Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ozz_ozz

beta

14 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
73 battles

i have alot of ppl i know that are playing this we all play games ot gether and would really like ot play this

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
40 posts
553 battles

i have alot of ppl i know that are playing this we all play games ot gether and would really like ot play this

I am going to guess that you put in an application, Since we only just started CBT I would imagine that it might be a bit before the next round were accepted (my conjecture, not fact), I would keep a close eye on the forums for updates. Also there are about 50 of these topics made a day on the same subject.

Alpha Tester
249 posts
1,400 battles

If you already apply then just be patient and hope that they will lets you in. Nothing can do about that for now....

Members
1,688 posts
309 battles

its not playing its testing

Beta Testers
40 posts
553 battles

to test this u have to play it 

I think elijahbiker's point was more to address the fact that people think that it is being treated as an exclusive to play game as opposed to something that is a work in progress not ready for public release (Don't want to speak for elijahbiker obviously, just my interpretation)

Beta Testers
804 posts
696 battles

to test this u have to play it 

Yeah but the priority is to test it. Find any bugs and report them, make suggestions about what can be added, fixed, or otherwise changed. You can have all the fun you want, but the priority is to test the game. That's why is called a Beta TEST. While it could be viewed as playing (as to be honest, he is right, to test it we do have to play it...) it's essentially a secondary, non-paying, sort of unionized job. 

[SXXKT]
Beta Testers
12 posts
6,128 battles

Beta testing is beta playing. Don't act like you guys are punching a time card. You're having fun being the first.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2 posts
138 battles

Well if it's a Beta test then why do I see mostly mindless chatter about CBT invites on recent forums and adverts about streams with free keys being given away. WG is giving keys to streamers to hand out by lottery, why don't they just release them in waves to these people who have already applied? 

Alpha Tester
41 posts
1,402 battles

Beta testing is beta playing. Don't act like you guys are punching a time card. You're having fun being the first.

Having fun... hahaha Obviously wasn't around for the Alpha. Testing is Testing. CBT is Alpha with a lot less bugs and fewer random partial/full wipes. How "fun" is it to spend, oh, a week grinding up a tree taking SS's of whatever glitch you come across and then filing a bug report, only to have a partial wipe take all those ships away? Sorry, but Alpha was like a semi-fun part time job you didn't get paid for and got fired each week and had to start from new hire status.
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
804 posts
696 battles

Fun? What is fun? I know not the meaning of that word. And being the "first" has nothing to do with it because Betas were not the first. Not by a long shot. First came the Alpha testers. And they tested for a while. A long while. Then came the weekend betas interspersed with the Alphas. Then came betas. But was there anyone before the Alphas? I dunno. Above my pay grade, so to speak,  as we aren't getting paid. It is a priority that we actually do testing first and foremost. All fun comes later on. Yeah, there are a lot of beta testers who only want to be betas so they could play the game before the masses get to, but a good lot of testers just want to try to be productive and provide feedback and make the game as good as can be before public release. It's up to the individual to decide what they want to do.

Well if it's a Beta test then why do I see mostly mindless chatter about CBT invites on recent forums and adverts about streams with free keys being given away. WG is giving keys to streamers to hand out by lottery, why don't they just release them in waves to these people who have already applied? 

You see chatter about invites because some people just can't wait to get their hands on a work in progress game. Some people want to be a tester just so they can play it. I think many of the people who can't wait just want to play. There's a lot more people who wait quietly. They know they'll get their chance. I view a lot of these people as people who'll realize that the game is still a work in progress and who'll actually try to contribute to the progress of the game. It's not really my place to makes comments such as these but I just wanted to put it out there. I don't know what the general consensus is amongst those who post their dismay at not being accepted or waiting so long and those who just wait quietly. I can only speak for myself. WG is giving out keys, it seems, but I don't know when they'll do their next round of acceptances. And one reason they don't give out keys in waves is because they are trying to conduct tests on the servers themselves. Test if they'll take the stress of thousands of players at once. They only let in a few (a few being thousands of Beta testers and hundreds of Alpha testers and unknown number of Supertesters) because they don't want to overstress the servers. If the servers crash, well...then we'll all be waiting much longer. What would you prefer? Getting in right away and possibly crashing the servers and making everyone wait longer than they should have? Or taking it gradually and being patient and allowing the release to near with as few hiccups as possible? 

