Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
cantgobacknow

Camera position

8 comments in this topic

Members
81 posts
459 battles

Is it possible to change the camera position relative to my vessel? For example, is it possible to change the point of view to directly over the aft or bow, or directly over the middle of the ship?

If not with the vanilla client then with any mod? I've been searching for such a thing with little luck.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,591 posts
2 minutes ago, cantgobacknow said:

Is it possible to change the camera position relative to my vessel? For example, is it possible to change the point of view to directly over the aft or bow, or directly over the middle of the ship?

If not with the vanilla client then with any mod? I've been searching for such a thing with little luck.

"C" will change which turret the camera view is from.

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,136 posts
5,017 battles

Zoomed out the camera just focuses on your ship as a whole. When in sniper mode or zoomed in it will focus on the bow or stern a ove your turrets, which you can swap with the C key. You can not make it like first person or anything, or have the camera focus ONLY on the tip of your bow even when zoomed out. 

There are some mods that increase/decrease camera zoom and such. I havent messed around with them, but I dont think it is what you are describing 

Members
81 posts
459 battles
44 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

"C" will change which turret the camera view is from.

Hitting C in battle doesn't change the POV for me, though I do see in the settings that C is supposed to be bound to that. I googled it and see that others are also saying it does't work for them. A bug perhaps.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,591 posts
5 minutes ago, cantgobacknow said:

Hitting C in battle doesn't change the POV for me, though I do see in the settings that C is supposed to be bound to that. I googled it and see that others are also saying it does't work for them. A bug perhaps.

It works, people use it all the time.  You have to be zoomed in your scope and it will switch the point of view to a different turret.

Members
81 posts
459 battles
20 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

It works, people use it all the time.  You have to be zoomed in your scope and it will switch the point of view to a different turret.

How far must you be zoomed in? It works for me pre-battle, but as soon as I get into battle my camera's POV changes to be following the ship and hitting C after that point does nothing at all.

Members
1,926 posts
7,591 battles
12 minutes ago, cantgobacknow said:

How far must you be zoomed in? It works for me pre-battle, but as soon as I get into battle my camera's POV changes to be following the ship and hitting C after that point does nothing at all.

It's very minor if you're zoomed out.  It's most often used when an island is potentially blocking your front/rear turrets, usually at a target that is fairly close.  You click "C" when zoomed and it helps tell if your shells will clear the obstacle and hit the enemy.    I'm not sure it's helpful, or all that detectable, if you're in open water or zooming at long range targets. 

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,136 posts
5,017 battles
29 minutes ago, cantgobacknow said:

When you are zoomed out it doesnt do anything, but when you zoom in (mouse wheel), or are in sniper mode (shift key), then it swaps between viewing from your bow and stern turrets. If you are in a close range BB fight or poling out from behind an island, it makes the world's diffrence to make sure you are aiming using the view from the correct turrets.

Your front set may be a 70 degree angle, but your back ones are at 30. Big difference there

Edited by _BBaby

Sign in to follow this