commodore_torakula

Which song is stuck in your head today?

28 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,507 posts
18,058 battles

You'll just love this …...

and, yeah, you definitely need to be old to appreciate this.

• Confused 1

[PVE]
Members
3,969 posts
22,314 battles

Well...it's been "You never give me your money" the last couple days due to the 50th anniversary of the Abbey Road album on Thursday (how old are we feeling now) & I just got that out of my head this afternoon & replaced it w/"Crystal Ann" by Annihilator (sorry...my cheap old phone is giving me problems trying to post them here for reference) but that's all gone to hell thanx to this accursed post:

1 hour ago, WirFahrenGegenEngeland said:

If the wedding you at don't play this song at the reception... it aint worth shiz

Why...of all the good Sweet songs did you have to remind me of that 1 (sister used to make us listen to that while babysitting us...still causes chills up & down my spine)...but at least:

2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

That gave me a new song to check out to chase the evil away...+1 BrushWolf.

& +1 to Sweet too...there's at least 3 other Sweet songs (Fox on the Run/Ballroom Blitz/Love is Like Oxegen) I can spam to block that 1 out & they're all pretty good to excellent & I haven't heard them in years. One of the few bands w/so many hits that you can listen to each 1 & not believe any of them are from the same band.

& +1 to OP for starting the thread off w/MP theme.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,619 posts
23,984 battles

Didn't hear it for years, but stuck in my head since they played it yesterday in the radio.

Members
1,525 posts
10,890 battles

I can tell already this is going to be a [edited] ing good day....

Edited by commodore_torakula

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,549 posts
12,986 battles
10 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

My pleasure I first heard it on a Dr Feelgood album and I think I can find every song they ever did on the net but that one.

Members
1,525 posts
10,890 battles
20 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Well...it's been "You never give me your money" the last couple days due to the 50th anniversary of the Abbey Road album on Thursday (how old are we feeling now) & I just got that out of my head this afternoon & replaced it w/"Crystal Ann" by Annihilator (sorry...my cheap old phone is giving me problems trying to post them here for reference) but that's all gone to hell thanx to this accursed post:

Why...of all the good Sweet songs did you have to remind me of that 1 (sister used to make us listen to that while babysitting us...still causes chills up & down my spine)...but at least:

& +1 to Sweet too...there's at least 3 other Sweet songs (Fox on the Run/Ballroom Blitz/Love is Like Oxegen) I can spam to block that 1 out & they're all pretty good to excellent & I haven't heard them in years. One of the few bands w/so many hits that you can listen to each 1 & not believe any of them are from the same band.

& +1 to OP for starting the thread off w/MP theme.

thx @IfYouSeeKhaos +1 yourself....This morning I was driving to an appt and listening to an old mix CD with a Mark Knopfler cut on it....check it out.

This is a live, longer version than the one I've got on the mix, but damn, son....it's even better.

Edited by commodore_torakula

Members
1,525 posts
10,890 battles

This morning it was The Go! Team's cut, "Bust-Out Brigade"....

I usually want this song to repeat 3 or 4 times in a row....it's that catchy.

[-K_P-]
Members
339 posts
3,017 battles

Recent find for me, but stuck none the less.  Luckily it is one I don't mind being stuck in a loop.

Members
690 posts
8,692 battles

Playing For Change/Song Around The World is one of my favorite things ever.  They just released a cover of "The Weight".  totally worth checking out.  Anyway. in response to the OP, this is the one that's worming around in my ear.

Members
1,525 posts
10,890 battles

again, it has been a good time since one got stuck for me, but the theme this week was listening to Jethro Tull's "Nothing to Say"

....Which is convenient given the homage Dave Matthew's Band did to them by cutting "So much to say" when I was in college....which song is better?.....you make the call.

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.