This is coming from a Beta tester... (please correct me if my views be slanted or if I may be overstepping my bounds) 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,062 posts
1,239 battles

Streamers having keys increases their viewcount. Streamers streaming WoWS increases its publicity profile and hype pre-release.

It's a symbiotic relationship. The streamers offer a good worth value and WG offers keys in return.

That's the reason streamers are getting keys before people who simply put their email address in a form, in my personal opinion.

edit: Also if you're trying to get in just to play you'd be better off waiting for the release product. This is "work in progress" hard-hat zone material.

The gameplay is solid and it's fun, but it's going to keep getting worked on and there are rough edges as is expected at this point. If you're not someone who has the intention to beta test you'd just be burning yourself out for no reason- might as well wait till Open Beta when everything is near as perfect as it's going to be.

Edited by Ylca

Beta Testers
804 posts
696 battles

Aside from the fact that it's a work in progress, there could be occasional wipes of player progress. Meaning that you may be at tier 7 of higher one day then *poof°* you're starting from scratch the next. So if you come in to just play before everyone else, you could lose all your progress anyway. And then there will be a wide before the game goes to open beta as well. So again, if you only want to play, you'd better off waiting until Open Beta or public release. I'm not telling you you can't apply for beta, I'm just saying that if all you want to do is join Beta and play the game just to play and not provide feedback, you would be happier after Closed Beta is over because otherwise you'll lose all your progress anyway.

°(it's most likely a poof with a warning ahead of time. Don't know though, just making a guess) 

And I apologize ahead of time if I sound harsh, degrading or otherwise hurtful or highly sarcastic. I don't mean to. 

Beta Testers
177 posts
711 battles

Fun? What is fun? I know not the meaning of that word. And being the "first" has nothing to do with it because Betas were not the first. Not by a long shot. First came the Alpha testers. And they tested for a while. A long while. Then came the weekend betas interspersed with the Alphas. Then came betas. But was there anyone before the Alphas? I dunno. Above my pay grade, so to speak,  as we aren't getting paid. It is a priority that we actually do testing first and foremost. All fun comes later on. Yeah, there are a lot of beta testers who only want to be betas so they could play the game before the masses get to, but a good lot of testers just want to try to be productive and provide feedback and make the game as good as can be before public release. It's up to the individual to decide what they want to do.

You see chatter about invites because some people just can't wait to get their hands on a work in progress game. Some people want to be a tester just so they can play it. I think many of the people who can't wait just want to play. There's a lot more people who wait quietly. They know they'll get their chance. I view a lot of these people as people who'll realize that the game is still a work in progress and who'll actually try to contribute to the progress of the game. It's not really my place to makes comments such as these but I just wanted to put it out there. I don't know what the general consensus is amongst those who post their dismay at not being accepted or waiting so long and those who just wait quietly. I can only speak for myself. WG is giving out keys, it seems, but I don't know when they'll do their next round of acceptances. And one reason they don't give out keys in waves is because they are trying to conduct tests on the servers themselves. Test if they'll take the stress of thousands of players at once. They only let in a few (a few being thousands of Beta testers and hundreds of Alpha testers and unknown number of Supertesters) because they don't want to overstress the servers. If the servers crash, well...then we'll all be waiting much longer. What would you prefer? Getting in right away and possibly crashing the servers and making everyone wait longer than they should have? Or taking it gradually and being patient and allowing the release to near with as few hiccups as possible?

This is coming from a Beta tester... (please correct me if my views be slanted or if I may be overstepping my bounds)

well put Mikeybugs.

Sign in to follow this