Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Spartias

I Miss the Game

37 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

494
[OO7]
Members
1,421 posts
8,759 battles

I miss the game pre-Worcester.

I miss the game pre-CV rework.

I miss the game, but I miss it from when it still had charm.

  • Cool 13
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
707
[KNCOL]
Members
794 posts
1,752 battles
Just now, Spartias said:

I miss the game pre-Worcester.

I miss the game pre-CV rework.

I miss the game, but I miss it from when it still had charm.

Missed been crossed dropped to oblivion in less than 3 minutes

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,288
[PVE]
Members
4,279 posts
18,695 battles

Getting nostalgic?  I miss the game before the cruiser line split....

Did a fire breathing ship just ruin your day?  It happens a lot anymore.  I suspect we'll never get back to simpler days; there's no money in them.  Only gimmicks sell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
890 posts
14,077 battles

I miss it when BBs couldn't kill you with devastating secondaries from 11 km. BBs actually had to aim at you to hurt you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,306
[SALVO]
Members
24,852 posts
25,947 battles
43 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Getting nostalgic?  I miss the game before the cruiser line split....

Did a fire breathing ship just ruin your day?  It happens a lot anymore.  I suspect we'll never get back to simpler days; there's no money in them.  Only gimmicks sell.

Sorry, Asym, but I find it hilarious that people criticize the cruiser line split when before the split, the vast majority of the community WANTED the USN cruiser line split.

I happen to think that the line split was a good thing.  I thought so before the split, and continue to believe it to be good.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,569
[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,920 battles
58 minutes ago, Spartias said:

I miss the game pre-Worcester.

I miss the game pre-CV rework.

I miss the game, but I miss it from when it still had charm.

MWGGA  … GAGA  … GAH! 

Sorry … Hairball :)

Edited by Commander_367

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
387
[NSEW]
Members
1,874 posts
10,727 battles
1 hour ago, Spartias said:

I miss the game pre-Worcester.

I miss the game pre-CV rework.

I miss the game, but I miss it from when it still had charm.

To play the devils advocate. Low tier battles are still in it's original form/charm.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
564
[R-F]
Members
333 posts
11,725 battles
45 minutes ago, Prothall said:

I miss it when BBs couldn't kill you with devastating secondaries from 11 km. BBs actually had to aim at you to hurt you.

There are a lot of issues with the game but this isn't one of them lol, secondary builds are completely obsolete. 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,858
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,640 posts
20 minutes ago, Ossiuum said:

There are a lot of issues with the game but this isn't one of them lol, secondary builds are completely obsolete. 

Tell that to all the DDs my Mass sends to the bottom. All the DDs that try to run out of rain of my secondary range, only to find that my Georgia can not only keep up, it can run them down. :Smile_Default:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
759
[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
4,464 battles
3 hours ago, Spartias said:

I miss the game pre-Worcester.

I miss the game pre-CV rework.

I miss the game, but I miss it from when it still had charm.

Worcester isn't even strong.

No pre-rework was cancer as well. We just had the benefit of nobody wanting to play them.

Honeymoon phase is over.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,569
[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,920 battles
22 hours ago, CruiserSailor said:

image.png.1ef6e0c93cfd134896ef60034f299def.png

Now that the nasty hairball is out … Make WG Great Again?

 

Edited by Commander_367

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
432
[MPIRE]
[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
1,821 posts
10,838 battles

I remember the early days of the game quite fondly, and would love to experience them again.

But I also realize a lot of that was because I, and everyone else, were total noobs compared to now.  Half the charm was because nobody knew the mechanics and everything was OP as a result.  Going back to the era when everyone straight lined broadside and dev strikes were handed out like candy would just lead to weekend player complaints and crying about how OP IJN torps with low reaction time are.  The game HAS gotten better in many ways, despite some glaring issues, but nothing can really compare to the memory of the first time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
474
[KERMT]
Members
1,009 posts
4 hours ago, Koogus said:

Missed been crossed dropped to oblivion in less than 3 minutes

Or in a Tirpitz that is helpless vs the AP dive bombers the enterprise had. 

one pass I was deleted from full health and the game had been in motion for 2mins. 

Yeah. Old CV's can get rekt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
494
[OO7]
Members
1,421 posts
8,759 battles
1 hour ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Worcester isn't even strong.

No pre-rework was cancer as well. We just had the benefit of nobody wanting to play them.

Honeymoon phase is over.

It isn't about the Worcester, it's about loving the state of the game pre-Worcester release.

 

That's the last time I can remember truly loving the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,288
[PVE]
Members
4,279 posts
18,695 battles
5 hours ago, Crucis said:

Sorry, Asym, but I find it hilarious that people criticize the cruiser line split when before the split, the vast majority of the community WANTED the USN cruiser line split.

I happen to think that the line split was a good thing.  I thought so before the split, and continue to believe it to be good.

What I and others "like" isn't a statement for everyone else.  "I" enjoyed the game before the split a lot more than now.   That doesn't say the game is worse, it says I enjoy it less....  The metric is "fun..." and, radar, HE spam, more dakka boats, update 8.0, NTC and everything else since then "just isn't all that much fun.......   In this case, I am speaking for me.

This is the one man's innovation is another man's nightmare.....   That's all.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,130
Members
6,860 posts
15,357 battles
6 hours ago, Spartias said:

I miss the game pre-Worcester.

I miss the game pre-CV rework.

I miss the game, but I miss it from when it still had charm.

I think the conq was where they started to stray majorly. 

Edited by Ducky_shot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
494
[OO7]
Members
1,421 posts
8,759 battles
5 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I think the conq was where they started to stray majorly. 

Mmm aye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
894 posts
3,947 battles
7 hours ago, Spartias said:

I miss the game pre-Worcester.

I miss the game pre-CV rework.

I miss the game, but I miss it from when it still had charm.

Maybe you're just getting older?  Trust me, when you get to be my age the list of stuff you miss is stunning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,306
[SALVO]
Members
24,852 posts
25,947 battles
3 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

What I and others "like" isn't a statement for everyone else.  "I" enjoyed the game before the split a lot more than now.   That doesn't say the game is worse, it says I enjoy it less....  The metric is "fun..." and, radar, HE spam, more dakka boats, update 8.0, NTC and everything else since then "just isn't all that much fun.......   In this case, I am speaking for me.

This is the one man's innovation is another man's nightmare.....   That's all.......

I think that the game is better for the rework.  It means that CLs and CAs that were contemporaneous in real life were at the same tiers, not that faked up nonsense of having the Cleveland at tier 6 and the Baltimore at tier 9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,745
[INTEL]
Members
13,078 posts
36,093 battles
5 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

I think the conq was where they started to stray majorly. 

Pretty much this. Even after the removal of the old Fubuki, it was still awesome. But then...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
17 hours ago, Spartias said:

I miss the game pre-Worcester.

I miss the game pre-CV rework.

I miss the game, but I miss it from when it still had charm.

I miss screaming yellow zonkers... they were delicious...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,763 posts
93 battles
17 hours ago, Spartias said:

I miss the game pre-Worcester.

I miss the game pre-CV rework.

I miss the game, but I miss it from when it still had charm.

And let me guess, you miss the old days where 20km Shimakaze campers rule the map.

  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×