You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
hcoe

Reduced Coal in daily containers?

16 comments in this topic

Members
1 post

Has anyone noticed that the daily resource containers don't give the same amount of coal they used to?  I used to get 800 & 1200 coal routinely, but now all I get is 400 and my rate of collecting coal has slowed greatly.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[O_O]
Members
7,163 posts
18,038 battles

RNG affects daily drops, too.  You are just having a bad run.  I haven't noticed any change.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,656 posts
19,737 battles

RNGesus is screwing with you. I've received enough 2 and 3 coal crates lately that I have no need to complain.

In addition, the other things the crates can give (flags and free XP) are so nice to have raining down from the skies that I don't much care if the coal accumulation rate is a little lower. Given the amount of time I spend in co-op, I'll take three Equal Speed Charlie Londons over a crate of coal any day.

Since Christmas, I've managed to get Salem, Jean Bart and Smolensk, and I'm already halfway to Thunderer. I can wait a little longer given the other stuff I get.

[TORCH]
Members
787 posts
20,323 battles

Can't say as I've noticed a difference in the daily containers. Opening a routine container with 800 or 1200 coal has always been a pretty uncommon event for me. If anything, my coal accumulation rate is up recently.  But that's probably because I opened a supercontainer full of coal a few weeks ago, and I may still be basking in the glow of that happy event. 

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,337 posts
14,259 battles

I don’t think it has changed, there a WG staff post not long ago stating the haven’t changed the possibilities of 2 & 3 coal drops. I have got JB, Smolensk, and Yoshino this year so I’m pleased with my coal earnings

[KSF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
19,688 battles

Got 1200 drop on both Friday and Saturday, first drop of the day both times.  This keeps getting brought up, but it's just self-confirmation bias.  Previously I have gone a week with only 400 coal per drop plus free xp and flags for all 3 crates, it's random that way.

RANDOM.

[WPORT]
Members
11,632 posts
15,954 battles
1 hour ago, hcoe said:

Has anyone noticed that the daily resource containers don't give the same amount of coal they used to?  I used to get 800 & 1200 coal routinely, but now all I get is 400 and my rate of collecting coal has slowed greatly.

Mostly my resource containers have been "normal", with one or two shipments of coal weighing 200 to 400 tons per bag.
The bothersome thing for me has been the erratic and reduced frequency of collection items inside containers.

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
24,142 battles
1 hour ago, hcoe said:

This has not changed at all. 200, 400 and 1200 drops are no less nor more frequent than they ever have been. The perception that any has decreased nor increased is either paranoia or wishful thinking. 

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
821 posts

Didn't resource containers always have two bags of coal in every drop?  Hence the name Resource...  Now it's more often just one, and two, if you're lucky.  If I'd wanted flags, I'd select the flag option.

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts
31 minutes ago, Viper069 said:

Didn't resource containers always have two bags of coal in every drop?  Hence the name Resource...  Now it's more often just one, and two, if you're lucky.  If I'd wanted flags, I'd select the flag option.

Nope, it's always been one guaranteed drop of coal.

Members
1,072 posts

RNGesus giveth and RNGesus taketh away.  I got an 800, a 1200, and a 400 yesterday.  

Don't succumb to the confirmation bias on this one.

[BTLST]
Members
200 posts
16,426 battles
On 10/6/2019 at 8:18 AM, Alienmenace_1 said:

I'm with the OP, I have been lately getting 400 coal and signal flags.

Same here .   I have been getting less coal but more free xp so it's not to bad I guess