018 to current to AP characteristics AND ships armor... Makes AP dmg and some ships immune to HE pens, The number 1 complaint to the fatal high tier game play.

Some make troll secondary builds to see how much mindless secondary DMG can be done since main guns are avg.

CV dmg is disproportionate because, some ship classes get hit worse then others....

No DD can survive a k (a proportioned hit of 1/3 of your HP) rocket or bomb hit from a CV...

• Not even cruisers can handle it
  • BBs can

Now I can go on for hrs on how bad CV DMG dealt vs dmg recived per class is disproportionate, COMPOUNDED with the current AA advocated by Ichase :Smile_veryhappy:

CV dmg is low because smaller ships with minimal AA, are where the CV does their DMG...

[PVE]
Members
9,042 posts
25,436 battles
2 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

07 ReddNekk...welcome back...although I need to come back myself as I've been unable to play last few months due to moving to a location w/atrocious wifi.

But from the forums I have gathered that it seems the CV "scourge" has been abated by major AA changes...haven't played since they were brought back to co-op so can't comment on that aspect although haven't heard any major outcry on the forums about them in co-op.

BTW...subs aren't actually in game yet...on a separate server (as they did before the rework w/CVs) & to be in a separate game mode on regular server for a time before they are released on regular server (stated as tentative based on outcome of all the testing to be done before a final decision is made...but I do believe it's just a formality & they are on their way...but I think the transition will be smoother due to ability to have the separate game mode option to test them (unavailable for CVs because they were already owned before rework & WG couldn't just tell people, "You can only run your CVs in a separate game mode w/out any XP gains...sorry" [in the immortal words of Kieth Moon...That would have gone over like a "Led Zeppelin"].

Hope things go well w/your return & GL to ya.

Beta Testers
1,830 posts
3 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

No DD can survive a k (a proportioned hit of 1/3 of your HP) rocket or bomb hit from a CV...

A DD can remove 100% of a ship's HP. talk about disproportionate.

[D-PN]
SuperTest Coordinator
428 posts
12,858 battles

What made you leave in the first place, @ReddNekk? You might be disappointed to find that same issue still in the middle of the room.

Welcome back to the jungle, anyway. 

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,337 posts
14,268 battles
6 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

Welcome back. Been playing almost 2 years and having just as much, if not more fun now than ever

[EQRN]
Members
2,301 posts
21,479 battles

Bot CVs for the longest time I thought weren’t dropping ordinance, they are that bad.  So I wouldn’t let that keep you from playing.  Subs won’t be around for months, and how bots would play them in co op is probably going to be laughable.  Let’s see, in 7 months you missed French DDs (smokeless DDs) and Russian BBs (largely over-performing).  I can’t recall if this was true 7 months ago, but pretty much every patch event/directive set is doable in co op, so you’re not missing too much from Randoms except the aggravation.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
22,042 battles

Howdy Duckman! What do you mean by CVs being "staple in Co-op"? If I do come back I'll most likely be playing Co-op.

Forget CVs - soon we'll all be playing subs!

Edited by Commander_367

[ALAG]
Members
168 posts
3,096 battles
5 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Forget CVs - soon we'll all be playing subs!

Don't worry, the CVs will make sure that you don't forget about them, especially if you're going to be driving a sub.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
22,042 battles
22 minutes ago, Aviri said:

Don't worry, the CVs will make sure that you don't forget about them, especially if you're going to be driving a sub.

Subs, CVs, DDs … Rock, Paper, Scissors :)

[WORX]
Members
14,361 posts
20,908 battles
4 hours ago, Dareios said:

A DD can remove 100% of a ship's HP. talk about disproportionate.

Its an all ship class problem... I've noted on many forum threads...

• Funny 1

Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles

I spent some time today getting re-familiarized with the game while getting re-acquainted with some trusty old friends. (Scharnhorst, Fiji,  Perth, etc.) After playing WoT and Armored Warfare, WoWS gameplay is kinda slow paced in comparison. I'm getting the hang of WoWS play again but I don't think I'm going to play Random Battles.