Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
henrychenhenry

WG vs. Fan-produced videos (e.g. KotS)

5 comments in this topic

[NSC]
Members
2,662 posts

No offense to anybody. Anybody who can make videos as nice as the examples below can make videos better than I can.

Today is the first time I actually watched a KotS trailer (for KotS IX), which I was linked to from the WoWS News Page. I quickly noticed that things looked... different. The quality of the ship models, the cuts, the music, even the way words flash onto the screen and the way the logo appears in between some cuts.

Now maybe I'm just used to the WoWS videos made in-house. Maybe I prefer the old and familiar (e.g. bias). But everything in the WoWS video looks... so much nicer (while still clearly videos of the game). Here's an example of what I mean (from 3 days ago).

What are your opinions? Any suggestions for the organizers of KotS on improving the quality of the video? (Again, it's great; I cannot make that video or one like it.)

@Butterkeks_MODCOM_NA Producer of the trailer (maybe?)

@TheBigM145 Organizer of KotS (maybe?)

Edited by henrychenhenry

Members
1,072 posts
26 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

No offense to anybody. Anybody who can make videos as nice as the examples below can make videos better than I can.

Today is the first time I actually watched a KotS trailer (for KotS IX), which I was linked to from the WoWS News Page. I quickly noticed that things looked... different. The quality of the ship models, the cuts, the music, even the way words flash onto the screen and the way the logo appears in between some cuts.

Now maybe I'm just used to the WoWS videos made in-house. Maybe I prefer the old and familiar (e.g. bias). But everything in the WoWS video looks... so much nicer (while still clearly videos of the game). Here's an example of what I mean (from 3 days ago).

What are your opinions? Any suggestions for the organizers of KotS on improving the quality of the video? (Again, it's great; I cannot make that video or one like it.)

@Butterkeks_MODCOM_NA Producer of the trailer (maybe?)

@TheBigM145 Organizer of KotS (maybe?)

Fact is, WG has a very nice studio, and resources that the KoTS organizers do not have.  They have even made music videos.  

Unfortunately, comparing WG's in-house videos with the KoTS ones isn't really fair to the KoTS people.  They simply don't have that kind of resources.   

[NSC]
Members
2,662 posts
Just now, agm114r said:

Fact is, WG has a very nice studio, and resources that the KoTS organizers do not have.  They have even made music videos.  

Unfortunately, comparing WG's in-house videos with the KoTS ones isn't really fair to the KoTS people.  They simply don't have that kind of resources.  

The question would be: What is it in WG's videos that make them "good."

Are there any that the KotS organizers can reasonably pick up on?

[KSF]
Privateers
362 posts
13,222 battles

While I'm glad to be pinged on this and such, I'm actually the wrong person to be talking to about the video quality. We have a full team of folks and each of us has our jobs, mine is making sure the tournament runs smoothly on the day of.  @SeaRaptor00 and @_TheSneakySnake_ have more to do with the video side of NA KotS.  They, for example, tag team on the map intro videos you'll see at the start of games today.  

[NSC]
Members
2,662 posts
8 hours ago, TheBigM145 said:

While I'm glad to be pinged on this and such, I'm actually the wrong person to be talking to about the video quality. We have a full team of folks and each of us has our jobs, mine is making sure the tournament runs smoothly on the day of.  @SeaRaptor00 and @_TheSneakySnake_ have more to do with the video side of NA KotS.  They, for example, tag team on the map intro videos you'll see at the start of games today.  

Thanks for the clarification!

Sign in to follow this