You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Roberto577_One

Amagi Tips?

10 comments in this topic

Members
4,307 posts
4,577 battles

If you got Kongo, they should play similar enough handling wise, but Amagi has several more guns and is a tad more sluggish in turning, so you'll have to get used to showing more side to fire. But Kongo should allow you to get used to firing from a safe distance with her good range. 

[WOLF3]
Members
290 posts
9,515 battles

Find a nice screened battlegroup to stick by and do not get to close. Do not under any circumstances brawl with anything. Learn to shoot those sweet guns the ship has and wreck face. I dont know about buying kongo but amagi is fun to play if not the most effective these days.

Outstanding Characteristics:

Good broadside weight and accuracy, turtleback armor prevents citadels, torpedo reduction is very good, speed.

Recomended Build Bias:

Fire prevention, gun accuracy, stealth.

[KILL]
Members
945 posts
10,905 battles

1.get concealment

2. find the enemies pushing side

3. Butt in instead of nose in in a position as close as possible to vanish where no one can broadside you

4.  use speed and concealment to blink out of view if he spam gets too heavy.

5. collect kills and salt from both teams

Members
6,621 posts
20,609 battles
1 hour ago, Roberto577_One said:

I'm about to get Amagi soon, and was considering repurchasing the Kongo to retrain myself in battlecruiser gameplay. Should I do so? Also any tips for the Amagi?

Never a better trainer for a ship than the ship itself. Playing tier 8 will expose you to ships that have ranges that are 10k further than tier 6. Get the Amagi, drop the hammer on people when you can and protect yourself the rest of the time.

Members
4,307 posts
4,577 battles
Just now, Sweetsie said:

Never a better trainer for a ship than the ship itself. Playing tier 8 will expose you to ships that have ranges that are 10k further than tier 6. Get the Amagi, drop the hammer on people when you can and protect yourself the rest of the time.

Unless you're crazy and buy Ashitaka or Kii beforehand, haha.

Members
667 posts
9,190 battles

Amagi is awesome IMO, one of my favorite BBs in the game.

*Accurate, punchy guns (10)but but with only moderate range 20km or so(less range than Kongo/Fuso/Nagato FWIW). Guns are a big +++ for me quite reliable and effective overall and capable of hurting tier 10s.

*Very solid armor profile and protection including turtleback armor.

*Surprisingly decent secondaries - with the turtleback it is a better brawler than you would think

*Good speed, conceal,  and manueverability.

*With 2 turrets at the fore and 3 turrets at the aft she fights a little better kiting than she does bow in.

*AA is kind of meh, not a strong point.

*Punches above her weight pretty well and  is fairly effective in tier 10 matches for me.

*Plays best at mid range(not a full sniper like other IJN BBs b/c of lower max range) but is accurate to max range and can brawl well in certain situations.

edit: no need to repurchase Kongo unless you like playing that ship. TBH Amagi and Kongo don't really play the same either.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger

[A-I-M]
Members
3,027 posts
13,273 battles
2 hours ago, Roberto577_One said:

I'm about to get Amagi soon, and was considering repurchasing the Kongo to retrain myself in battlecruiser gameplay. Should I do so? Also any tips for the Amagi?

I would not rebuy a non-premium ship just to train for another non-premium ship. There are two reasons for this:

1. Why train on something “similar” when you can train on the actual thing?

2. You’ll need to set up a second, identical captain on the trainer ship, or deal with retraining the captain at least one extra time before going to the destination ship.

and third, there are three reasons (I’m starting to sound like the Spanish Inquisition guy on Monty Python)

3. The time you spend training on Kongo is lost grind time the could have moved you forward on the Amagi grind.