Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dad003

How to deal with CV in a French DD

2 comments in this topic

[5D]
Members
1,181 posts
16,042 battles

Here the answer : you get him first with a Division of Kleber! Than proceed to engage the carry mode to get this team to win.  You will see that after we take care of the enemy CV we already lost 4 ship , making the enemy team having a big advantage  over us well we turned the table really fast !         We ended up having 8 kill for 150k,110k and 100k Damage at us 3 .  Unfortunally had some problem with my recording software  but here a quick replay  took from the ingame replay!

[KAPPA]
Members
3,165 posts
9,571 battles

Yeah, I can vouch that french DDs are annoying to deal with if you let them have their way. Not even because it's hard to hit them, but I kept landing 250-500ish hits with Langley's rockets the other day while regrinding her. It was a 3 CV match in a queue dump and it was all three 3 CVs with a really terrible French DD in our midst. Once even landed all 8 rockets for zip! Really frustrating if amusing battle.

I eventually switched to torpedoes and killed it that way. I was honestly amused that I was landing my slow as heck torps on it without issue. Like... I get that newbies are down there, but you'd think the concept of not letting your enemy set up an attack so extremely telegraphed like that on you would be universal among games. It honestly felt like I fooled them three times, so shame on them by that point.

Sign in to follow this