Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BoatyMcButtHurt

Nerf's for balensk

13 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
5 posts
982 battles

I know Russia doesn't care what NA thinks, but if they took the torps and smoke from the ship it would be a lot more vulnerable overall and maybe not a super OP ship anymore. 

• Boring 8

[WORX]
Members
14,296 posts
20,867 battles

????

You again OP, :Smile_facepalm:

Fellow readers, please send comments here

Edited by Navalpride33

[RAGE]
Members
2,017 posts
9,540 battles

They're not going to take away torps or smoke. Most I see is a range nerf to 17.5 or so with AFT and range mod, and maybe 1 second reload nerf. 

[TAZ]
Members
942 posts

It's not going to be nerfed, for 1 it's a premium Russian ship and WG doesn't nerf premiums and 2 it is the pride of the WoWS russian navy. Never happen.

• Boring 1

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
8,000 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

????

You again OP, :Smile_facepalm:

Fellow readers, please send comments here

I don't know him.

I do know that if he holds his breath on this, they're going to have to call and undertaker.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,158 posts
9,548 battles
42 minutes ago, Nutaz said:

It's not going to be nerfed, for 1 it's a premium Russian ship and WG doesn't nerf premiums and 2 it is the pride of the WoWS russian navy. Never happen.

Someone official said something about ships not being sold and for coal being possible nerf targets or the like. I don't have a link, but I'm sure someone else does.

• Cool 1

[X-PN]
Members
2,086 posts
13,600 battles

Likely will be at least a month or two before any possible nerfing.  Numbers are going down as more potatoes get the ship, so nerf is probably still up in the air.  The question is how would they nerf it?

Taking smoke away is too fundamental if a change, but a little range nerf probably won't change much.  I dont run AFT, and I do fine without it.  If they nerf range, I'll just add AFT.

So maybe a half second reload, but again I dont see that affecting a whole lot.  I dont run BFT and do fine, so if they nerf reload,  I'll just add it.

Fact is little nerfs will probably do little to quell the OP complaints, and if they do a big nerf....well I hope they are willing to do ship returns.

Edited by YouSatInGum

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,212 posts
22,502 battles
43 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

I do know that if he holds his breath on this, they're going to have to call and undertaker.

Would make the forum a bit quieter and more peaceful though.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,574 posts
16,194 battles
34 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Someone official said something about ships not being sold and for coal being possible nerf targets or the like. I don't have a link, but I'm sure someone else does.

That is correct.  A "premium" ship is one that has ever been sold for money or doubloons straight up, regardless of other options to acquire.  These ships are basically untouchable unless a nerf impacts a wide range of ships and just happens to include said premium.

Ships that were never sold for money or doubloons directly, like Flint, Stalingrad, Smolensk, etc are considered "reward" ships and are subject to balancing.

That said, if you take away both torps and smoke from the ship, that's a huuuuuuuuuge nerf.  Oddly enough that nerf would simply force people to play the ship even MORE in the manner that everyone hates....behind islands in complete safety.

A small range nerf would be justified a bit maybe, and reduce smoke duration maybe.  But overall the ship is just designed to do what it does.  Taking anything away will either have no impact, cripple it, or just force the gameplay even more than people dont like.

[TOG]
Members
4,588 posts
29,050 battles

Simplest solution take it out of the armory. Then sell it.  Or not.  Most of the haters are those who don't have it. Give them the chance to get it and they'll change their tune.

Sign in to follow this